Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Hi guys, I am very interested in getting a pair of Tender Co. Denim. I will be visiting London(pretty much central, near Son of Stag area) next month.

Wondering where I can get a pair of this http://denimdebate.c...30-initial-fit/ (I understand that this was a sample, looking for the same sort of dye) . I've checked Goodhood but the dye seems different. http://goodhoodstore...age=51&id=1981.

Edited by adrianghaust

^thanks very much! I haven't delivered the new production (s/s12) just yet, but it should be in in time for your trip. Goodhood will have those jeans in, so you're in luck! You should also check out Number 6 (next door to Son of a Stag)- they'll also be stocking Tender as of Feb or so, although they didn't order those particular jeans this time. Hope that helps

^thanks very much! I haven't delivered the new production (s/s12) just yet, but it should be in in time for your trip. Goodhood will have those jeans in, so you're in luck! You should also check out Number 6 (next door to Son of a Stag)- they'll also be stocking Tender as of Feb or so, although they didn't order those particular jeans this time. Hope that helps

Thanks alot of the info! Can't wait to get my hands on a pair :)

Hi William,

I was told at the end of last year that you'll soon have some stock in Peggs & Son in Brighton. Great Addition to a very good shop!

What items will they be getting from you. Im keen to actually have a look at your pieces in person.

Thanks

thanks for this interest! Peggs & Son is a lovely shop, yes I'm really proud they'll be stocking my stuff. They've ordered quite a few things actually- some jeans, Ts, jackets, shirts, and accessories so you should be able to get a good feel for the range. Peggs should be getting their delivery in around the end of Jan.

Hope this helps

Hi William,

I was told at the end of last year that you'll soon have some stock in Peggs & Son in Brighton. Great Addition to a very good shop!

What items will they be getting from you. Im keen to actually have a look at your pieces in person.

Thanks

Cheers man,

I really like it, competely different from any other I have had.

it looks shorter in the pic than real life as my little boy is taking the pic knee height.

I probably best take the wash label off though.

Starting to appear in shops round about now are the first few pieces from SS12. There's a new belt buckle, of which more later, but I also did a new buckle treatment....

I met a stove enameller. This is where he works:

6683441473_f51f7f07c5_z.jpg

6683432531_c363ff20be_z.jpg

And here's the man himself!

6683427679_5c49c1e783_z.jpg

The main work this guy does is enamelling bike frames, for restoration and custom jobs. First he sprays the prepared metal with paints he mixes himself:

6683414077_437735c4e9_z.jpg

Then he bakes them in an oven, resprays, and bakes them again, creating a smooth hard finish:

6683423411_90c1b706a5_z.jpg

For me he enamelled Tender x The Hill-Side woggles,

6683407151_58e72bbe1f_z.jpg

and buckles, which are coming around now. Here a few images:

2101-1.jpg

2100.jpg

2099-1.jpg

The enamel's hard, but not all that tough, so with a bit of wear it'll start to chip, showing through to the raw lost wax-cast brass underneath, which I think will look really nice!

Edited by rodeo bill

great thread! love the process documentation and pictures.

anyway, I'm looking to purchase the 375 logwood dyed henley, I think @groooveholmes posted his fit. Need info on sizing - I'm wear S in EG and WWM, typically wear pit to pit of around 20".

Which size should I get? Thanks in advance...

This is the third day of wearing my Tender belt, and I noticed this crack, is there any reason to worry?

30tt409.jpg

fz66gm.jpg

edit: Resized pics.

This very same happened to me as well. Was probably after 1 week wearing it. A little worried at this time. Any advice? I'll post a pic if anybody wants me to...

i'd be interested to here about this too, i was thinking of getting a tender belt next but the cracking doesn't seem quite right to me.. is it because the leather is so thick maybe?

I'm sure its not terminal.

thanks for bringing this up, and uchison I'm very sorry this has happened.

As kimi says, it's down to the thickness of the leather- the outer surface has to stretch further than the inner surface when the belt's worn. This cracking has never happened on any of my own belts, and I've only heard about the instance in the photo above, from a while back, and now you, so it's uncommon. It shouldn't actually affect the strength of the belt, so it's only a cosmetic thing, but still it shouldn't happen. You could oil the belt to increase the flexibility. In my opinion as it ages it will become less and less of an issue as the whole thing darkens and patinates, and it will actually become a nice part of the texture, but as I say I'm sorry it's happened and you could get in touch with the store where you bought it if it's not how you like.

Hi William, thanks for your reply!

Well lucky me the crack is at my left side more or less under the belt loop. So as long as it doesn't change the strength, I'm not bringing it back. Bought it at the red wing shop in Amsterdam and they don't have another one in stock.

It's my third Tender belt (2 hook version, one tan and one logwood dyed).

This is one, with the crack, is by far the thickest one of the trio. Not sure I want to oil it because I don't want to spoil the aging. Or will it not interfere with it?

Hi William, thanks for your reply!

Well lucky me the crack is at my left side more or less under the belt loop. So as long as it doesn't change the strength, I'm not bringing it back. Bought it at the red wing shop in Amsterdam and they don't have another one in stock.

It's my third Tender belt (2 hook version, one tan and one logwood dyed).

This is one, with the crack, is by far the thickest one of the trio. Not sure I want to oil it because I don't want to spoil the aging. Or will it not interfere with it?

great stuff! That makes sense that this is the thickest of your belts- as I don't have the hide thinned down there are different thicknesses in different belts, and the thicker it is the further the outer grain has to stretch. I'm sure it won't be a problem in the long term though. Thanks very much for the support, I'm delighted you have so many of my belts!

jelmer, very good to hear back on your story, and the belt looks beautiful- you've clearly given it quite a bit of wear! My own belt that's of about that stage is now on the wall of a store in Kyoto :rolleyes: but I'm working on a new one....