rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

He made a post saying he was releasing some jeans in the Memorial cut with Test Lot details sometime around this weekend.
I would say just keep your eyes peeled, they might pop up.

Yeah, I saw his post too but it seems he deleted it. He said they would go on sale on the 22nd. He previously told me sometime around the 20th-23rd. 

I do wonder if they are up for sale already, but with no more publicity, because I can click through to Paypal now whereas before I'm pretty sure this wasn't possible due to being sold out. I was just curious as I don't think I'm buying this time... guess we'll soon find out...

R01 test lot are up. Obviously no photos of the actual jeans are posted. 

The sales buttons don't work though...

Hmm they were live when I posted. 

I didn’t purchase but I definitely added my size to cart and went to PayPal for payment. 

Maybe it was a glitch or maybe they already sold out 

Could be that. In the past, he's sometimes copy/pasted code into his HTML and have active buttons before the official time, and then taken them down. Could be that too...

Double post. 

Edited by Broark

Roy made an Instagram post saying the jeans will go on sale tomorrow. 

Any info on what the details are generally like on his Test Lot jeans (besides the pockets)? Even given that posting photos is a no-go, there seems to be surprisingly little info floating around…

Been real tempted to jump on a pair of his jeans before the Black Seed fabric runs out, but a little scared to do so without knowing anything more about what I'm signing up for

Didn't love the details on the Memorial jeans, but would've been all over the Peanuts if I'd had the chance

From what I know it's really only the back side of the jeans...and some people have already posted pictures on IG so it's not so secret anymore :)

I'm very tempted to get these but I'm not sure I will grab a pair. I have the original Test Lot jeans and love them, probably my most worn Roy's.
I say this now, but wait until they come out and I'll probably have a pair on my way. :rolleyes:

Not live yet... I'm on the fence as to getting another pair... so, so many pairs I'd like to have including/in addition to Roy... 

Got a 34 incoming too...

Anyone remember what the cut of the original Test Lot was a few years ago?  Different than Memorial or these new jeans?

I copped a 32. It's Roy, had to. 2 sizes down from the Memorials I had. Hopefully this size will work. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Anyone remember what the cut of the original Test Lot was a few years ago?  Different than Memorial or these new jeans?

Different than the Memorial Jeans, a little more similar to the RS cuts. Slimmer in the thigh and lower rise with a straighter leg. 

12 minutes ago, Broark said:

Different than the Memorial Jeans, a little more similar to the RS cuts. Slimmer in the thigh and lower rise with a straighter leg. 

Thanks Broark.  You're saying the Memorial and this new offering are bigger in the thigh area, with higher rise, and wider or narrower down below?

Of course! And yes I would say there is more rise, thigh and seat room compared to the original Test Lot jeans and the Memorial has very slightly more taper. But the difference in taper is negligible, I find the Memeorial jeans fairly straight legged. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

He posted the measurements for the last Test lot/RS00 so you can compare to the current Peanut/Memorial/R01/test lot cut as well.

Thanks Broark and TheEscapist.  Roy has definitely tweaked the fit from KS to original Test Lot to Memorial/new Test Lot.  I have KS1001/1002 (very linear, pretty straight from top to bottom, trim through the hips, high rise) and original Test Lot (lower rise, a bit more room from knee down).  This new Test Lot looks comfortable -- roomier in top block and knee, with some taper down below.  Tempting, but too many jeans purchases this past year -- need to hire a jeans wearer ;-)

I love all of Roy's stuff, just wish he would do something in the lighter denim again. I'd love to get my hands on a 36 of the CB1-Big Bro jeans.

Yeah I’d love for a run of different denim Roy’s sometime soon. 

7 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

A secret. An obvious secret though

Oh wait, I get it then haha

I ended up getting a pair although—like most of people here—I don't need more jeans! Maybe it's the exam stress that's getting to me... Or I'll just tell myself that!

Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, looking forward to comparing them to the original Test Lot jeans. Curious to see what the patch looks like.