rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

@ecsong187I know its up to personal comfort, but I must say that those look really natural on you. Really flattering cut. Hope you can find a way to make them work in your wardrobe.

6 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

It’s lower rise than anything I’ve worn for years. Haha

Very unusual to see you wear that style - it works

Posted (edited)

@ecsong187 looking really good. I know what you mean about adapting to the lower rise - I have the same challenge. Your fit looks solid though. Always good to have a bit of variety.

Edited by MJF9

The SF01 fit just isn’t right for me. 
selling them. Message me if interested. 
34x29 

not asking $1k but not giving them away either. 
They’ve only been cold soaked once. 

damnit thats a nice shirt

@lophophora, Mine is losing indigo at about the same rate. I’ll post some barely faded pics when I get a chance. We can commiserate over our still new looking denim. Haha. 

30 minutes ago, eeejayaich said:

@lophophora, Mine is losing indigo at about the same rate. I’ll post some barely faded pics when I get a chance. We can commiserate over our still new looking denim. Haha. 

new-looking is right...slow evolution is rewarding when you’re watching other people but hard when it’s all up to you! it’s time i transition this from a “date night” shirt to something i wear all the time 

Posted (edited)

Lovely shirt, one that got away.  The denim looks great, loads of character waiting to come through.  Agree @lophophora some daily wear will sort that out... look forward to the updates and @eeejayaich's pics!  

Edited by MJF9

@ecsong187 I’ve got one, not sure how much wear it shows though. I can do an update on Roy collection sometime soon if anyone’s interested, I’ve got another addition on the way. :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Anyone got photos of a well worn Roy Baja? 
always mad I slept on it. 
@youngofthesoonest @Broark?

I actually sold mine. I realized that I very rarely wear lightweight short sleeve shirts other than t-shirts so I sold all but a handful. in hindsight, I wish I kept mine but I honestly wasn't wearing it all that much so it'd just be extra clutter in my already cluttered home. 

Posted (edited)

edit: saw this on DB in May 2016. Probably looks even better now.

27084928025_2b4612acfd_b.jpg

Edited by goodrain

My only issue with the Baja shirt is that I’m not crazy about the color red with my skin tone. Now that it’s summer I’m in the pool almost every weekend so I’ll get a little tan and it won’t accentuate how pink I might look at times. :D

@goodrain that photo is the one that made me so bummed I never bought it. 
I bet it looks so good now! 

wow, with some of these selling prices I might even consider selling my size 30 Peanut pants :laugh2:

I have the red baja, but mine isn't too heavily worn. I'll snap a pic or two of it soon though. I'm really glad I have it. Great shirt in the summer here.

Here's the new addition I hinted at recently, bought these from a guy on Grailed (he lurks here so he knows how much of a Roy collector I am) for a good price.
The patch is pretty fried as he washed/dried them twice, but it reminds me of the way Warehouse ages the patches on some of their Duck Digger jeans.
Wore them all day yesterday so the creases are already setting a bit. Happy to add them to the collection. :)
yaXJN0T.jpg
awMX3im.jpg
y1xHmTg.jpg
6i4M7bu.jpg
GJ3NZqU.jpg
EyGVAqF.jpg
zCIjoK3.jpg
kpUBWzW.jpg
YpX511s.jpg
nZzZ25I.jpg
G3FrpvJ.jpg

@Broark how's the fit on those? The fried patch works great I think, less bulky than the thick veg-tan-patches usually used

@Thanks_M8 I agree, the fried patch actually works well I think.
Fit feels similar to the last batch of R01's, but a little slimmer in the top block and leg opening but not by much.
Here are the measurements he had listed on the sales page.
Waist 17.75"
Front Rise 12.5"
Inseam 34.5"
Rear Rise 17"
Thigh 13"
Knee 9.5"
Leg Opening 9"

1 hour ago, Broark said:

@Thanks_M8 I agree, the fried patch actually works well I think.
Fit feels similar to the last batch of R01's, but a little slimmer in the top block and leg opening but not by much.
Here are the measurements he had listed on the sales page.
Waist 17.75"
Front Rise 12.5"
Inseam 34.5"
Rear Rise 17"
Thigh 13"
Knee 9.5"
Leg Opening 9"

Makes me want to soak my raw pair of indigo lovers. How does the black seed compare to standard Ooe denim after a soak. My OAO1 is size 34 and I got a pair of 32 in the indigo lover black seed. Those pocket bags look great. 

@Radiohead89 I'd say the Black Seed is a bit less forgiving than OA's denim overall.
I find that when I wash and dry my OA's they stretch out quickly and easily, with Black Seed they take a couple of wears to really give.

that is my experience as well -- the black seed is heavier and stretches eventually, but not like the OA's.  the Roy develops really nice deep creases and take on the wearers shape 

I like them much better as they age -- the fit isn't the most flattering at the beginning but become better and better and get very comfortable

Im just going to take an assumption that black seed is breathable good summer denim? I know the OA is super comfy during warmer weather. I love my OA and have been wearing a lot in the Florida heat but really tempted to give my indigo lovers a hot soak.

I love the black seed denim, but my Roy’s are some of my worst summer jeans as far as breathability goes

Definitely not the most comfortable summer denim, especially when new.
I find that when the Black Seed denim is broken in it's pretty comfortable for summer though.