Nudie Jeans

arcanum

I know everyone hates on Nudies and all but I've been wearing these RRDS for 2 years close to everyday and the only thing thats ripped is from my dip can and is just now starting to lose some threads near the edges of the back pockets... Although they did stretch so much I ended up hating them.. so I took them apart and put them back together to perfectly fit my legs and taper pretty hard towards the end.

I know everyone hates on Nudies and all but I've been wearing these RRDS for 2 years close to everyday and the only thing thats ripped is from my dip can and is just now starting to lose some threads near the edges of the back pockets... Although they did stretch so much I ended up hating them.. so I took them apart and put them back together to perfectly fit my legs and taper pretty hard towards the end.

whoah. would be curious to see some pics of this--outcome and process if you have them.

wish I could say my SJDJs had held up this well. I'm sure some of it is down to body type, but even at a year of on-off wear, the crotch and back pocket tacks blew, not just wear-through, but ripped. patches all over my ass now lol. still love wearing them though.

Nudie news and shit..

Three new jeans for 2009.

Easy Emil (Loose Fit / Straight Leg)

Fast Freddy (Loose Fit / Cinch Back / Long Rise)

Big Bengt (Loose Fit / Narrow Yoke / Tapered Leg)

The Big Bengt is already available at a few places around the world, we've had them since November and they've been selling quickly at Self Edge...

The other three are being released in March.

• 2 weeks later...

For Brits and Londoners,

I spotted a bunch of Nudies, most models, in decent sizes for sale, mostly between £50 and £60, this morning.

It's at Onetwentyeight, a fairly new, fairly decent store, 128 Columbia Road, by the flower market. Open SUndays obviously, not sure about other days.

Guest DCDenim

the better nudies cost a lot of money, so you would be better off going with another high end japanese brand, the entry prices are high too, considering the quality you get for the money.

are slim jims 10oz?

the better nudies cost a lot of money, so you would be better off going with another high end japanese brand, the entry prices are high too, considering the quality you get for the money.

are slim jims 10oz?

There's nothing wrong with their quality. Where's your opinion based on.

There's nothing wrong with their quality. Where's your opinion based on.

he's just saying that compared to what you can get for the same price, Nudies don't have the best quality. I had nudies for my first two pairs of dry denim (think I paid around $200 for my RRDS and $175 for my RRDG) and after doing some research and spending some time in the supermarket I got a pair of Flat Head f310's for $175 or something. And you can't even start arguing with me that Nudies are anywhere near the quality of FH. just my .02

I said it before, but I've seen at least the same, if not more, premium Japanese denim with blownout crotches than Nudies.

As far as that goes, no difference in quality. I have to say Japanese stuff just feels better holds the indigo better and the fabric itself is better, but they won't last longer.

I said it before, but I've seen at least the same, if not more, premium Japanese denim with blownout crotches than Nudies.

As far as that goes, no difference in quality. I have to say Japanese stuff just feels better holds the indigo better and the fabric itself is better, but they won't last longer.

lol crotch blowout is not an indicator of the quality of the denim

crotch blowout = high stress in the crotch area from the fit (ie. sagged)

theirs a big gap between nudies and teh rest

he's just saying that compared to what you can get for the same price, Nudies don't have the best quality. I had nudies for my first two pairs of dry denim (think I paid around $200 for my RRDS and $175 for my RRDG) and after doing some research and spending some time in the supermarket I got a pair of Flat Head f310's for $175 or something. And you can't even start arguing with me that Nudies are anywhere near the quality of FH. just my .02

yeah but you are comparing retail to second hand prices.

how much do FH retail for?

I've seen nudies pretty cheap on the forum, for about 70 - 120 as well... so i would say they are proportional in terms of price and quality gap.