Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Anyone interested in a Butterfly Shirt in red-ochre-dyed airbag cambric, size 4? Picked it up a few years ago and it's a size too small, still unworn with all the tags and all that—really lovely shirt

Would be happy to sell or trade

Edited by julian-wolf

more monster posts :D

butterfly shirt, the one @julian-wolf has for sale, in ecru calico. the button is metal wrapped in fabric.

i7BD93n.jpg

nice subtle selvedge line

HyHSHp3.jpg

square tail shirt in woad linen, very cool (temp-wise) fabric, probably my most worn

hOZzgyo.jpg

EU1euZ2.jpg

i love the utilitarian pocket on this shirt. i believe it was inspired by a diy mod by a tender fan on this forum?

gVsR1vf.jpg

wallaby shirt in green khaki dyed cotton sateen

KTJv9F8.jpg

i love the british racing green buttons on this one

gU0Co16.jpg

verdigris-dyed tesseract shirt in ecru cotton lawn with indigo stripes

JMmvUwH.jpg

the verdigris dye is basically gone from the ecru fabric, but some are left on the buttons!

DS6ETYW.jpg

tender stuffs suit my aesthetic the most out of all the usual brands on this forum. 

Agreed, really envious of that linen square-tailed shirt—would be perfect for hiking in, and it's aged beautifully

Here are some photos of the Type 430 Butterfly shirt in red-ochre-dyed airbag cambric, size 4

Q9i4CMN.jpg

3X3HUIL.jpg

KJSJ9s3.jpg

SiGzXox.jpg

BX6shPu.jpg

TsaJvPy.jpg

im1K6Gr.jpg

RwjKDpR.jpg

zrtpDVR.jpg

The fabric's really nice and stretchy, but this size is too slim for me in the shoulders (works great everywhere else)

Also feat. Cane's and Birks

20 hours ago, JDelage said:

It's similar, but not quite the same. Oomslokop's is type 429, and the new 493 is a based on it. The main difference (asides from new fabrics and buttons) is that the 429 (and the long sleeve 422) has a simple shoulder seam and the 493 (and long sleeve 492) have an overlapping double shoulder, which looks like a dress shirt yoke from a distance, but is actually the front and the back panels sewn together with a wide double section between the stitch lines. The fabric in your link (indigo chambray tote cloth) is a little heavier than Ooms's shirt, but still a lovely mid-weight. It's a true indigo chambray, woven with the same indigo warp yarn as in Tender jeans denim, so it will fade and wear in beautifully. Here's a closeup:

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.4819031b01defc4e7c2db2f0d18f4ffe.JPG

@julian-wolf, that's a lovely shirt- there were just a few made for Oi Polloi, I think. I hope it goes to a good home!

Awesome page... loving the updates gents...

Here's my hook buckle belt in tan from Feb 2012

Ageing superbly, nice and supple... the tan has tanned really nicely (it's due a little cream)... and the brass just gets better...

William's innovative buckle is a real winner for me

20200918 Tender belt 1.JPG

20200918 Tender belt 2.JPG

20200918 Tender belt 3.jpg

20200918 Tender belt 4.jpg

On 9/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, rodeo bill said:

It's similar, but not quite the same. Oomslokop's is type 429, and the new 493 is a based on it. The main difference (asides from new fabrics and buttons) is that the 429 (and the long sleeve 422) has a simple shoulder seam and the 493 (and long sleeve 492) have an overlapping double shoulder, which looks like a dress shirt yoke from a distance, but is actually the front and the back panels sewn together with a wide double section between the stitch lines. The fabric in your link (indigo chambray tote cloth) is a little heavier than Ooms's shirt, but still a lovely mid-weight. It's a true indigo chambray, woven with the same indigo warp yarn as in Tender jeans denim, so it will fade and wear in beautifully. Here's a closeup:

IMG_1654.thumb.JPG.4819031b01defc4e7c2db2f0d18f4ffe.JPG

@rodeo bill Any chance you still have any size 2 in this fabric lying around?

• 2 weeks later...

