braille_teeth

Tender Co. Denim

EDIT! @srudy and @AlientoyWorkmachine I'm so sorry- I just took a closer look and you're both completely right- this is indeed the Old North Cross Weave Indian Black jacket. :blush:

It's a really nice one, and as Alientoy says this photo looks a little darker than the garment in real life. At least I can say that it too comes up slimmer than the woad standard denim version, so should fit you ok Srudy. This fabric was particularly hard to sew into the tight angles of this jacket, so I don't expect to repeat it, and there were only 12 pieces made- great find! 

I'm so sorry for the mixup, I should have looked more closely before posting. As I said, :blush:

@rodeo bill Thank you for the details on both! I’d be fortunate to get either and have been looking for a 900. I am so excited either way! Should arrive today and I’ll give you all an update! 

@rodeo bill I've never seen that logwood dyed version - it looks great too. I know you did a release of the Woad ones last year which I missed out on, do you ever plan to make more 900's - other dyes or even just unborn? The one I've got has a long life ahead of it but I do love the pattern of that jacket.

12 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

do you ever plan to make more 900's - other dyes or even just unborn? The one I've got has a long life ahead of it but I do love the pattern of that jacket.

yes :ph34r:

more soon!

Thank you @sven I love it so much! 

3 hours ago, srudy said:

Alrighty, so here it is…

Tender Co type 900 x Old North size 4

im very happy with it. Took a chance on the sizing since I typically wear a 2 or 3 in tender but this works, especially with the side cinches pulled tight. 

81DEC1FD-7EBA-4B37-A940-F88E6B0C8BCB.jpeg

nice: that's the volume I'd like, with good sloppy shoulder: approx a 7 needed for me then ...

Found these on grailed in my size, unworn and boxed.

IMG_1014.thumb.jpg.ee15af564ec1ccbd313650e0abe24163.jpgIMG_1012.thumb.jpg.1010d920b96b207b12cd8f100a1d4dd2.jpg

comfortable out of the box but a bit noisy as the leather is quite dry so will give them a good oil in the next couple of days.

I just got a 461 baste pocket shirt, and this fabric is quite something.

IMG_1718.thumb.jpg.66011c270086987ff67d4347b6f9b280.jpg

It's gonna be interesting to see how the indigo fades.

^thanks very much @sensy! It's a really special fabric, I hope you enjoy it and yes please do keep us posted with how it progresses

first pair of tender and i love it

type 136 19oz walnut

really unique and subtle brown hue. the cut was exactly what i was looking for to round out the collection. 

@rodeo bill was this garment dyed in the walnut? also can i expect a standard amount the stretch in the waist with these? I usually target washed waist measurements closer to 29 inches which put me between sizes. this size 2 with 15 inch flat waist fits exactly how i want but just curious on what to expect. my guess is that it will shrink back after washes? thanks for all your hard work!

250997FD-775A-45D2-A696-7624C2CEA561.jpeg

4B345740-4ECE-4FE3-9E8A-F3AA3B21DF41.thumb.jpeg.302c674cc54686c3fc593311e82977b9.jpeg

One of my wire buckle belts and a raw (unborn?) strap below - if leather can be immortal then this is it

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 11/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, denimondenimondenim said:

first pair of tender and i love it

type 136 19oz walnut

really unique and subtle brown hue. the cut was exactly what i was looking for to round out the collection. 

@rodeo bill was this garment dyed in the walnut? also can i expect a standard amount the stretch in the waist with these? I usually target washed waist measurements closer to 29 inches which put me between sizes. this size 2 with 15 inch flat waist fits exactly how i want but just curious on what to expect. my guess is that it will shrink back after washes? thanks for all your hard work!

Thank you so much for this, I'm delighted you're enjoying your new jeans! Yes indeed the jeans are garment dyed in walnut, so as they fade you'll get some blue from the indigo weft yarn as well as a softening of the brown. And yes, these will stretch a bit- they've had a hot wash in the walnut dyeing process which shrinks them down fully, but they'll stretch out with some wear, and back in with washing. It's a very forgiving fabric :-)

i imagine wearing this the rest of my life

11B9F3A2-3104-4263-833C-62285AD1A0A6.jpeg

CD24D956-429E-458A-A1AF-E7E600910FBA.jpeg

i wanted to photograph my jeans line up. ive been rotating these with roy r01, and wh dsb 1000

9FC49D5A-74E1-43A7-A6E6-208CB0D57602.jpeg

7718F20E-FC7B-4EA8-AB1A-16D5E430C86D.jpeg

24DA493C-BE4A-4567-B20F-0C09E229004C.jpeg

4CAF15ED-31FD-46FE-9373-E64FFC60C74C.jpeg

129 from raw

Edited by heyson

1 hour ago, Fooleo said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWqkQIaIv7F/

Type 900 production just teased on IG, can't wait!

@rodeo bill  any chance we may be lucky enough to get the donegal blanket lining with this iteration? 

thanks for noticing! I've got a couple of nice options coming along for this, but not the donegal blanket lining I'm afraid, that was just for the 10 years production and I don't want to make those less special by repeating them. These will be very nice though, I promise! More soon

20 hours ago, heyson said:

i imagine wearing this the rest of my life

couldn't ask for more! Thank you so much- all looking great