Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Hey @julian-wolf thank you. For me it is a hard fix ha!

I was supposed to post some pictures and thoughts of them over a year ago, I think you had asked about them then. Sorry about that things got away from me.

I love them. They are aging very subtly which is great. I’m thinking about ordering a size up as I’d like them to fit a bit looser. I will put up some detail shots.

On 7/27/2021 at 1:07 AM, heyson said:

Hey @julian-wolf thank you. For me it is a hard fix ha!

I was supposed to post some pictures and thoughts of them over a year ago, I think you had asked about them then. Sorry about that things got away from me.

I love them. They are aging very subtly which is great. I’m thinking about ordering a size up as I’d like them to fit a bit looser. I will put up some detail shots.

Sorry to see this. Julian's right that it's fixable- a good local tailor should be able to put a patch behind the rip and then sew over it from the outside. 

I have a soft spot for Whooper, and I've really enjoyed my pairs. I've not got much stock left, though, and I have all that there is. Please just let me know if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Just a quick update on my 129 Woads after the second wash. About 2 years old probably 7-8 months of wear.

Looking good! thank you, and I'm really pleased you're enjoying the cut- slim but doesn't feel that way was exactly what I was going for! I'm wearing a pair of 129s at the moment, too, from Unborn:

DSCF4302.thumb.jpg.b717dde136db2ff9624635e9989d147c.jpg

DSCF4303.thumb.jpg.a5bcbee2846e25c977ff6a9caa92e654.jpgDSCF4304.thumb.jpg.cb455c0ca2982b1800d476f29b8bc68a.jpgDSCF4307.thumb.jpg.f58677c6dd15dbf552a40ffff3010488.jpg

These have been a useful learning experience for me. I always recommend washing jeans fairly regularly, and not wearing them too tight, but this is the first time I've really tested that advice personally. These are size 4, and fit nicely when they were raw. I worn them about 6 months on and off without a wash, them washed them and they got too tight for me. I've since lost a bit of weight and they've stretched out a bit too, to now fit really nicely, relatively slim. But I'm seeing the cotton thread wear through much more quickly than I've ever had with my jeans that I've washed more frequently. I'll do some small repairs on the parts that are going, and I'm enjoying the relatively contrasty fading that I've not had for ages, but I stick by my recommendation to err on the looser side and to wash reasonably frequently!

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

... so you'll be enjoying a wider hem?

... shortened to 30" / 76cm-ish inseam the hem is around 25cm / getting near to that 10" mark ...

[most similar leg / hem opening in other models I have is sugar cane '47 and vintage Oshkosh bibs: the comparatively smaller rise [front and back] on the 132 means it sits lower but has less bulk in the lap, as it were...]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Noting also the Bartle-esque exploration of combining the 132 and the type 1 forms <thumbs up emoji>

When I had some logwood 130s, I recall some chin-stroking on how best to pair... so it's good to see this ^^

Edited by MJF9

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the thread again... plus chatting it through with a few informed gents over a long span of time...

132X in woad just landed... taking a leaf out of @irual's book... Tender tux for a change and ftw :)

I tried a 3 and a 4 but the 3 fit better...  I can see myself wearing these beltless

20210109 Tender 132X 1.JPG

20210109 Tender 132X 2b.jpg

20210109 Tender 132X 3.jpg

20210109 Tender 132X 4.jpg

Edited by MJF9