rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

Wow they look great. It’s a custom Cone denim but not Black Seed correct? 

8 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Thanks... yeah that's the denim mate

19 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Same denim used on the 04’s if I recall correctly.

One beautifully worn pair of jeans, MJF9!

Beautiful @MJF9! cant remember did this model have hidden rivets on the back pockets? 

@ecsong187 cheers matey... yes they do, plus the back pockets are fully lined with duck

Wow. The SF May be the most detail packed pair yet! Haha 

Nice! 
Pre-soak fit has me a little concerned. I can give up a lot of length, but I hope not to lose much elsewhere. (Like I said, it’s been a long time since I’ve soaked raw denim.) 

75D57DC8-FFD6-4FE3-9718-6C2072ED0810.thumb.jpeg.15da6a69ee9033024d8cba7594e730ac.jpeg05FE40C5-98BB-4F09-830F-EB9491D768AA.thumb.jpeg.cdd022208032949ae84ae3610ed3c916.jpeg7EF81F14-E15F-43A0-8A37-A48FFCBB65B6.thumb.jpeg.9c66ab2da50042c59387c23ccb005f9e.jpeg

man those are so beautiful! dying for that very pair haha right size too, hopefully a good omen

Yeah the CB1 cut is pretty slim, the denim is pretty forgiving though. Edwin words can’t describe how jealous I am. Glad you found one.

@ecsong187 the big bro shirt loses indigo pretty quickly. Enjoy it in this state. With how hard you wear your clothes it might look like a chambray shirt in a month:laugh2:

@lefty pre soak fit is money. These might have to be one of those dry clean only pairs

@ecsong187 great fit... if you get bored of that shirt, I can find a home for it!

2 hours ago, lefty said:

Nice! 
Pre-soak fit has me a little concerned. I can give up a lot of length, but I hope not to lose much elsewhere. (Like I said, it’s been a long time since I’ve soaked raw denim.) 

75D57DC8-FFD6-4FE3-9718-6C2072ED0810.thumb.jpeg.15da6a69ee9033024d8cba7594e730ac.jpeg05FE40C5-98BB-4F09-830F-EB9491D768AA.thumb.jpeg.cdd022208032949ae84ae3610ed3c916.jpeg7EF81F14-E15F-43A0-8A37-A48FFCBB65B6.thumb.jpeg.9c66ab2da50042c59387c23ccb005f9e.jpeg

Awesome score. I love my big bros as summer jeans. I’m not sure I’d let those things touch water though.

anyone have any photos of their worn-in "Heavy Shirts?" try as I might, i've not seen dramatic results like the one on Roy's instagram. 

On 5/16/2020 at 6:03 PM, lophophora said:

anyone have any photos of their worn-in "Heavy Shirts?" try as I might, i've not seen dramatic results like the one on Roy's instagram. 

You’ll have to post some pics and let us decide how you are progressing. :D

@Broark that’s the pair I just bought ;) 

I’ve been talking with him for over a week. He finally listed them so I could buy. Haha 

Same seller as @lefty Big Bro pair 

Do you guys think its possible to stretch the waist back to raw measurement in the black seed?

Yes, pretty easily. 

thanks @Broark 

I wear 32 in the R01 usually but I think I'm going to order the Indigo Lovers in a 31. The raw waist looks good, and being that its a roomy fit I think I'll be okay everywhere else sizing down one.

No problem, you should be able to size down I think. The Black Seed does shrink a good bit the first few washes, but I’ve found it pretty forgiving overall. 

@heyson Myself and @Shorty Long both got size 33's IL, and the actual waist measurement for both of us is 33", which is about 1.3" smaller than SE lists. Just be aware that the Black Seed denim shrinks a LOT. One or even two washes/soaks isn't enough to get all the shrink out. I can't say if the waist will stretch back to original measurements. This cut is very roomy in the thighs. It's a high rise cut, meant to be worn above the hip bones, hence why I think the waist is smaller for this size when compared to other cuts.