rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

Funny I've had their site up eyeing their knits lately. I really like the looks of some of stuff that both Cottle and them do - and the knits aren't as insane as the denim prices. But it's still nothing to sneeze at. The sort of thing maybe I buy one piece of a brand every few years or something. I wonder if they focus more on jeans and therefore some more affordable options. 

I think Buaisou's specialty is garment dyeing. It's going to be interesting what they do. I have a tee shirt and a bandana from them.

great find @shredwin_206. Very cool to see the potential new home of Roy's machines. Still makes me sad every time I open my closet... I'm not familiar w/ Baisou, but I have been following their IG. $3K for their 810 jeans? No thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Wondering if one of Buaisou’s new projects might include limited runs of products made by Roy as a special “guest appearance”. His machines are one thing, but it’s his handiwork that people will queue up to buy.

Imagine new ranges of jackets, knits, maybe gloves, scarves and caps...and the prices those would command.

Edited by cause4pause

I saw these, what a shame. :angry2:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, goodrain said:

what are those? Fake ROYs?

Looks like a really bad attempt at tapering to me.
Probably RS/N01s.

Edited by Broark

shame, shame, shame

I dunno, that’s about as un-destructive as it gets, as far as that sort of altercation goes

Plenty easy to widen them back out and re-hem…

Yeah the fat selvedge is ugly but this is the best case scenario for someone who wants it and get the original cut as long as the tailor didnt do anything weird further up the leg. 

I've had RCFG slightly taper a few pairs for me - RJB, IH - and they do it on the inside seam only. They've all come out perfect. No matter what the cut is, there's some manner of taper from the crotch to hem, and it's all done at the inside seam. 

^ That would be the correct way to do it, but it would also be a lot less reversible—from a secondhand market perspective, this seems pretty preferable

^Good spot Broark, size 32 in fact. They’re practically brand new with a 31” chainstitched hem. Someone should buy them now for $150!

Missed them!

I feel like a deserve a commission based on how quickly those sold. :D

Yikes, those canvas ones are my exact size too. Glad they don’t ship to Australia, or I’m really gonna struggle with that wallet.

Sorry for the shameless plug but I figured people on here would be interested. I decided to sell a pair of Roy Indigolover jeans that I had bought from another user a while back. I only worn them once, and it was a tight fit. Hearing how much Roy's tend to shrink, I figured it would never really be comfortable in the waist for me. Feel free to message me about any questions, it's currently priced higher just because it's on grailed.

On the same topic, I have some OOE's, PBJ's, and SC on there :) 

Posted (edited)

SOLD thank you

PXL_20210531_210317184.jpg

Edited by goodrain

anyone considering letting go a pair of straight 36's please PM me

Started at $100, already up to $500.
What's the over/under, $1250?

oh DAYUM!!! My size... 

Fun!

Crazy money...

Not sure why you guys will  get 20 pairs of jeans at $300 a pop, 20 workshirts at $200 a pop, 10 jackets, etc, but $1000 is all of the sudden out of budget and crazy money

I dunno, call me crazy but $1k for three jackets somehow feels like a better deal than $1k for one jacket