Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

EDIT! @srudy and @AlientoyWorkmachine I'm so sorry- I just took a closer look and you're both completely right- this is indeed the Old North Cross Weave Indian Black jacket. :blush:

It's a really nice one, and as Alientoy says this photo looks a little darker than the garment in real life. At least I can say that it too comes up slimmer than the woad standard denim version, so should fit you ok Srudy. This fabric was particularly hard to sew into the tight angles of this jacket, so I don't expect to repeat it, and there were only 12 pieces made- great find! 

I'm so sorry for the mixup, I should have looked more closely before posting. As I said, :blush:

@rodeo bill Thank you for the details on both! I’d be fortunate to get either and have been looking for a 900. I am so excited either way! Should arrive today and I’ll give you all an update! 

@rodeo bill I've never seen that logwood dyed version - it looks great too. I know you did a release of the Woad ones last year which I missed out on, do you ever plan to make more 900's - other dyes or even just unborn? The one I've got has a long life ahead of it but I do love the pattern of that jacket.

3 hours ago, srudy said:

Alrighty, so here it is…

Tender Co type 900 x Old North size 4

im very happy with it. Took a chance on the sizing since I typically wear a 2 or 3 in tender but this works, especially with the side cinches pulled tight. 

81DEC1FD-7EBA-4B37-A940-F88E6B0C8BCB.jpeg

nice: that's the volume I'd like, with good sloppy shoulder: approx a 7 needed for me then ...

• 4 weeks later...

first pair of tender and i love it

type 136 19oz walnut

really unique and subtle brown hue. the cut was exactly what i was looking for to round out the collection. 

@rodeo bill was this garment dyed in the walnut? also can i expect a standard amount the stretch in the waist with these? I usually target washed waist measurements closer to 29 inches which put me between sizes. this size 2 with 15 inch flat waist fits exactly how i want but just curious on what to expect. my guess is that it will shrink back after washes? thanks for all your hard work!

250997FD-775A-45D2-A696-7624C2CEA561.jpeg

On 11/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, denimondenimondenim said:

first pair of tender and i love it

type 136 19oz walnut

really unique and subtle brown hue. the cut was exactly what i was looking for to round out the collection. 

@rodeo bill was this garment dyed in the walnut? also can i expect a standard amount the stretch in the waist with these? I usually target washed waist measurements closer to 29 inches which put me between sizes. this size 2 with 15 inch flat waist fits exactly how i want but just curious on what to expect. my guess is that it will shrink back after washes? thanks for all your hard work!

Thank you so much for this, I'm delighted you're enjoying your new jeans! Yes indeed the jeans are garment dyed in walnut, so as they fade you'll get some blue from the indigo weft yarn as well as a softening of the brown. And yes, these will stretch a bit- they've had a hot wash in the walnut dyeing process which shrinks them down fully, but they'll stretch out with some wear, and back in with washing. It's a very forgiving fabric :-)

1 hour ago, Fooleo said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWqkQIaIv7F/

Type 900 production just teased on IG, can't wait!

@rodeo bill  any chance we may be lucky enough to get the donegal blanket lining with this iteration? 

thanks for noticing! I've got a couple of nice options coming along for this, but not the donegal blanket lining I'm afraid, that was just for the 10 years production and I don't want to make those less special by repeating them. These will be very nice though, I promise! More soon

20 hours ago, heyson said:

i imagine wearing this the rest of my life

couldn't ask for more! Thank you so much- all looking great

@persco_

@rodeo bill gave these to me this week-these are post soak measurements 

Size 3
Shoulders: 19.5"
Chest: 24"
Sleeve length under arm: 21.5"
Full length: 27"

Size 4
Shoulders: 20.5"
Chest: 25"
Sleeve length under arm: 21.5"
Full length: 27.5”

Size 2
Shoulders: 18.5"
Chest: 23"
Sleeve length under arm: 21"
Full length: 26.5"

Edited by srudy

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, rodeo bill said:

yes :ph34r:

more soon!

As promised, following from some unlined, unborn denim 900 jackets here are a couple more options. This is the lined version, dyed with tan wattle. The liner is made from the same ecru heavy wool woven for tennis ball shells. It's extremely thick and quite stiff, with a lovely texture which will soften up with some wear. The folded fabric is too thick to sew buttons through, so the liner buttons are riveted jeans fly buttons:

1835846965_900LINEDTANWATTLEDENIMFRONT.thumb.jpg.2e73f7c2a7b8c5042d5f369ca6f178a9.jpg

1124983141_900LINEDTANWATTLEDENIMOPEN.thumb.jpg.b67c93b2e14ddfc9aa2564201e09524d.jpg

322307455_900LINEDTANWATTLEDENIMBACK.thumb.jpg.d259378b0b356107bd29a3b7189594f3.jpg

765050439_900LINEDTENNISBALLLINERINSIDEFRONT.thumb.jpg.f6d84e815babcabbb5ef7d61e03f2e0d.jpg

And here's an unlined version, dyed with Indian Black, which gives the inside of the denim a cool grey cast and leaves the outside almost black:

1844816170_900INDIANBLACKDENIMFRONT.thumb.jpg.e070cdb0b1ed209108709e550c8cd152.jpg

1657988222_900INDIANBLACKDENIMOPEN.thumb.jpg.da1d8b8c2dc7f5984fadbb675eadab5d.jpg

1890045459_900INDIANBLACKDENIMBACK.thumb.jpg.d4613a0963cbe77cbf7d4b6683411815.jpg

55 minutes ago, mpukas said:

The liner is removeable? 

I'm no expert, but I assume the liner is removable cause there's a photo of it without the jacket, the earlier versions has a removable liner and also the store site says it's removable.