Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

5 hours ago, Toegun said:

@Uchison and @JDelage if you have a moment, it would be great to see some evo pics and what sizes you went for. Thanks

I will try. My jacket is pretty beat up but really comfy. Let me figure out how to post pics and I’ll take a few snapshots with the iPhone. So no way near as nice as William’s pics

@JDelage wow that was a lot bigger then I expected for a size 3, has it been soaked\washed? I was thinking of going for a size 4 or 5, now I’m not so sure. With the amount of interest bubbling here, I think it will be sold out before they appear on the Tender stores website. :D:blink::ph34r:

Would anyone who has a size 4 or 5 from the original run of the Type 900 mind posting measurements? Interested in shoulders & sleeves, in particular

I generally wear a 4 in Tender shirts, but sleeve length is a common limiting factor; I’ve tried other jackets on in the past and found that a 5 has worked best, but it does seem like these may be cut wide…

3 hours ago, Toegun said:

With the amount of interest bubbling here, I think it will be sold out before they appear on the Tender stores website. :D:blink::ph34r:

Tender tux temptations abound...

Edited by MJF9

17 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Would anyone who has a size 4 or 5 from the original run of the Type 900 mind posting measurements? Interested in shoulders & sleeves, in particular

I generally wear a 4 in Tender shirts, but sleeve length is a common limiting factor; I’ve tried other jackets on in the past and found that a 5 has worked best, but it does seem like these may be cut wide…

I have a very early size 4. Even though it's a great jacket - it got lost when we were doing our house up and I've just rediscovered it so it's not even been washed!

Rough measurements  - 

Pit to Pit 67.5 CM / 26.5 inches (denim to denim, avoiding the liner

Top shoulder to cuff 61cm/24 inches

The liner will take a bit of slack off

I am generally a 5 in tender - 6 in certain styles or for an oversized fit.

Personally for a winter jacket I'd rather go a bit larger so wearing a thick jumper or similar remains possible.

^ Thanks much. Those measurements are with the jacket still rigid?

Really looking forward to this, but 24” pre-soak sleeves are pretty scary, even with the oversized shoulders…gonna have to poke through some old fit pics to get a better idea of how it’s likely to drape

Funny, I'm the reverse: I'd normally wear a size 2 in Tender shirts (with room to spare), but my 900 fits me fine in size 3... Go figure.

There might be small measurement differences from batch to batch. My size 3 has 24" sleeves (post wash).

Edited by JDelage

900 again while we're at it... all from Diaries...

Blog with some pics... https://diaries-shop.com/tender-co-(テンダー)のtype900-jacket

And measurements...

1.Shoulder width 49cm, sleeve length 65cm, length 74cm, chest circumference 116cm

2. Shoulder width 50cm, sleeve length 65cm, length 76cm, chest circumference 122cm

3. Shoulder width 52cm, sleeve length 66cm, length 77cm, chest circumference 128cm

4. Shoulder width 54cm, sleeve length 66cm, length 77cm, chest circumference 132cm

There are some errors due to manual measurement and individual differences.

After washing, it shrinks by about 6%.

8 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Thanks much. Those measurements are with the jacket still rigid?

Really looking forward to this, but 24” pre-soak sleeves are pretty scary, even with the oversized shoulders…gonna have to poke through some old fit pics to get a better idea of how it’s likely to drape

Mine is practically unworn so looks almost new but I'll try and get some pics up in the next few days - what I would say about the length of the sleeves is that if you look at many of the pictures of used jackets the arms often have cuffs like a pair of jeans. I think that's a great look and suits the style of the jacket. 

As mine is woad dyed I'd have thought most of the shrinkage was done compared to the "unborn" denim, but I couldn't be sure. It's a pretty heavy piece of kit in any event.