Nudie Jeans

arcanum

@craig: you might wanna try size-down ajds or lab dry series which is thick and stiff, however they wont be any thicker and stiffer than your Flatheads i suppose. just my suggestion.

edit: if you are really looking for a pair that fit like jims with better denim stuffs, you might wanna consider skull 6x6 too.

several of the ''repro brands'' also offer pre-distressed models, and some even re-sell previously worn denims of their brand worn-in by real people. for example the full count 1108 is $255 retail, but the pre-distressed model is $285. a lot of brands actually sell more washed jeans than raw, but you wouldn't know living here in america where most people aren't even aware these labels exist, and wouldn't care if they did. some of the brands we love aren't trying per se to revive raw denim, they just offer it with their other stuff and americans crave it. the avg. japanese jean-consumer isn't looking for repros, or selvage like we may think. ive heard japanese dudes who are dick-rode on sufu on the regular say they are interested in the american and european jeans labels( like nudie) cause its something different where they are.

ahhh, so it seems like everyone likes what they dont/ are not accustomed to having. i think i prefer the japanese stuff :)

@craig: you might wanna try size-down ajds or lab dry series which is thick and stiff, however they wont be any thicker and stiffer than your Flatheads i suppose. just my suggestion.

edit: if you are really looking for a pair that fit like jims with better denim stuffs, you might wanna consider skull 6x6 too.

think i've worked out what i'm looking for now.. its the fact that the jims sag lower than my flatheads due to a bigger rise, with the flatheads the legs seem to take over and the top half of me looks small in comparison, but with he jims its more balanced because the legs look shorter.

think apc may fit the bill, going to see if i can find some. would ove skulls aswell, i'll try some of these also.

I'm interested in what Kiya thinks about Nudie jeans and the general denimhead perceptionthat they are of lower quality than other brands.

Since Kiya hasn't chimed in, I'll put in my own (totally uneducated) 2 cents. I have a pair of Nudie SSDS, which I understand uses the best denim of all the Nudie jeans (same as the RRDS) and I have a pair of PBJ xx-005 and a pair of xx-007. I love the denim on the PBJ's, but the denim on the SSDS seems to be of comparative quality to me... again, I am definitely not a denim expert. The PBJ's are very slubby and therefore have a nice, interesting texture. But they seem to be softer and stretchier, and even though they are supposedly heavier (14.5oz vs. 13.5oz), the Nudies feel sturdier to me. I am more worried about crotch blowouts with my PBJ's than I am with my Nudies. I haven't had any of these jeans for long, the Nudies I've had for almost 3 months and I just got the PBJ's. I really love the denim on both, they are just totally different.

• 2 weeks later...

just the denim type. Dry japan is gonna feel pretty thin/lightweight and fades "electric" blue over time. This is in contrast to say the Slim Jim Dry Greycast which starts out with a greenish tint and fades to blueish green etc.

32 true waist, 29 APC NS (sized down 2) - they have stretched a lot and are a bit loose now so I could have probably sized down 3 for a tighter fit.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of slim jim dry black or grey coated. What size would you guys suggest 31 or 30? How does the fit in the seat of the slim jim compare to the APC NS? Thanks

^^^

I sized down 1 on SJDJs and that did me right. I found them pretty tight in the thighs as well, sizing down any more would have made them impossible.

I think the SJ seat is a narrower and tighter than the NS, even with at this point a couple years of stretching. And maybe the back rise is longer on the SJ as well?

mackie: Thanks for the quick reply.

I believe the sizing is the same on the Thin Finn, size down 1 from true waist, correct? How does the seat on Thin Finn compare to APC NS?

Nudies were my first pair of dry denim since Feb. 08

SJDJ, quite baggy now. Repaired once around the crotch and have to wear a belt in order to stay up around my waist.

1 wash+hang dry and a hot soak.

Got them tapered recently to 7.5 (loving it) and hoping to get more wear before my next wash (when I get a camera. . .)