Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Shirts, pants, jackets, whatever.  I have been on the search now for a while.  If you have anything you are willing to part with, let me know.  BlackBlue, what do you have?  Have a site where I can take a look?

I'm looking for sizing advice on a few pieces:

type 353 t shirt - this one is not dyed and thus labeled "shrink to fit" . How slim is it? Would I be able to get away with sizing up in order to get a slightly less slim fit?

"ticking tail shirt" - I'm sure a size 4 is going to be too large for me, it's the only size left at an outstanding price. I'm only checking here to be absolutely positive I won't fit it.

Does anyone have a photograph with the canvas tote bag? I believe it's the type 005. I'm looking for something to hold my books while I'm on campus - don't want too large, don't want too small.

Cheers!

I've wanted some Tender Co. Denim for ever and I finally treated myself to a pair of the LOT. 130 Woad Dyed Jeans.

The details and cut are awesome... I love everything about this brand, inspirational William!

b9facj.jpg

2vigw39.jpg

Thanks clawbytes, this is the abandoned prison just above where I live. People walk their dogs here now and there is a very weird community garden in some ruined buildings... sort of place hippies come to play bongo drums on a full moon.

Are there any aprons still kicking around? the twill ones.

Thanks for this. Twill aprons were only done as a special for The Taste Makers, in Tokyo. I don't have any in stock at the moment, but I've been meaning to put some more through at some point- please email me if you'd like me to get back to you with something in due course.

I'm looking for sizing advice on a few pieces:

type 353 t shirt - this one is not dyed and thus labeled "shrink to fit" . How slim is it? Would I be able to get away with sizing up in order to get a slightly less slim fit?

"ticking tail shirt" - I'm sure a size 4 is going to be too large for me, it's the only size left at an outstanding price. I'm only checking here to be absolutely positive I won't fit it.

Does anyone have a photograph with the canvas tote bag? I believe it's the type 005. I'm looking for something to hold my books while I'm on campus - don't want too large, don't want too small.

Cheers!

Sorry to be so slow getting back to you! Hope things are still available:

type 353- all the Tshirts are the same widths, so if you've tried any others they'll all wind up the same. It's quite forgiving fabric, so you could certainly wear a size up. I tend to wear size 4, but I have a few size 3s (sample size) which are a bit tight but not obscene, and size 5 doesn't look silly on me. If in doubt I'd say size up one. They'll shrink quite a bit with the first wash (any dyed Ts have already been shrunk)

Where are you seeing a ticking tail shirt? depending on the fabric and season (various fabrics have been referred to as tickings by different shops) they've been cut smaller or larger. This style looks nice oversize, though, if that's of any hep.

Canvas tote bags measure 16" x 19", or the ticking stripe ones on the Trestle Shop are 16.5" x 21".

Hope this all helps! Let me know if you need anything else

I've wanted some Tender Co. Denim for ever and I finally treated myself to a pair of the LOT. 130 Woad Dyed Jeans.

The details and cut are awesome... I love everything about this brand, inspirational William!

2vigw39.jpg

Thank you so much Hemi! These look great on you. Beautiful photos too. 

^that is a great price! I'm afraid it'll be pretty big on you, though. Totally up to you, but that style/fabric fits bigger than your chlorophyll shirt, and it's graded up 4" from a size 2 to a size 4 as well. If you're up for an oversized shirt you should go for it- that fabric made up really nicely. Sorry if this doesn't help much!

^thank you! Show us some photos :)

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last couple of weeks- this is my busiest time of year, getting production out for the new Spring/Summer items, as well as showing prototypes of next Autumn/Winter to shops. More to come soon. 

In the mean time, here are some brilliant photos from a very good friend of the brand, Marc. Here are his parents on a rooftop in Puerto Vallarta, each in a Type 301 Ecru Undershirt:

15734061613_0646971cc4.jpg 16167821049_01bb160c2e.jpg

looks great FAM, thank you! Lovely red clouds, too.

I'm just back from a crazy busy trade show in New York. Good reactions all round, so in due course some things should be appearing in some really great new shops. I didn't get photos of everyone who came by wearing Tender, but here are a few.

Mr Sato, of Shop7 in Tokyo, in a logwood molleton overcoat:

16371589535_1c36e81219_c.jpg

Jeremy, of Standard & Strange, Oakland, in woad 130s:

15749148834_a9dd644800_c.jpg

Joey, ex-of Context, Madison, and now at East Dane, in a denim Guard's jacket:

15751600283_d5044d5a9d_c.jpg

Peter, at Meadow in Malmö, Sweden, with his own Trestle Shop wallet next to a brand new one:

16185369779_78db331a54_c.jpg

James, of Up There, Melbourne, in a wool-cotton bias bound scarf:

16185712267_a1d8bdd52c_c.jpg

Vicken, of Hickoree's, in 130 logwood:

15751603263_6b9bf4718c_c.jpg

The inimitable Emil, of The Hill-Side and Hickoree's, in a striped-sleeve ecru Butterfly shirt:

16345615006_6097ae4153_c.jpg

Edited by rodeo bill

awesome! seems like people who spend a lot of time with a lot of really cool stuff can't help but recognize how awesome tender really is.

