Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

4 hours ago, oomslokop said:

i love the back yoke fades on the backpockets the most. they're unique.

indeed indeed

the nearest I have seen to it is from the epic archival pictures buler is providing on denimbro in the workwear research section; this one here has the back pocket actually touching the yoke, but still not crossing over... (from c.1938 as I remember)

[but i am no expert, merely n00b lurkeer]

001a.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^ Ha! not so much for me—my pair is the same as oomslokop's, but I'm guessing I'm a bit taller and I, uh, fill them out nicely, shall we say.

On a side note, glad to see oomslokop bringing Volleys back—like mullets, they will totally be a thing!

Also, hands down coolest family unit ever; I've long thought, but never mentioned.

Edited by mondo

• 2 weeks later...

enjoying the irony of updating the wear of an entirely white garment

a 132d in ecru canvas

but update I must with my own love for concrete abstraction

the odd sign of a belt

but also the emergence of puckers and crinkles as the garment's becoming

outside of the world of dramatic fades vs vintage fades (the flavour of some earlier dwc debates)

or circumnavigating questions of minimalism or the extreme reduction of palette

to think of the neutral as that which baffles paradigms.

I invoke Francois Jullien's book, 'In Praise of Blandness: Proceeding from Chinese Thought and Aesthetics'

wherein he states (apropos of the notion of dan

"Blandness: that phase when flavours no longer stand in opposition to each other but, rather, abide within plenitude" 

or his citation of Laozi: "Music and things most delectable / stop the passerby in his tracks. / When it passes through [that is 'comes out of'] the mouth, / the Dao is insipid and flavourless; / it cannot be perceived, / it cannot be heard, / but it is inexhaustible" 

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

004a.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Hello, I'm just starting my Tender denim experience with a pair of 132X that I soaked twice and now fit snug in the waist. Thanks to William for his patient replies to my repetitive emails about sizing, they are sooo comfortable. Love 'em!

ZKtGKDSqGJX2esjl66R9lXPkJ-4pXI2facM-xPCGqd6CU8UxRSFUApokLsRvSHaemkrdbD9BTI3_P0N_

aFy5NTUO6bAp4vmwVPjFzdI96GhfQoLXTE9i8nhqCzHbr8Km4RYMfyOZjkf3xVw-Bw6r-lyDkzMdoHHq

6 hours ago, dau said:

no, you did not B)

Yeah I've just been told the same on another forum and again I can see the photos when I use my laptop but not on my phone or iPad, they've disappeared! I'll have to find another way of getting the photos up.

Why not just use the upload form instead of linking to files hosted elsewhere? Seems like you can't just hotlink to pics hosted in Google Photos or maybe you didn't set permissions right. Anyways, just uploading to the forum directly is bulletproof.

1 hour ago, Cucoo said:

Why not just use the upload form instead of linking to files hosted elsewhere? Seems like you can't just hotlink to pics hosted in Google Photos or maybe you didn't set permissions right. Anyways, just uploading to the forum directly is bulletproof.

Thanks, Cucoo

CA5A0385.thumb.JPG.f938763d9bb945dbd57a54be7e9dfe58.JPGCA5A0388.thumb.jpg.2ff85a1d84aa864b95967ead9b8b7e29.jpgCA5A0640.thumb.JPG.c114e7e2e3504ae96d588dc94f1cad1d.JPGthumbnail_IMG_0489.jpg.d0e3574dbd1dafe596bf0dbe6ebd5a51.jpg

Edited by Toegun

On 1/22/2017 at 3:07 PM, chicote said:

Several hours later... voila!

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

excuse my messy room and messy stitching. but it's done, except for attaching the belt loops. Really like how the jeans fit now, much more accommodating, though the obvious dip down by the button is something I might try and remediate in the future. anyway, that's all, thanks for looking!

Im pretty far back in this thread.. but Ive suddenly got a weird  Tender itch that I might need to scratch.

What fit is this Chicote?

That's the 128—straight leg from the thigh down, matching square front and back pockets, relatively low (but probably mid) rise. I've stopped wearing them in favour of the 129s, mostly because the rise is a bit higher and I like the cut of the legs more (slightly looser thighs, slimmer leg opening). If you ever want to try out either pair let me know!

1 hour ago, chicote said:

That's the 128—straight leg from the thigh down, matching square front and back pockets, relatively low (but probably mid) rise. I've stopped wearing them in favour of the 129s, mostly because the rise is a bit higher and I like the cut of the legs more (slightly looser thighs, slimmer leg opening). If you ever want to try out either pair let me know!

I would absolutely love to try them!

for slimmer-legged dooders, like chicote and me i suppose, the 129 cut is golden. if it feels loose on you, go take a photo, always looks much slimmer, more flattering than you think or how it may initially feel on your legs (especially if you're used to tighter cuts). like a good suit.

Been following Tender thread for a while now, and finally decided to jump in. William's post last year about his new Molleton denim had me interested and then oomslokop's posts on it sold it to me. I first emailed William back in May, and he's been very friendly and helpful.

Molleton denim really is something else. It feels insanely soft and kinda wooly to the touch. I've seen people comment on certain jeans being like sweatpants. Well these are probably the closest to sweatpants you will get to with denim jeans.

I really like the copper dome rivets and the solid brass top button. The straight cut front pockets are cool too.

Another note on the denim is that it already has different hues of indigo throughout (see pic below), which I guess is from the molleton process?

IMG_20171101_224811.jpg

The fit is tight in the hips, but definitely feel it will loosen up with wear. Otherwise a great fit for me.

IMG_20171101_224217.jpg

IMG_20171101_224302.jpg

Also, pulling my jeans out of a sturdy box felt good, similar to the feeling you get when you pull brand new boots/shoes out of the shoe box. Weird little thing.

Edited by Niro

looking good Niro & Toegun! Fits look great.

18 hours ago, JDelage said:

@Niro - Now you need a Tender belt...  :-)

of course no pressure to anyone :-) but funny you should mention belts- I did want to put up some photos of my own new striped U buckle belt:

IMG_3880.thumb.jpg.b16e59235506194e4b66a0a99cab4118.jpgIMG_3882.thumb.jpg.4ed8124296626eb846379fa54f5bce7d.jpgIMG_3884.thumb.jpg.62ab88de3039fdb0331c55038ad0174e.jpg

this buckle is available on plain natural oak bark leather and on plain black stained, but my belt is the striped version. The stain for plain black leather is brushed on by hand, so for these striped belts I had the stain brushed onto the hide in stripes:

59fc609477bb9_ScreenShot2017-11-03at12_26_26pm.thumb.png.60e16c26c4294f1c066c010343262613.png59fc609f3b431_ScreenShot2017-11-03at12_26_14pm.thumb.png.a6214c24d65db81197b3f594a6b6171e.png

here's the fininshed skin:

59fc60aa1e92e_ScreenShot2017-11-03at12_25_33pm.thumb.png.511344e4f9cb67e9b9218879214d1dca.png

as the belt ages the unstained stripes darken, and I'm hoping that eventually they'll barely be visible at all. I'll put up more photos over time...

I know it's probably buried somewhere in this thread (can't seem to find it with google search), but how do you remove the label on the back? Simple as just cutting if off with scissors?