Nudie Jeans

arcanum

KKoutfit.jpg

kkoutfitfront.jpg

sorry these aren't the best photos, xposted from WAYWT from friends' photos, these are my new SSDS jeans.

What do you guys think of the fit? It didn't seem like a very popular fit which has since been discontinued.

I had an idea of tapering them from the knee below slightly... any thoughts on how that might turn out?

sorry these aren't the best photos, xposted from WAYWT from friends' photos, these are my new SSDS jeans.

What do you guys think of the fit? It didn't seem like a very popular fit which has since been discontinued.

I had an idea of tapering them from the knee below slightly... any thoughts on how that might turn out?

Good fit from what I can see, I don't think you need to taper.

Guest crazy4kix

is there a difference between slimjim dry japans and Nudie Jeans Slim Jim in Dry Broken Twill?

and

how much should i size down for slim jims or should i just stay true to size?

I'm thinking about picking up my first pair of raw denim and the slim jims are most likely my number 1 choice. So I'm guessing that sizing 1 down would be my best bet if I want them to fit like this picture? Thanks for the help, I'm gonna go the Atrium in NYC tomorrow and try on a pair.

your best bet is to actually just try them on at the store since you're going tomorrow anyways. some of the fits may be different on you depending on your body also. then you can judge which fits you like best to achieve the look you want.

Alright thanks, but do they stretch a lot? Or would I be able to get my actual waste size if that's what I felt looked best? I don't want to have them look good for a week and then be way too big.

They don't stretch THAT much, but they do stretch.

Try on a size where it feels snug but not too tight unless that's what you want.

Chances are if you try them on and they fit like you want them to fit, you should size down to account for the stretch,

hope that helps.

They don't stretch THAT much, but they do stretch.

Try on a size where it feels snug but not too tight unless that's what you want.

Chances are if you try them on and they fit like you want them to fit, you should size down to account for the stretch,

hope that helps.

Yeah thanks that helps. I didn't get a chance to go into the city today but I will be going tomorrow and trying them on. If I have enough cash then I'll buy it on the spot if not then I'll order it online. Thanks again.

I just bought a pair of grim tims true to size (tagged 34X34) rather then sizing down. Will these stretch in the thigh area? There already less slim in the thigh then the area from the knee down and any added stretching will just make them look awkard. I can deal with stretching in the waist, (a belt is your friend :] ), but I cannot afford any stretching in the thigh/lap area.Can anyone help?

k1tsch,

in my experience they will stretch about 0.5 to 1.25 inches in the thighs, depending on how long you've worn them and how tight they are initially.

I've heard some people saythat, find the size that you think looks the best, and size down one, so that when stretching is accounted for, it will fit like the one you want.

yes i can say crotch rip. what are you getting at?

slim jims are notorious for getting crotch rips due to the sizing down 2-3 and worn really low (in addition to the low rise) which adds alot of stress to the crotch area. Nudies aren't the only jeans with crotch rips if u have a look at the evolution thread, however some jeans are more prone than not.

I've seen people wear jeans like the MASA and RRDS with no problems, esp when they buy try to size and not size down more than 1.

For me personally I buy slightly more relaxed (yet still slim) jeans which are fitted at the waist initially and the stretch to be comfortable and not falling off without a belt. Those jeans give me less stress on the crotch area when i do things like walk up stairs etc than jeans that i've worn quite tight.

For nudies i personally think u should buy the smallest waist size u can button.... like even if it is a bit of a squeeze. but don't buy jeans that are unbuttonable - I'd buy jeans such as imperial tight enough so i can't button the top button, but for nudies it will be too much stress and won't contribute to the longevity and durability of the jeans, especially with the weakening of the fabric that occurs when u don't wash jeans for 6 - 12 months.

hope that helps

k1tsch,

in my experience they will stretch about 0.5 to 1.25 inches in the thighs, depending on how long you've worn them and how tight they are initially.

I've heard some people saythat, find the size that you think looks the best, and size down one, so that when stretching is accounted for, it will fit like the one you want.

Ok thanks...I may just have to get them hemmed in the thigh if the stretching becomes unbearable. Would this be a bad idea?