Denim worn over 2 years

jwsach

BUT HOW TO GET FADEZZZZ??? (iron?)

pretty much denim lasts longer when you wash it because the sweat, dirt, and oil from wearing jeans chemically breaks down the denim and causes holes and blowouts. good quality denim is not supposed to lose that much indigo when washed. fades come from abrasions and not from washing

erk - just think about it this way ..it looks like some of us are growing old with sufu...there's a good chance we will get to see the "Jeans worn for over 10 years" thread..which basically is still a "Jeans worn for over 2 years" thread....in other words - you can post jeans that have been worn for more than 10 years in both threads - whilst a pair that has been worn for more than 2 years but not for more than 10 years would go in the original "worn for over 2 years thread" . It all makes sense.

yeah, some of us may have lost some of our enthusiasm for raw denim, but the grail and 2 year threads are condensed versions, like the best of the best. so i guess a 2 year grail pair can go into both threads i guess...

hopefully these two new threads will encourage more of us to wear our jeans longer. send that blown out pair to SE or BiG, get em' fixed and keep em' going.

I'd like to see some more posts in this thread! I love those APCs that were posted.

This is my pair of Skull 5010-xx 6x6 raw. Thanks to Kiya at Self Edge.

They've been worn every day with very little exception for 2 years and 4 months now. The photos below were taken at just over 2 years.

They are falling apart all over the place and I'm uncertain if I'll be able to meet my 3-year daily wear goal. I've done lots of repairs myself (thanks to Fab Four for the repair kit) but it is becoming a weekly task now. We'll see how long they can hold out for!

38a737ed.jpg

35c1557e.jpg

468b8bca.jpg

84e8d691.jpg

313fa876.jpg

Those look seriously amazing.

That money shot of the rear yoke is great.

wow, info on those fobdot?

Well I bought them in 2 summers ago in Taiwan. They were selling these for about 100 USD. They were raw, selvedge and felt nice. Its fucking humid and hot in Taiwan which is why I think they faded so well compared to other pairs of Levis. Wore em every day for a year and on and off with other pairs for the second. I took the pictures with an Iphone and I hope to retake better pictures later this week for more detail.

My retired Levis 501xx

ffffffffff2.jpg

ffffffffff.jpg

These are fakes. Better looking than typical levis as well.

Cross Post from "Eternal 868 10th Anniversary - Arrived!" thread. I also posted these in the Eternal thread sometime back. 2 Plus years and they have lost some indigo and had a few repairs since these photographs. For over a year they were my 5-7 day a week work jeans. Before that were my after work jeans.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

^ those eternals are fkin beautiful

I have old joints but I am not very rough with em, here you go. my IH are going on 3 years but they look like most people's 6-month. I won't post them here, u prolly laffz

APC, purchased something like Sep 2005, fakkk

apc_4yr_front.jpg

that japanese site is full of grailiness!

here's my contribution to this thread, miki san's 5 year worn FC. gordon confirmed that miki wore them for at least 5 years. respect the architect bitches!

17563355.jpg

70022088.jpg

here are the sams, not quite a full 2 years, but they took all they could...neg me if they don't measure up...color is really this white, trust.

92292863.jpg

81220636.jpg

21852721.jpg

this thread kicks arse. i meant to rotate sam pics, but oh well.