Post your DUCKS!

riff

OK, so I could have sworn that I saw a thread of this nature a few years ago, but neither the search function nor my looking through dozens of pages, could unearth it. So mods.... If there is one, please add my post to it....

Since there seems to be so much caramel love here, in so many different brands, I thought it would be rad to see everything in one threak...

So I'll start off.

My oldest - Carhartt double front loggers pants, probably going on 10 years, with the history of our reno's splattered on them:

CIMG0553-Version2.jpg

CIMG0554-Version2.jpg

My SDA's, probably 4-5 years old:

CIMG0555-Version2.jpg

IH800:

CIMG0556-Version2.jpg

Carhartt Ropers:

CIMG0557-Version2.jpg

Family portrait:

CIMG0558-Version2.jpg

My oldest pair used to be the same color as the Ropers.... :)

Also have a Carhartt hooded/lined work jacket:

waywt-2.jpg

So c'mon! Let's see your ducks! Jeans, workpants, jackets, whatever!

Edit: apologies for the sizing - photobucket is acting up again....

good thread, sir!

'm hoping I'll have something in this line to post soon. IN the meantime, though, here's ROy's Cone promo bag, in their new selvage cotton duck, produced for LvC .

Prewash:

Unwasheddetail.jpg

And post-wash. These crease like crazy in the dryer... so you get plenty of marblling. More dye seems to get scraped off when you iron this stuff, too. It's beautiful fabric.

Washeddetailadjusted.jpgwashedbag.jpg

I saw this carhartt jacket in Brigton recently, they had a bunch of stuff but I liked this the best:

dirtyharryjacket.jpg

I have been thinking about this thread lately. Been wanting to create it. Looks like you beat me to it. I will post some pics of my goodies when I get the time.

Just my two pence worth....

I've posted these before, but they belong on this thread -

original 1970's Lee (91-LJ) which I use in the winter for drystone walling..

Lee91jand101j001.jpg

Lvc 1901 and 1873 duck pants

011.jpg

Lvc 1873 duck vest

FILEONE011.jpg

Lvc 1873 duck jacket

FILEONE015.jpg

and the 1873 Lvc duck family

008.jpg

Dr_Heech, that is one amazing collection! Thanks for posting!

Just for shits & giggles, you should pull a Zissou, and try wearing all the pieces together... ;)

riff, info on grey boots in the last pic of your OG post showing the jacket??

Bestie, they are a Red Wing x Beams collab from a number of years back. Beams usually does a new collab every year or so.

riff... what's the story with those carhartt ropers?

Hey Out On Bail, the Ropers were from Carhartt's euro line. Nice details, selvage. There are probably still a few floating around.

Great posts, keep em coming. Cmon Roy, where's the hunting jacket? :)

Ha!- I was planning on taking pictures today at lunch. So-

LVC Japan 1874 duck hunting jacket:

4582248084_41c0c75f0e_o.jpg

4582248160_7f62f0110b_o.jpg

4581618357_15bc459771_o.jpg

Someone on the LVC thread (SLAB?) said this would be good for carrying around photography equipment, and he was so right. I usually wear this when I take my good camera out of the house with extra lenses & chips in the pockets.

Dr Heech-It's always good to see those pictures.

You are too kind sir ! Looking forward to 6 monthly evo pix of your ducks.

@ BLM, nice boots. What era? 20's/30's?

And yes Riff, not the first time I've been asked but will try and oblige with your request !

:D

Ha!- I was planning on taking pictures today at lunch. So-

LVC Japan 1874 duck hunting jacket:

4582248084_41c0c75f0e_o.jpg

What a bitch. You disgust me.

Dr_Heech is exactly right- that's where I got my jacket. They also have it on Rakuten, but only size 38 left, and more expensive:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/joenet/levi-70210-0001/

Good! I'm sure I'll be similarly overcome with loathing if you ever get off your lazy ass and post your ROY ducks.

Damn. What's up delayed response? Did it take you all day to come up with that one? Hah! Anyways, the old lady is out of town for a week with the nice camera, but when she makes here way back it is duck duck goose time bitches.

Originally imbedded elsewhere by Beatle, but it seems more appropriate here.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jjcAuEYW9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jjcAuEYW9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Duck boots that have gotten better with age

2010-04-29014.jpg

These belong to my wife who inherited them from her mother. They are from the sixties or seventies. On the cloth label, the LL Bean is written in script, white on green, not the block letters I am used to. I have a nice old pair from the eighties, but nothing like these.