Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

2 hours ago, erockisalive said:

Finally bit the bullet on my first pair of Tender jeans. Got the 130 in Rinsed denim molleton. 

Cannot wait to break them in and finally wear something other than gym shorts around the house while in lockdown. 

1483C60B-5905-4AA5-AE9A-4DB95EDBD856.jpeg

CB4886DA-3F26-490A-A0FC-CBEF3F98B863.jpeg

6E6A2368-FB7B-40B2-BEF8-FAD8764B3CD0.jpeg

CE3F6D28-8F90-4707-98A9-2DBED5352CB8.jpeg

Nice! I have the same ones, been wearing them more than any other pants I have while being stuck at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on if the Type 900 jacket will return this winter?
Looking back through this thread and there are some really nice worn examples, would love to have one of my own.

19 hours ago, Broark said:

Any word on if the Type 900 jacket will return this winter?
Looking back through this thread and there are some really nice worn examples, would love to have one of my own.

Thanks for this. That's the plan! My factory's only just opened back up after coronavirus lockdown, and there's a lot of catching up to do, but I hope to have some back in stock in time for the winter. Watch this space (or instagram)

Just noticing the mechanical GS/TP watches up on Stores—how long have these been around for? Anyone have experience with them? Last I checked, I remember everything being quartz

^

Pretty sure it's been around since the inception of GS/TP , released at the same time as the quartz version.

IMG_20200523_112756.thumb.jpg.468e8986c6ff8c748dc80521dcb0c682.jpg

IMG_20200523_112935.thumb.jpg.cc9b0602de6618a6847db4ec6ed9db2f.jpg

I had this for about ~2 years now, the thickness does not bother me.

There are scratches on the domed glass, normal with use. Functionality still normal.

I am def not watch guy so this is good enough for me now.

• 5 weeks later...

Took a (very incomplete) photo of some socks to send to a friend—figured I might as well share

dRAEcUZ.jpg

From top to bottom:

black wool / walnut cotton

indigo wool

logwood (I think?) alpaca 

safflower wool

Indian black wool

eucalyptus mohair

woad alpaca

red okra mohair

With a new pair of sunglasses + watch in as well, this has got me thinking about taking a full family photo next time the light's appropriate

Happy to—was planning to do the same for the round-top glasses, so maybe I'll try to lump them together next time lighting and motivation coalesce

In the meantime, some quick impressions: I've been wearing the watch every day for around a month, and so far it's been serving me well. When I've tested it it's seemed to hold a wind for a little under a full day, which seems to be shorter than some, but I like to wind it twice (before I put it on in the morning and after I take it off at night) either way, so this isn't a limiting factor to me at all. It's been consistently gaining around 12–15 seconds a day, which seems to be within the expected margin. My one complaint, so far, is that the hands continue to move when the crown is pulled out; because of this, precisely setting the seconds is only possible when the spring has run down fully, and is a bit of a dance.

I mostly bought the watch watch for the design of the case, and that's where it's really continued to shine. First, 28 mm is a great size; it's never too loud (especially given the dark coloring) and it never feels like it's getting in the way. I was worried, based on some of the photos, that the case might end up being uncomfortably thick / deep, but I think that the apparent thickness was just an illusion resulting from its small diameter: in practice, it doesn't feel any thicker than other mechanical watches that I've worn, even with the NATO strap. The crystal is lensed beautifully near the edges; it reads flat from above but has great distortion once you hit around a 30° incidence, and for me that's the perfect cherry on top.

I just saw some of the new season stuff is slowly making its way onto the website - looks awesome! Love the look book!

@redragon, William will correct me, but I think the crystal is acrylic (not sapphire), so a bit of toothpaste should get rid of any light scratches. Just apply a little bit and rub it with a clean cloth.

Edited by Nei.Nor

10 hours ago, Nei.Nor said:

@redragon, William will correct me, but I think the crystal is acrylic (not sapphire), so a bit of toothpaste should get rid of any light scratches. Just apply a little bit and rub it with a clean cloth.

Thanks very much for this @Nei.Nor, and @redragon. The crystals are mineral, not acrylic. The first very few watches had old stock acrylic but there were some problems with smudging on the insides, which didn't look good. I've not had any scratching on mine (both my GS/TP watches have mineral crystals), but I've heard that toothpaste does also work on mineral crystal, although you have to rub a bit harder. I believe it's easier if you let the toothpaste dry out a little bit before you rub it, to reduce the amount of water and increase the abrasiveness.

