Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

On 1/6/2023 at 10:00 AM, rodeo bill said:

something new! but as far as can be seen in this photo, 132. I'm hoping to get these into production later in the Spring- more then

I’m quietly (loudly I guess since I’m writing this post) hoping for a 132 with a higher rise, like the 125(?)

• 2 weeks later...

Meadow https://www.meadowweb.com/collections/tender-co is having a pretty decent sale on Tender items FYI. I already snagged a 452 shirt, a mug and a pair of 125 jeans.

I was going to wait for whatever the new 132 thing is, or possibly get one of the overdyed 125 but this pair was too cheap not to get (and I really love that fit).

Edited by sensy

16 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@rodeo bill Really like the look of the new Wide Face shirt

From the photos, it looks like a bit of a wider / shorter fit, similar to the Bridge Pocket shirt. Is there any truth to that, or just a bit of wishful thinking on my end?

Thanks so much for this Julian! The Wide Face shirt is a really nice one, I think it'll work well for you. It's not quite as wide as the Bridge Pocket Shirt, but a similar feel. The sleeves are a little longer. Here are a couple of photos (size 3, and I'm wearing a T-shirt underneath)- flat to show the proportions, and with the cuffs rolled back as I wear it myself (I have short arms and like cuffs on my wrist):

DSCF5581.jpg.359f9a089874f95f1b3ac2c4c9741a8b.jpg

DSCF5582.jpg.d20ead61e8eae564b61855b0b0454274.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't know about Tender co until recently, when I saw a photo here of some hippie looking dashing in what I learned was a "900 jacket", apparently while selling vegetables at a farmer's market. Went in search of said jacket, but no luck. I did however find an indigo cotton sweater, something I've been after for a long time. Turns out it's the same as pictured a few posts above.

Just want to say it's one of the most beautiful and unusual garments I've handled. Also probably the nicest commercial transaction I've ever had.

@bloom - it's a great jacket, my favorite denim design that's not obviously repro oriented. So much so that I have it in 2 fabrics.

FWIW, there are a few left, though neither are the woad version, and sizes are limited. https://www.tenderstores.com/product/type-900-jacket/?variation=28411 

Tender is a personal favorite for me - I've got more pieces from William's brand than from any other maker (mostly jackets, a few sweaters and one pair of jeans - for now). The denim used (as discussed recently in another thread) is its own sort of special. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2023 at 3:05 PM, merzbot said:

What a way to breathe new life into those jeans! I imagine it took some bravery to give such beautifully worn in pair another plunge in the indigo vat. The result is sublime.

Thank you so much! and yes it did- but I'm totally delighted with the result.

I've purchased a Tender GS/TP watch secondhand that sadly seems to be broken. Wonderful looking watch and I'll be sad to have to send it back. I'm assuming that the watch should wind clockwise with the crown in first position (unscrewed)? It's hard to tell if winding powers the motion at all without a second hand but does not seem to.

PXL_20230717_232431437.MP(1).thumb.jpg.e07681efcb0420f4658868e38473b611.jpg

@willi that is a nice one! It's the Fried Eggs dial, and from the length of the lugs it's from the first run (we lengthened the lugs slightly in later runs) but @tjsma is right, this is a quartz watch, so likely just needs a new battery, which can be fitted at any local watch repair place (or a decent shoe menders/key cutters).

Edit- just to confirm, the crown on these watches is only to set the time- pull out and turn anti/clockwise to set the hands. Only the black cased GS/TP watches and a very few early 'Flier's Dial' silver steel case watches were wind-up.

Edited by rodeo bill

• 1 month later...

My own 12oz dimple Cross Weave 136s are coming along nicely, some photos once they show a bit more, but here are some pics of a pair belonging to a long-time customer and friend of the brand. These are 10oz Cross Weave 130s. This denim was woven a little looser, showing more warp (the ecru yarn) on the face, and a more pronounced twill, than the 12oz version. A pic when they were fairly new in Spring 2019, then again this week. These are the best-worn pair of these that I've seen. Bonus points for 4-year place mat continuity.

IMG_1798.thumb.jpeg.15a90a7622f5ab8592dd26da5bf91d53.jpegIMG_2955.thumb.jpeg.c7a1fa31b22a1c7e9afd87f2bea154c4.jpegIMG_2957.thumb.jpeg.2f60ef373f1c9131bf31e878c05dc709.jpeg