rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

I will always really admire Roy’s meticulous and uncompromising approach to his work, and always thought the way he chose to live his life seemed really beautiful to me; a man working in harmony with so many ancient and delicate machines. He will surely always rank among the best of the small number of craftspeople who still choose to work in this tradition.

Agree @nick682 his last creation -- the RT -- fit me to perfection also.  Was hoping for more of those!  

I still have a near brand new pair of R01s that he made right after the memorials and are the same fit. Doubt I’d ever sell. To honor Roy when I finally wear them I will go by the instructions he gives you. Lol I believe 9 months no wash. 

1B7AC3C8-B1B3-4AD2-ACA8-2281CDA402E5.jpeg

Edited by breakingfad

A sad day, but can’t say we didn’t see it coming. Seems more poignant as I approach the likely end of a big chapter of my life. Thank you Roy.

Sad day indeed. I'm really sad to see him get out, but I get it. We knew this day would come. I have three pairs of his jeans: RT1002 that I've worn a bit, which are a little too tight now; Indigo Lover's in Black Seed, and the last batch of RT's in XX Barn Denim - both with tags and unwashed. Not sure if I'll wash and wear them, or keep them for collection nostalgia. Prolly will never sell. 

Now I wish I held on to that last pair of LeRoy's I sold that were too small, I could have gotten a lot more for them now... :o

Perhaps Roy secretly made a final farewell batch that he’ll release for sale in the future?

A possible solution, does anyone know of a billionaire Bitcoin denim head? I will sell my original Leroys for 1mil, donate 90% of the proceeds to Roy under 1 condition.

Roy has to buy a small shop ( outside of the Bay Area) and make jeans 2-3 times a year.

Sad news, but not unexpected

Very glad, now, to have stashed away those two extra pairs of Leroy’s in future-proof sizes…

7 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

Be ready for prices on Roy items to skyrocket. 
nah any deals now while you can ha

Yeah, it's gonna be "fun" trying to get a pair of Roy now. I got in late on the game. It's a shame to read that Roy is moving on. I'd be curious to see the results of his next project though. 

If he pays it the same obsessive level of detail and quality, the results are gonna be insane. 

put an offer on those “all ducks” that were relisted on grailed, looks like someone got to them right under my nose! shoot! 

anyone else offloading some size 30 ducks??

JC7e0kD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I recently acquired this pair. Any details on them? They're a beautiful pair and are in great condition. A little bit slimmer than I like, but I'll still probably wear them.

14 hours ago, nick682 said:

JC7e0kD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I recently acquired this pair. Any details on them? They're a beautiful pair and are in great condition. A little bit slimmer than I like, but I'll still probably wear them.

That should be the duck-1 from around 2012/2013

1 hour ago, youngofthesoonest said:

That should be the duck-1 from around 2012/2013

Thanks! 

Anyone have a pair of those engineer / foreman pants from a while back (don’t remember exactly what they were called)? Cut like slacks, made from I think a similar fabric to the All Ducks? Was always really interested in those, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a pair “in the wild”

Posted (edited)

cTiFRzf_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

These were listed earlier today. Figured I'd share here since they're so cheap.

Edited by nick682

@nick682 can't see your photo. What are they?

The listing says Roy original 34x33 one of the early Self Edge batches. Pretty decent shape for $75 shipped.

16 minutes ago, nick682 said:

The listing says Roy original 34x33 one of the early Self Edge batches. Pretty decent shape for $75 shipped.

Can you please link the actual listing? Says not worn down anywhere but the knee looks pretty worn.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, goodrain said:

Can you please link the actual listing? Says not worn down anywhere but the knee looks pretty worn.

I think it's a private group so that link may not work. The group is called "Men's workwear, denim and other clothing for sale" I can probably invite you if needed.

Edited by nick682

It doesn't work. If anyone is interested, dm Nick for an invite to the group

On 2/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, julian-wolf said:

Anyone have a pair of those engineer / foreman pants from a while back (don’t remember exactly what they were called)? Cut like slacks, made from I think a similar fabric to the All Ducks? Was always really interested in those, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a pair “in the wild”

The Foreman Chino, yeah I have a pair. I love them. The fit is great. The fabric has worn well. I posted some pics back last spring, I think.

@Jared_Lee, got a link? Searched around some and wasn't able to find any photos

Would really like to see how they've worn in

@julian-wolf, can't get any updated fabric shots as they're down at my partner's in Philadelphia, but here's a couple of the pics I posted last year and a couple I didn't.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

Those look great

It’s a long shot, but if anyone in the future sees this and has a pair in 33 or 34 that they’re open to parting with…

aidxUQl.jpg

r01 test lots size 32. Got these from @shredwin_206 right before the lockdown started. a little too snug if I put anything in my pockets nowadays

^^^LOLZ! I just saw the listing, too. Not my size. Will be interesting to see how much it goes for. The auction is already at the top of my price range.

Sounds like Roy found 2 more jackets. Wonder if he'll auction them?

It’s up to 520 now! This is exciting! It also happens to be my size too.