braille_teeth

Tender Co. Denim

2 hours ago, erockisalive said:

Finally bit the bullet on my first pair of Tender jeans. Got the 130 in Rinsed denim molleton. 

Cannot wait to break them in and finally wear something other than gym shorts around the house while in lockdown. 

1483C60B-5905-4AA5-AE9A-4DB95EDBD856.jpeg

CB4886DA-3F26-490A-A0FC-CBEF3F98B863.jpeg

6E6A2368-FB7B-40B2-BEF8-FAD8764B3CD0.jpeg

CE3F6D28-8F90-4707-98A9-2DBED5352CB8.jpeg

Nice! I have the same ones, been wearing them more than any other pants I have while being stuck at home.

@jjjustin luckily they’re very soft inside! Between the quarantine and summer suddenly hitting here in Southern California, my fades have been suffering. 

Hi everyone! So this is my first real post related to items I've bought. As you may have read, I started off my Tender Co. journey with the 130 jeans which got me interested further into denim and Willam's brand. I realised soon after that whilst I love clothing and all things denim, what drew me into Tender Co. was it's exploration of craft and ceramics. I decided to collect all the other things I felt people were perhaps overlooking or not giving as much thought or attention to. This led me to start collecting as many mugs as I could (lol I have a few ;) ) as well as bowls, plates, hair combs, key holders, leather goods etc. I've really enjoyed using my ceramics over the years, and feel they've developed a lot of character along the way. I like how although Tender is primarily a clothing brand, William hasn't been shy to delve into British manufacture and craft; something I feel blessed to be connected to in my own small way. Being British, I immediately feel a sense of pride, being able to honour and utilize the goods made domestically by skilled artisans.

This is some of my collection, and I'm drinking my favourite tea in the world here, kashmiri chai, or Pink tea as we affectionately call it in Pakistan. :wink:

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_8850.JPG

Any word on if the Type 900 jacket will return this winter?
Looking back through this thread and there are some really nice worn examples, would love to have one of my own.

19 hours ago, Broark said:

Any word on if the Type 900 jacket will return this winter?
Looking back through this thread and there are some really nice worn examples, would love to have one of my own.

Thanks for this. That's the plan! My factory's only just opened back up after coronavirus lockdown, and there's a lot of catching up to do, but I hope to have some back in stock in time for the winter. Watch this space (or instagram)

Great news! I've got a long way to go before winter, so no rush.

Just noticing the mechanical GS/TP watches up on Stores—how long have these been around for? Anyone have experience with them? Last I checked, I remember everything being quartz

^

Pretty sure it's been around since the inception of GS/TP , released at the same time as the quartz version.

IMG_20200523_112756.thumb.jpg.468e8986c6ff8c748dc80521dcb0c682.jpg

IMG_20200523_112935.thumb.jpg.cc9b0602de6618a6847db4ec6ed9db2f.jpg

I had this for about ~2 years now, the thickness does not bother me.

There are scratches on the domed glass, normal with use. Functionality still normal.

I am def not watch guy so this is good enough for me now.

Took a (very incomplete) photo of some socks to send to a friend—figured I might as well share

dRAEcUZ.jpg

From top to bottom:

black wool / walnut cotton

indigo wool

logwood (I think?) alpaca 

safflower wool

Indian black wool

eucalyptus mohair

woad alpaca

red okra mohair

With a new pair of sunglasses + watch in as well, this has got me thinking about taking a full family photo next time the light's appropriate

Really love the wear marks from what I'm guessing is your boots on the safflower and Indian black wool. Always wanted to get me a pair of Tender socks...

Hey @julian-wolf, would you mind sharing some pics/details/impressions of the new watch you got? I’m kind of interested in one as well, would like to hear your thoughts!

Happy to—was planning to do the same for the round-top glasses, so maybe I'll try to lump them together next time lighting and motivation coalesce

In the meantime, some quick impressions: I've been wearing the watch every day for around a month, and so far it's been serving me well. When I've tested it it's seemed to hold a wind for a little under a full day, which seems to be shorter than some, but I like to wind it twice (before I put it on in the morning and after I take it off at night) either way, so this isn't a limiting factor to me at all. It's been consistently gaining around 12–15 seconds a day, which seems to be within the expected margin. My one complaint, so far, is that the hands continue to move when the crown is pulled out; because of this, precisely setting the seconds is only possible when the spring has run down fully, and is a bit of a dance.

I mostly bought the watch watch for the design of the case, and that's where it's really continued to shine. First, 28 mm is a great size; it's never too loud (especially given the dark coloring) and it never feels like it's getting in the way. I was worried, based on some of the photos, that the case might end up being uncomfortably thick / deep, but I think that the apparent thickness was just an illusion resulting from its small diameter: in practice, it doesn't feel any thicker than other mechanical watches that I've worn, even with the NATO strap. The crystal is lensed beautifully near the edges; it reads flat from above but has great distortion once you hit around a 30° incidence, and for me that's the perfect cherry on top.

Thanks Julian! That actually sounds great. I am looking for a simple and versatile watch for everyday wear, and this seems to be hit the spot for me.

Posted (edited)

I just saw some of the new season stuff is slowly making its way onto the website - looks awesome! Love the look book!

@redragon, William will correct me, but I think the crystal is acrylic (not sapphire), so a bit of toothpaste should get rid of any light scratches. Just apply a little bit and rub it with a clean cloth.

Edited by Nei.Nor

10 hours ago, Nei.Nor said:

@redragon, William will correct me, but I think the crystal is acrylic (not sapphire), so a bit of toothpaste should get rid of any light scratches. Just apply a little bit and rub it with a clean cloth.

Thanks very much for this @Nei.Nor, and @redragon. The crystals are mineral, not acrylic. The first very few watches had old stock acrylic but there were some problems with smudging on the insides, which didn't look good. I've not had any scratching on mine (both my GS/TP watches have mineral crystals), but I've heard that toothpaste does also work on mineral crystal, although you have to rub a bit harder. I believe it's easier if you let the toothpaste dry out a little bit before you rub it, to reduce the amount of water and increase the abrasiveness.

Type 473 Sack Shirt. Here's the first SS20 shirt to start coming through, and I think it's a really nice one. I started thinking about pleats in the back to give extra body to the shirt without dropping the shoulders, and then I thought it'd be nice to put something into the shoulder itself. There's a nurse's uniform at the Fashion Museum in Bath which has big pleats into the back of the shoulders, and big side pockets. I played around with it a bit and added matching front pleats, so that the shirt has very full fronts as well as backs, but hangs normally from fitted shoulders. Here's a diagram:

1716935760_Screenshot2020-07-09at09_24_49.thumb.png.0abb69fbe9e6eff05bb3fcd99d74243d.png

This is the rinsed ecru cotton Tote Cloth which I have in stock on the Stores now. The fabric is woven in the UK and is a base fabric for tote bags. The buttons are pressed solid aluminium, also custom made in the UK.