ROY_SE_DUCK_04.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_07.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_08.jpgROY_SE_DUCK_09.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_11.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_012.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_013.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_014.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_015.jpg

How would you access the pocket on the pocketbag? Wouldn't it look like you're reaching down towards your crotch?

I was waiting for this to come up.. the inside pocket isn't really something to question, it's Roy's way of hiding a pocket bag that he didn't want to include on the outside of the pant. It's more of a design element, and if you really want to use it it'd be a great "stash" pocket.

kiya, why is the Sz 30 in the new ROY ducks so huge?? Even after shrinkage, I`ll be swimming in those. I have purchased W31 from SelfEdge before and they were not flattering on me. These ROY ducks Sz 30 will shrink down to a W 31.5 and will stretch back out to a W32 which makes them unwearable by many SuFu`ers. As the owner of two pair of ROY denim-Nihon & narrows in Sz 30, I can safely say that ROY stuff stretches AT LEAST an inch if not more. I`m certain that my ROYs are a W30 now if not more, after frequent wear, post initial hot wash & tumble dry. With ROYs, they're eventually gonna fit sizewise exactly like they fit brand new...but better/not as stiff.

And, the bright side is..I just saved $340. I already own a pair of Sz 30 IH ducks which are super nice but I like ROY stuff better.

And, the bright side is..I just saved $340. I already own a pair of Sz 30 IH ducks which are super nice but I like ROY stuff better.

I agree that the fit and look of these is more preferable than that of the IH Duck loggers--at least based on the flics I've seen. However, you didn't have to deal with sizing restrictions. You decided that you wanted a pair, bingo bango, they were yours--and in a timely fashion to boot, no doubt.

I'm sure that these will do extremely well and that the outcry for more will inevitably induce another run at some point, so I'm not going to fret too much. I can't wait to see people around here wearing them.

Now I have no idea if these will fit. I recently came into possession of a pair of SG 2105 in size 29 whose waist is supposed to--according to kiya--measure 30.5. I can't even get these things half way up my ass. No doubt, with some work over the next month, I'll make them fit, but it has me wondering if the 30 in the Roy Ducks might work.

Now I have no idea if these will fit. I recently came into possession of a pair of SG 2105 in size 29 whose waist is supposed to--according to kiya--measure 30.5. I can't even get these things half way up my ass. No doubt, with some work over the next month, I'll make them fit, but it has me wondering if the 30 in the Roy Ducks might work.

In my opinion, go TTS with ROYs. Sz 30s are a tad loose on me after frequent wear but that's how I like them. When I got them fresh, they were a little snug for my tastes. Shrunk em up, they're even snugger. Now they're back to where they were pre-hot-soak when I first got em, even bigger. IMHO, the ROYs turn out just right if you go TTS...not too tight, not too loose.

In my opinion, go TTS with ROYs. Sz 30s are a tad loose on me after frequent wear but that's how I like them. When I got them fresh, they were a little snug for my tastes. Shrunk em up, they're even snugger. Now they're back to where they were pre-hot-soak when I first got em, even bigger. IMHO, the ROYs turn out just right if you go TTS...not too tight, not too loose.

So, regardless of whether SE's measurements have them measured as 32", I should be able to make ROY's size 30 work?

So, regardless of whether SE's measurements have them measured as 32", I should be able to make ROY's size 30 work?

In this case, go with the ROY Sz 30 only if your True Waist is 32. Looks like you`ve lost out though cuz every size is SOLD OUT.

the more I think about it the better I like the idea that these aren't in the traditional straight leg. We have plenty of ducks in that style and it will be new to see ducks cut in this slimmer fit. Can't wait to see them around town.

I sure love my Roy nihon. His stitching is razor sharp.