braille_teeth

Tender Co. Denim

Anyone interested in a Butterfly Shirt in red-ochre-dyed airbag cambric, size 4? Picked it up a few years ago and it's a size too small, still unworn with all the tags and all that—really lovely shirt

Would be happy to sell or trade

Edited by julian-wolf

Looks like there will be a Type 900 jacket restock soon, could be my first Tender clothing purchase. 

more monster posts :D

butterfly shirt, the one @julian-wolf has for sale, in ecru calico. the button is metal wrapped in fabric.

i7BD93n.jpg

nice subtle selvedge line

HyHSHp3.jpg

square tail shirt in woad linen, very cool (temp-wise) fabric, probably my most worn

hOZzgyo.jpg

EU1euZ2.jpg

i love the utilitarian pocket on this shirt. i believe it was inspired by a diy mod by a tender fan on this forum?

gVsR1vf.jpg

wallaby shirt in green khaki dyed cotton sateen

KTJv9F8.jpg

i love the british racing green buttons on this one

gU0Co16.jpg

verdigris-dyed tesseract shirt in ecru cotton lawn with indigo stripes

JMmvUwH.jpg

the verdigris dye is basically gone from the ecru fabric, but some are left on the buttons!

DS6ETYW.jpg

tender stuffs suit my aesthetic the most out of all the usual brands on this forum. 

@oomslokoplove the fact that you decided to just thick cuff your way with the original hem.

I might probably do the same to preserve it. :cool:

Agreed, really envious of that linen square-tailed shirt—would be perfect for hiking in, and it's aged beautifully

Here are some photos of the Type 430 Butterfly shirt in red-ochre-dyed airbag cambric, size 4

Q9i4CMN.jpg

3X3HUIL.jpg

KJSJ9s3.jpg

SiGzXox.jpg

BX6shPu.jpg

TsaJvPy.jpg

im1K6Gr.jpg

RwjKDpR.jpg

zrtpDVR.jpg

The fabric's really nice and stretchy, but this size is too slim for me in the shoulders (works great everywhere else)

Also feat. Cane's and Birks

20 hours ago, JDelage said:

It's similar, but not quite the same. Oomslokop's is type 429, and the new 493 is a based on it. The main difference (asides from new fabrics and buttons) is that the 429 (and the long sleeve 422) has a simple shoulder seam and the 493 (and long sleeve 492) have an overlapping double shoulder, which looks like a dress shirt yoke from a distance, but is actually the front and the back panels sewn together with a wide double section between the stitch lines. The fabric in your link (indigo chambray tote cloth) is a little heavier than Ooms's shirt, but still a lovely mid-weight. It's a true indigo chambray, woven with the same indigo warp yarn as in Tender jeans denim, so it will fade and wear in beautifully. Here's a closeup:

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.4819031b01defc4e7c2db2f0d18f4ffe.JPG

@julian-wolf, that's a lovely shirt- there were just a few made for Oi Polloi, I think. I hope it goes to a good home!

Awesome page... loving the updates gents...

Here's my hook buckle belt in tan from Feb 2012

Ageing superbly, nice and supple... the tan has tanned really nicely (it's due a little cream)... and the brass just gets better...

William's innovative buckle is a real winner for me

20200918 Tender belt 1.JPG

20200918 Tender belt 2.JPG

20200918 Tender belt 3.jpg

20200918 Tender belt 4.jpg

Great belt. I have the same one from the same period, and have been wearing it a lot lately. It's cool to see another one with some wear.  

On 9/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, rodeo bill said:

It's similar, but not quite the same. Oomslokop's is type 429, and the new 493 is a based on it. The main difference (asides from new fabrics and buttons) is that the 429 (and the long sleeve 422) has a simple shoulder seam and the 493 (and long sleeve 492) have an overlapping double shoulder, which looks like a dress shirt yoke from a distance, but is actually the front and the back panels sewn together with a wide double section between the stitch lines. The fabric in your link (indigo chambray tote cloth) is a little heavier than Ooms's shirt, but still a lovely mid-weight. It's a true indigo chambray, woven with the same indigo warp yarn as in Tender jeans denim, so it will fade and wear in beautifully. Here's a closeup:

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.4819031b01defc4e7c2db2f0d18f4ffe.JPG

@rodeo bill Any chance you still have any size 2 in this fabric lying around?

On 9/19/2020 at 5:05 PM, redragon said:

@rodeo bill Any chance you still have any size 2 in this fabric lying around?

Thanks @redragon! Sorry, not in the short sleeve, but I do have a long sleeve (type 492) in this fabric in a 2. Please just let me know if you need any more details.