Had some fun yesterday dyeing with brazilwood and turmeric

o3HpxQy.jpg

5OrR7pg.jpg

YrpnLtq.jpg

e7lho1r.jpg

9C4rrL4.jpg

The color on the turmeric pair is pretty true (they're just a touch redder than shown), but capturing the color of the brazilwood pair was very difficult; they're redder and warmer than what's shown, closer to a sort of light peach

Also pictured: some of a fresh batch of masks, raw silk, not yet strung & finished

I may start a masks thread—seems funny that no one has, yet, now that I think about it

Edited by julian-wolf

Hoping this is an okay thread for posting others of William's projects besides Tender (writing that, I realize Whopper and GS/TP have both come up in the past, but I guess I never thought much about it)

Got the Rap Promoter cardigan, from this last run of Pop Punch sweaters, in just last week, and thought I might post some photos even though it's still in more or less new condition, just since not many seem to be floating around yet

5rVnhqz.jpg

8Lfyvnw.jpg

fIhfZGg.jpg

ehbPlKW.jpg

yIjBGJo.jpg

4jzl6Sk.jpg

UzhiZIz.jpg

Really happy with it so far; I was worried that the sleeves might be too short for me (this being the case for many main-line Tender offerings), but they're just about perfect, as is the fit through the body. The knit is pretty tight and has done me fine sitting out on my balcony into the night. Not much else to say about it, so far, besides that it's just as pretty in person as in the photos—the depth of color is really something else, in the reddish yarns in particular

I just saw the new season has appeared on the website! Love the pictures! Tell us more!! In particular, is the type 900 jacket exactly the same as the original or are there any changes? Also, will we possibly see the coat version as well [915 was it?]?

17 hours ago, Nei.Nor said:

I just saw the new season has appeared on the website! Love the pictures! Tell us more!!

Thank you! I'm delighted you like the look of the new things. The photos were taken on medium format film with vaseline around the edges of a skylight filter over the lens- I really like the flare and smudginess this gives the pictures.

1.thumb.jpg.7b5b5a4c6f478e1074b8d6233b740a1a.jpg2.thumb.jpg.1d96c364b2f62b24aca0dd99ace70b7b.jpg4.thumb.jpg.f2ab23394ef5863348f01743e9c76053.jpg3.thumb.jpg.3aa7edd704d40f58692720fa19c99875.jpg5.thumb.jpg.86323ff14b16850437d424d8b3245f76.jpg6.thumb.jpg.06e06e2539610249d324801feeeb77a7.jpg7.thumb.jpg.e3fe54ceeec729465e834bf3e11a91ac.jpg9.thumb.jpg.3f0a59b6012cfea3ed8d260bd39305db.jpg10.thumb.jpg.a1aa88b09b3ee914172f3256a94124ce.jpg

The shirts are made from Welsh flannels, cut very large and then hot washed, so that they shrink to size (still quite generous) and get a great thickness and softness, while still wearing surprisingly light. There are two styles- a WS420 Tail shirt, and a WS412 Pullover Shirt, with a half-length placket. The buttons are white melamine, and the seams are overlocked and topstitched in white thread, which gives a really nice utilitarian contrast to the fabrics, I think. There's a very nice Weaver's Stock lined jacket coming in the next couple of weeks, more of this once I have it.

17 hours ago, Nei.Nor said:

In particular, is the type 900 jacket exactly the same as the original or are there any changes? Also, will we possibly see the coat version as well [915 was it?]?

The jackets (and jeans) in these photos are a mix of my own jeans from the first season, 10 years ago(!) and the new one. The 900 Jacket is pretty much exactly the same as the original, with a couple of small updates which I think make it even nicer (I appreciate this sounds ominous, but the new ones really are something special). The liners are being sewn at the moment, and I hope to have jackets in stock in the next couple of weeks.

Autumn/Winter 2020 was planned pre-pandemic, but it's turned out rather timely, I think. The idea was to do a couple of long-awaited reissues to celebrate ten years, and then some understated Weaver's Stock garments using really lovely fabrics. I'm hoping to continue to bring out some more reissues and special short runs over the coming months. I don't have a 990 coat at the moment (915 was the short jacket with half-moon pocket facings), but I'd certainly like to come back to it at some point. I think I only made about twelve of those first time round, and it's just the kind that I think would be really nice to revisit, now that more people are interested! I'm in the very privileged position of still working with the same machinists who made the originals of all these things, and the same weavers, so reissues really can be the same as the originals. More soon, but these shirts are on the Stores and delivering to retailers at the moment.

7 hours ago, Broark said:

The A/W 2020 photos look really nice Bill! The Weavers Stock flannel pullovers almost have a rugby shirt vibe to them.
Looking forward to the 900 jacket restock, what denims will it be available in?

thank you! and yes I really like rugby shirts. these are cut with straight sleeves and no cuff, so they have a definite sporty feel to them.

900 jackets will be in the standard 16oz selvage denim, the same as the first run, dyed with woad, and

2 hours ago, sensy said:

Oooh, when's that vest in the last photo gonna be available?

the vest is the removable liner for the jacket! as with the original model, but this has been upgraded a bit- it's really special. More info when garments are in stock!

IMG_9269.thumb.jpeg.843c5aa9668e2ba3c9dde7329978a90a.jpeg