Denim worn over 2 years

jwsach

yeah my eternals at 5 months are dying...

@bjork oh really? which? or all?

hope mine make it there. The crotch blew out yesterday, the back pockets are pretty bad, and the front pocket bags are coming apart again

GL!! repairs repairs? i dig jeans with tons of repairs patches etc

yeah my eternals at 5 months are dying...

@bjork oh really? which? or all?

the iron hearts, i think i'm gonna post some evo pics in a month or so. if i recall correctly you never posted your post wash pics, or did you?

I took a few quick snaps of my s5000vx. Owned since Sept. 2008 - worn hard for two years and occasionally after that. 20+ washes.

I think these look great. Honestly, I prefer the more subtle fades on these than the full blown contrast Samurai's that have only been worn for less than a year. Nice work, and fuck the haters.

I think these look great. Honestly, I prefer the more subtle fades on these than the full blown contrast Samurai's that have only been worn for less than a year. Nice work, and fuck the haters.

Completely agree, vintage fades over the sharp fades every time for me. Some of the extreme examples of faded Samurai just look OTT and like a fake wash in my opinion. The fades on this pair look like genuine, vintage fading. Great work.

Completely agree, vintage fades over the sharp fades every time for me. Some of the extreme examples of faded Samurai just look OTT and like a fake wash in my opinion. The fades on this pair look like genuine, vintage fading. Great work.

+1

Some of the contrasty fades seen on this site look engineered as fuck, imho.

• 2 weeks later...

size 31 SExI04

Kopped around 3/20/2008

soaked at 6 month, 9 month~

wash at 12 month, 18 months~

Patched twice

alligned the crotch by sewing the button hole smaller

been to Cali, NY, HK, TW, Beijing, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan

I'd say color is fairly accurate

P1040324.jpg

P1040325.jpg

Update on these since i'm coming up on the three year mark. X-post from evo thread and imperial thread.

SExI04, coming up on 3 years... theres a blood stain on the front right pocket but im scared to wash/soak anymore :o

pictures taken indoors at night with some extra lighting (coming from one of those octopus target lamp things). pics are unedited.

190418_10150156219036678_688436677_8132075_3740151_n.jpg

198409_10150156219061678_688436677_8132076_6556917_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty intense stuff, phive-oh-won. And if these are not (at least!) two years old, I'll no longer claim I know anything about denim. A bit of a pity that they are not actually 501s, though.

some people wanted some more pics so here we go, the oni denim have been washed plenty of times, sometimes after two to three days of wear after a grimy messy smoke stained alcohol spilled weekend or sometimes after a couple weeks and even sometimes after a couple months wear. overall i'd guess i've washed em around 75-100 times since early 07. No special technique just a simple washer & dryer method with the rest of my clothes. This pair was ordered back in 06 from B.I.G.

here they r with my joe hill belt and tanner wallet, the hole on the back right pocket is from my red moon wallet.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

I've seen a ton of great pairs in this thread recently, and figured I would share a pic of my Levi's 47s that I have had since 2006. These have seen at least two years of wear, and are probably close to 3 1/2 years of actual wear. The pic is not the best, but I'll post more and better pics after the sun comes out.

<a  href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5174/5579627650_9ddb871085_z.jpg' alt='5579627650_9ddb871085_z.jpg'>Picture 846 by ray.wendolowski, on Flickr[/img]

• 3 weeks later...

These are the LVC's that got me into buying decent repro denim over ten years ago. They've worn through in the knee and back pocket so were patched them up with denim from an old pair of 50's Payday overalls. I tried to stay true to the primitive way of sewing patches on based on what I've seen on vintage denim work wear. That was easy since my sewing skills are pretty lame.

47501front.jpg

47backII.jpg

47501crotch.jpg

47501pocket.jpg

Really dig the faded RRL's. One more brand to add to my collection...*sigh*.

Would you consider leaving some damages unrepaired (if not at the sensitive spots)? I think that will make them look even cooler while they develop towards more ripped and torn.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...