Nice Bars in Tokyo and Kyoto

kaskade89

Hey guys, visiting kyoto/tokyo next month and was just wondering about places to get good drinks and cocktails. I've heard about the usual (ie Bar radio, New york bar at park hy) etc, but it'd be cool to know some places to drink/lounge/party in kyoto as well. thanks for the advice!

Hey guys, visiting kyoto/tokyo next month and was just wondering about places to get good drinks and cocktails. I've heard about the usual (ie Bar radio, New york bar at park hy) etc, but it'd be cool to know some places to drink/lounge/party in kyoto as well. thanks for the advice!

are you trying to pick up beezies or looking to have GOOD cocktails

you should just go to heartland or hub

There's girls @ heartland? Since when? o.O

What kind of bars are you looking for? What places do you like in nyc as a reference?

Both bar radio and ny bar are sort of meh imo, but worth seeing once. If you're going to hit ny bar, do it super early evening if you want to avoid cover. (They recently charge some min 30$ BS if you're there after 8pm or something) I really would just go there to have 1 or 2 quick early drinks as the prices are stupid high either way + you pretty have to cab it there and back as it's bumblefuck west in shinjuku. (It is better to pay for 1-2 drinks than pay the admission to mori tower roof though if you just want to be high up)

or shinjuku golden gai

i met a beezy at heartland before

i dunno if she counts b/c she knew someone in my group

that night was pretty hazy. dj_rajio's buddy bought me two shots of absinthe

haha. thanks for the reply guys. well right now in nyc im really digging some speakeasys like PDT and small bars/lounge like angel share, pegu club, apotheque, death & co., employees only, milk & honey, kasadela etc etc. haha, so I live in the east village and thats why i frequent t some of those, but then again i also like nicer places like goldbar, hudson lounge, bagatelle. I like places that are chill, not crazy loud music, lounge-ish and sort of understated but nice.

Im looking for some similar spots in tokyo, and i understand that some nice places are not too welcoming towards foreigners.. so maybe places that do welcome us, lol

Then again, it'd be nice to see some nice clubbing places, just to check out what the scene is like in tokyo.

So yeah, i;d really appreciate it if you could tell me about a variety of places like that. Im staying in yurakucho (is that ginza?), but anyways, somewhere not too far, within tokyo at least. :) thanks guys! appreciate it!

There's girls @ heartland? Since when? o.O

What kind of bars are you looking for? What places do you like in nyc as a reference?

Both bar radio and ny bar are sort of meh imo, but worth seeing once. If you're going to hit ny bar, do it super early evening if you want to avoid cover. (They recently charge some min 30$ BS if you're there after 8pm or something) I really would just go there to have 1 or 2 quick early drinks as the prices are stupid high either way + you pretty have to cab it there and back as it's bumblefuck west in shinjuku. (It is better to pay for 1-2 drinks than pay the admission to mori tower roof though if you just want to be high up)

oh, and id like to add, i really really enjoy GOOD cocktails. so maybe a place that has tasty drinks and tasty women. hmph. and places with good looking people? hahhaha. (no seriously though)

Are you traveling alone?

It's really hard to answer generic questions like that...

Tokyo's full of hole-in-the-wall "trendy" bars.

It's really hard to say what's good and what's not.

Some of Japan's old-school / award-winning bartenders are in Ginza.

You should hit up Sabaku no bara in Ginza. It's sort of like a club & you can def. pick up women there.

PM salaryman. He's into balla status things.

I know decent date spots, cafes, and etc

but that's about it. Nothing super classy.

• 10 months later...

Fuck the New York Bar, it's like 20$ for a Heineken there and full of white business travellers that look like they could be my father. If you really want the view just got to the little lobby bar a floor beneath it, same view and still pretty expensive drinks, but a lot more reasonable than New York bar.

Does anybody know if Golden Gai is still standing? :(

One of my favorite places too just relax in Tokyo is Office, it's right by Gainmae station, nice view and chilled vibe.