rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

Thought I would give you guys first opportunity to get these if you want them...I have a pair of R01s size 32, unwashed,  unsoaked and original hem. I bought two pairs thinking Roy was not going to make the cut again. Then I picked up a par of the test lots. 300 +shipping. 

They will have shrink left...for the next couple of soaks/washes. 

I’m sure I’ll be getting a pair. :D

I assume since it’s for SE it’ll be a slimmer fit than the memorial cut he’s done the last few times 

I’m hoping for a slimmer or a taper cut. Would be interesting if it is a special denim as well. 

I think the most exciting aspect is that Roy might be using a denim that isn’t the Black Seed Cone he’s been using for awhile. Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff but I have four pairs with the same denim.

only the leftovers from the shop sale will be placed online; really hoping for a tapered fit

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I think the most exciting aspect is that Roy might be using a denim that isn’t the Black Seed Cone he’s been using for awhile. Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff but I have four pairs with the same denim.

How did you figure that might be the case? Or is it :ph34r: info?

Just guessing, I could be wrong about it!

if different denim + Kinda Special type of fit, I'll be doing my first ever denim camp-out outside of SELA.

Having several new pairs of Roy’s makes it difficult to justify a new pair. But... @goodrain I will virtually camp-out, crossing my fingers they don’t sell out in store. 

Where's all this info coming from? Don't see anything on either party's website…

edit: Instagram. Shoulda guessed.

Edited by julian-wolf

My big bros.  I picked these up from eBay in the summer and much of the wear is from the previous owner. I break them out every couple of weeks to add my  character to the denim. Loving these vintage fades!

7F845C8E-F4B3-4B1C-B7A4-960F9DB76F2A.jpeg

23A4F1B5-B01B-4A52-8551-25052BA1C363.jpeg

254F5FEA-0D0A-4D88-B8A4-FA225DF269BC.jpeg

Looks like we have a photo of the patch. My wallet is ready. :ph34r:

@elmcitizen same cut as the Memorial Jeans, room in the thigh and top block, very slight taper.
Wouldn't to call it a "straight taper" like a lot of brands do now because they're not that tapered at all. I think my 36 has a 9 in. hem or so.
Not sure if they'll be the exact same as the SE jeans despite the nomenclature, we'll see once we get photos and measurements.
I'm just hoping for a different denim, would love this cut in something different.
I've pretty much exclusively wearing my Memorial Jeans lately, the cut has grown on me a lot.

Wouldn't mind trying Roy but his selling model is absolutely maddening and his website feels like a gymnastics routine to find anything.  

Is it safe to assume nothing will make the online store? I can see people buying them all up in store quick. 

Hard telling, depends on the quantity produced.
I'm really hoping they make it online. Based on that photo of they patches he's making quite a few 33's.

If that is all the 33's I guess each store is getting 3 pairs in each size? Should definitely be some left

I think of the Memorial jeans as a 1955's cut. They're pretty close to the LVC 1955 and the IH 1955s. Perfect for me...

I'd love the same cut in a different denim. As much as I like them, I don't see the point of ordering the same cut in the same fabric just to get a different patch...