Nudie Jeans

arcanum

yes i can say crotch rip. what are you getting at?

slim jims are notorious for getting crotch rips due to the sizing down 2-3 and worn really low (in addition to the low rise) which adds alot of stress to the crotch area. Nudies aren't the only jeans with crotch rips if u have a look at the evolution thread, however some jeans are more prone than not.

I've seen people wear jeans like the MASA and RRDS with no problems, esp when they buy try to size and not size down more than 1.

For me personally I buy slightly more relaxed (yet still slim) jeans which are fitted at the waist initially and the stretch to be comfortable and not falling off without a belt. Those jeans give me less stress on the crotch area when i do things like walk up stairs etc than jeans that i've worn quite tight.

For nudies i personally think u should buy the smallest waist size u can button.... like even if it is a bit of a squeeze. but don't buy jeans that are unbuttonable - I'd buy jeans such as imperial tight enough so i can't button the top button, but for nudies it will be too much stress and won't contribute to the longevity and durability of the jeans, especially with the weakening of the fabric that occurs when u don't wash jeans for 6 - 12 months.

hope that helps

i sized down 3 from my normal jean size (AKA what i wear in my work jeans) for my Slim Jims. i could BARELY get them buttoned, but i fought it out that night when i got home from SE haha. to be honest i probably would have only sized down 2 if they had 29s in stock, but they didn't.

i'm not gonna ride my bike in these though, i think. i dunno, maybe i will. i am afraid of my crotch blowing, even though SE does free repairs

I picked up a pair of Slim Jim Dry Japans yesterday and I don't think they really fit right and they look kinda awkward. I feel like they look more like skater jeans which isn't what i wanted. Will they get better when it stretches?

I got a 32x34. If you guys think I should change the size then let me know because i still have the tags.

Here's some pics of mine (Shitty MacBook pics):

photo4yh9.jpg

photo5yb9.jpg

I wanted them to look like this:

ace2-6.jpg

Dry is not Raw.
you should ask questions until you know enough to make staterments. i have to -rep. for the sake of denim. repent!

Someone -rep nathan95035 for me. I tried but it won't let me again. You must understand, you sound like a dimwit at the moment and im surprised you're still in the green. fail

are nudies the endall-beall jeans when it comes to raw denim? forgive me, for im new to the whole nudie jean scene. im used to true religions and 7fam, so im trying to step my jean collection up a level.

not the end all but a good starter pair. id suggest checking out selfedge.com or blueingreensoho.com and look around and then look around at the different threads on here, and dont be afraid top drop $300 plus on a good pair of denimzzz

are nudies the endall-beall jeans when it comes to raw denim? forgive me, for im new to the whole nudie jean scene. im used to true religions and 7fam, so im trying to step my jean collection up a level.

megafail. they sell true religions at my school's bookstore. Nudies are okay, but if you really want to step up your game i would skip Nudie unless you're getting something specific (like a coated pair of jeans even though raf simons and other designer brands have those also) and go straight to APC or japanese denim

megafail. they sell true religions at my school's bookstore. Nudies are okay, but if you really want to step up your game i would skip Nudie unless you're getting something specific (like a coated pair of jeans even though raf simons and other designer brands have those also) and go straight to APC or japanese denim

the nudies black coated jeans are some of the best black coated jeans on the market - great value. Won't have to drop so much money on RAF.

Nudies are a great pair of denim to get started with, and theres no need to go "straight to APC" since APC and nudie are in the same market segment. The quality between the jeans are on a similar level, and even Mauro the ex-owner of denimbar.com and currently farinelli's maintains that nudie is of a higher quality - however nudies are overpriced. Having said this, its quite common to find nudies on sale or getting it cheaper from sites like www.cultizm.com - APC is mostly purchased at retail price (which is not bad at all)

The key differences why you'd choose APC over nudie?

1) The branding of Nudie vs Unadorned APC

2) The fit - but this tends to sway towards nudie as they offer a huge variety of fits.

And moving on to japanese denim? Sure Japanese denim is great (not all - as you being japanese doesn't make u superior by default) but not everyone is looking for repros or vintage cuts and detailing. There's also the segment on superfuture who live in the dior MIJ and April77 thread. That is, the fashion orientated market. Then there are those who's love is for flathead samurai etc.

Nudies is a great brand of denim - a wide selection of fits, varying qualities of denim, frequently found chepaer than RRP.

As you said, nudies are OKAY! :D

What makes jeans 'quality' jeans... I've seen plenty premium Japanese denims with blown out crotches and also plenty of nudies that are holding up for years..

Nudie Jeans are great if you ask me, I think some people dont want to wear it because its gotten too 'mainstream'

I disagree, crotch blowouts are usually found from people who actually are active in their jeans, many cyclists, or in construction, etc. I really dont think nudies would last half as long, their denim just isnt at the same level.

However, Nudie is great because their prices are reasonable, and they have numerous fits for every body type. Its very personable, and to me seems less intimidating to approach.

I would say, when you compare nudies to other japanese brands, you are comparing different market segments.

Nudie is more of a general denim brand but have a focus on raw denim.

Other jap brands would be a denim purist brand - vowing to the tradition of jeans making and being true to their blue roots (with a conscious eye on construction, quality, fabric, hardware)

The people that buy each type of brand are looking for different things.

You don't see many people who make comparisons between Aprill77 and Pure Blue Japan for example and the posters in each thread are not likely to be the same. I would even go as far to say that nudie is somewhere between these two types of brands.

Does anyone know the leg opening/hem measurement of slim jim dry black coateds (in size 30x34)?

Are they equal to or less than 7.5 inches? Every site I visit or listing changes measuremnts, ranging from 7 to 8 inches (variably around sizes 30-32, at which the hem shouldn't change at all).

Also, what size should I get in the SJDBC if I want a tighter fit? I'm a true waist of 31 inches.

I wear TFDS in 31x34 and they fit perfect at first, but now they're a bit loose but I can still wear them without a belt; probably could have gotten away with a 30x34.

I also wear Dior MIJ in size 29, which also fit perfect.

Should I just get TFDBC in 31x34? I was planning on buying a pair of 30x34 SJDBC from a user here, but realized he listed the leg opening as 7.75 inches, but I'm aiming for an opening of less than 7.5 inches.

So my options are: SJDBC 30x34, SJDBC 29x34, or TFDBC 31x34. If I can just figure out the exact hem measurements of of the SJDBC 30x34, I can figure all this shit out.