Type 473 Sack Shirt. Here's the first SS20 shirt to start coming through, and I think it's a really nice one. I started thinking about pleats in the back to give extra body to the shirt without dropping the shoulders, and then I thought it'd be nice to put something into the shoulder itself. There's a nurse's uniform at the Fashion Museum in Bath which has big pleats into the back of the shoulders, and big side pockets. I played around with it a bit and added matching front pleats, so that the shirt has very full fronts as well as backs, but hangs normally from fitted shoulders. Here's a diagram:

1716935760_Screenshot2020-07-09at09_24_49.thumb.png.0abb69fbe9e6eff05bb3fcd99d74243d.png

This is the rinsed ecru cotton Tote Cloth which I have in stock on the Stores now. The fabric is woven in the UK and is a base fabric for tote bags. The buttons are pressed solid aluminium, also custom made in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 4:03 AM, julian-wolf said:

Hey @rodeo bill, any info on the henna-dyed cotton–linen handkerchief check fabric used for the Type 492?

Thanks for this! Sure- it's a lovely cloth. Handkerchief check is a lightweight ecru cotton twill, with a very widely spaced check of indigo dyed cotton (in the warp) and natural brown linen (in the weft). The idea comes from weaving handkerchiefs with decorative borders- the check is large enough that individual squares could be cut out and hemmed as individual handkerchiefs.

The henna dye is very subtle on cotton (it gives a stronger colour on wool) but it's a really lovely soft yellowish-green tone which really brings the fabric to life. Here are some photos:

IMG_1187.thumb.jpeg.c7e9b6a568fd77b1ee7e55eba6bc7a68.jpegIMG_1186.thumb.jpeg.aaee2c89070d1aa9cadcff480076beea.jpegIMG_1153.thumb.jpeg.e59cf4838deee17e2c4392ebd878e9b6.jpegIMG_1174.thumb.jpeg.b9431a3bc1e60cd7a9587a793386edf7.jpeg

Hey Tender co friends,

I bought this watch about 8 months ago and never got around to wearing it. I wanted to pass this on and sell it. Maybe worn 3 times and is more or less new. I'm not the type to scrutinize for micro scratches but I don't see any overt scratches.I have a Perlon strap that was provided to me that will be included. All box/peripherals included.

MSRP 330 USD, will let go for 275 shipped in the USA.

Please email directly at molinaj[at]gmail.com (I rarely check super future)

IMG_4684.jpeg

IMG_4687.jpeg

IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4686.jpeg

I'd just like to give some public thanks to @rodeo bill for his above and beyond customer support. I've had some unlucky issues with a pair of shoes, and he mailed me a replacement pair before even giving me the return address for the old ones.

So again, thank you so much for the help. I'm personally an extremely anxious person and felt like shit for complaining, so the fact that you've been so nice and helpful made me feel much better about myself.

Edited by sensy

^^ I'll second this. He's amazing to deal with. I bought a few things from William's shop a few weeks ago, including a couple of belts and a pair of eyeglasses, and had a few questions. He replied quickly and patiently to my queries. The service was outstanding. I'm waiting now (impatiently) for him to get some jeans back in stock!

thank you so much guys! I really appreciate the kind words, and I'm always very happy to help. @persco_ (and others), I'm so sorry for the lack of jeans stock. Covid lockdowns have really hit my production schedule, and I'm trying to catch up on seasonal orders for stockists before doing restocks of jeans and other things. I am getting there, though, and I'm hoping to have jeans restocked by the end of the year. Please email me (if you haven't already) with what style and size you're after so that I can get back to you when I have something available.

In the meantime, here's another diagram, for the type 492 Bench Shirt:

1137366138_Screenshot2020-09-12at07_09_08.thumb.png.e956398d126d0947c2e6d95e40ec3493.png

132d(river's pockets) in heavy canvas. this was a gift from @bartlebyyphonics and is one of my fave pants. pre-pandemic lockdown i used to wear it till it's andrew wk-dirty. 

vZumwqS.jpg

MM3hImm.jpg

KVkkwCD.jpg

KQONaAR.jpg

6n76a3L.jpg

this was hemmed at rivet & hide london using threads from the 3sixteen shadow selvedge jeans. canvas so heavy r&h's union special had some trouble staying on course and munched bits of it. i like the result. (this is on the outside of the pants.)

OFleW37.jpg

Edited by oomslokop