^that's really kind! It is extremely flattering how many people at trade shows etc do wear Tender- they have access to such a lot of really great clothing, but I do feel like I see a lot my things. It's a great vote of confidence in the brand!

Another nice fit pic went up with a great review on tiny pieces of awesome of the logwood molleton dart shoulder jacket:

16192556709_43f69582dc_o.png

and a couple of hanger shots. Beautiful background scenery!

16192895867_459d000fee_o.png

16192895747_64491383f2_o.png

Just picked up this lambswool sweater, to go along with my various other Tender bits & bobs:

IMG_3648_zpsvyouo7an.jpeg

IMG_3085_zpse5g5wlzm.jpeg

...and I guess I now have a new favorite jumper.

Also, as I manage a Tender stockist, I just got the chance to look over the FW15 linesheet to make our buy for the season and, I have to tell you all - whilst I'll leave it to William to show & tell when the time's right - it's pretty fucking stellar. There's a lot of size 4s in that seasonal buy that will never see the shopfloor, because they'll be coming home with me.

Edited by Strange Standards

Nice!  Just copped on sale as well! Would prefer to support my local Oakland shops but thanks

...appreciate it, man. We actually ploughed through our Tender inventory really quickly this season, so have very little left at this point, aside from a few tee shirts and a couple pairs of denims.

DSCF9471_zpsni1w7gqr.jpg

Woad dyed butterfly shirt with striped sleeves - probably could have gone down to a 3 in this one, to be honest. Also, my morning ritual here at the shop:

DSCF9470_zpsd99uq7e6.jpg

Here are a few snaps of my small Tender haul.

I have to say that I was pretty impressed with Mutiny's packaging. Little things like this tend to go unnoticed, but I always try to give props when shops put in this sort of care.

DSC_0029%202.jpg

DSC_0062%202.jpg

DSC_0144%202.jpg

DSC_0104%202.jpg

DSC_0128%202.jpg

1dff12f3-1416-4ff8-b92c-e3fa6ab0ebcf.jpg

Of course, I'm excited about everything. The shirt has a great feel to it. A nice dense fabric, quite rigid and incredibly interesting. Really liking the fit of it as well. This is a 3 (a size up from my long sleeve) and it worked out really well with the short sleeves. The canvas tote is a very heavy weight and the perfect size. The tag reads "rinsed"... does this mean that I'll be able to wash it without having to worry about shrinkage? I haven't had a chance to use the beeswax yet, but I will soon enough. I'll share a few photos then as well.

Cheers.

Edited by whozdrew?

Yippee!  I got the Logwood Molleton Dart Shoulder Jacket today from the Unionmade sale.  It is even more beautiful in person.  I can't believe how comfortable it is.  I want to live, sleep in it!  Pictures to come soon.  Also, I picked up a couple more pairs of socks, the logwood and the woad ones.  Great socks.  The woad ones made my feet quite blue after wearing them two days.  I am guessing a soak will help with the crocking.  Yes, William?

@rodeo bill

Hi,

What inseam would you reccomend if i'm 174cm tall and ideally have a fit similar to @hemi with minimal to no stacking and a clean double cuff!

ps. will the 130s shrink any further with a hot wash

many thanks!

Edited by Sigur Rós

Drew, the shirt looks great on you! Thank you very much for posting. Yes, the shirt's already been washed, so it won't shrink with normal washing and drying. The fabric will soften up with future washes, especially with tumble drying, but it'll only improve.

Srudy, I'm delighted your parcel arrived from Unionmade! The woad socks do give off quite a bit of blue for the first few wears- I've recently treated myself to a new pair and reminded myself of this. After a couple of washes it'll stop, and you won't lose any visible blue in the socks themselves (that'll happen over a longer stretch). A soak will help a bit, but if you want to get rid of the excess before wearing them again I'd wash them (separately or with other blue/indigo items) a couple of times.

Rós, I'm delighted you're interested in a pair of jeans! Thank you. There's only one inseam, which will be plenty long enough for you. Unborn (raw) it's about 39", but this shrinks down to around 37" if you get them rinsed or dyed (Hemi's are woad dyed). I say around because the exact measurement depends on the temperature of the dye, so it varies slightly batch-to-batch, but they're all cut to be plenty long enough for a double cuff. I hope that makes sense- please just ask (here or by email) if you have any more questions

Edited by rodeo bill

Today I'm sending a watch back to a very good customer and great friend of the brand who returned it for a crystal replacement. This was one of the very first watches made (in fact I think it might be the first after my own one), so it was nice to see it again. The strap's aged really beautifully. With kind permission, here it is:

15779403374_b42954f1ed_c.jpg

16400123581_0317bf5208_c.jpg