rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

^ I have to agree, ironheartfan123. An 18" shoulder on an XL shirt with a 24" chest? I guess each of us can find something we don't agree with but I can't see many XL wearers with shoulders that narrow, especially in a supposedly oversized shirt. I was looking forward to my first Roy shirt but sadly will not be able to make this one work.

i did note that he measures shoulders slightly different than i typically do...i normally go across the yoke on the back, but, given the construction of this shirt, it measures across the extreme top of the shirt from shoulder seam to seam.

i haven't done measurements to compare, but i can see where his shoulder measurements might come up slightly smaller than normal

There were people that said the same thing about the Baja shirt, as it came up with small shoulder measurements.

I have the shirt and have no issues with the shoulders, and I'm a fairly big guy. Doesn't feel constrictive at all.

Could just be the patterning and measurement method that Roy is using on his shirts, but I think it's a case where the measurements are possibly a bit misleading. I'll see when I get this one I guess.

^ ^^ Thanks guys, I'll wait to see what your measurements and fits are like and optomistically!! there will be an XL left if the fit works.

Would anyone be interested in trading Roy's Chambray Shirt (his first shirt) for the new Heavy Shirt?

The chambray has only been worn a few times and is in excellent condition.

size and measurements?

That would have been useful information.

It's a medium. It's unwashed.

Chest: 22

Length 28.75

Sleeve: 26.25

Shoulders 18.5

$385! + shipping. wasn't expecting it to be priced quite as high. as much as I love Roy going to have to pass - exchange rate means this one would work out almost £340 with the shipping, that's just to stratospheric for me right now. shame as it looks v. nice.

Edited by cool_hand

Got one XL on the way.  B)

$385! + shipping. wasn't expecting it to be priced quite as high. as much as I love Roy going to have to pass - exchange rate means this one would work out almost £340 with the shipping, that's just to stratospheric for me right now. shame as it looks v. nice.

cool_hand,

I was hoping for a bit lower price too, especially since Roy's jeans are a relative bargain.  But then my wife (bless her) says, "Don't you know that shirts are much harder to make than pants?"  I didn't know this, but she's no doubt right.

John

lookin forward to measurements and fit pics, Broark

cool_hand,

I was hoping for a bit lower price too, especially since Roy's jeans are a relative bargain.  But then my wife (bless her) says, "Don't you know that shirts are much harder to make than pants?"  I didn't know this, but she's no doubt right.

John

Yes I believe shirts are more work.

The price is not really that different to the previous denim shirt ($395) but since Brexit the exchange rate is just making it harder and harder to import from the US or anywhere else for that matter.

That's the price of a custom shirt.

I agree 385 is a lot. i guess it is a lot of work.

But it is a lot of coin. Need to think carefully about this one.

and there you go - well done Roy. congrats to those who bought it. hope to see some pics soon.

I agree 385 is a lot. i guess it is a lot of work.

But it is a lot of coin. Need to think carefully about this one.

I purchased all of Roy's previous shirts apart from the short sleeve; that includes the 1st shirt, the Portland Shirt and the previous Big Bro. They were all a fair price for a hand made shirt. Some here are missing the point though, exchange rates have a big impact on the cost of things, not just Roy's new shirt, everything now priced in $. This new Big Bro shirt worked out £100 more than the previous Big Bro (£340 vs. £240) - as great as this shirt would be at that price it didn't make sense.

Edited by cool_hand

^Agreed with Cool Hand here.

I also have the first chambray and the Big Bro shirt but the relative cost in gbp is noticeably higher this time round.

However, My loss is someone elses gain. Im looking forward to seeing how this shirt fits and wears for people.

Random thought of the day: I would love for Roy to make some black jeans.

Thinking it would be nice to have a pair of black jeans this year, and every pair I find there's something about them I don't quite like.

I know Roy would make a great pair.

Probably wouldn't happen but one can dream!

Skipped the shirt after seeing the price, too - for those who got them let's see some fit pics!

i haven't found a pair of black jeans i really like, i do like the black flathead denim but i've only seen that in the 4001 cut..does cone make black denim? i'm also interested to see a black pair of roys now

So I just got the shirt in, and it's really cloudy out so no photo dump today.

OGfV0uu.jpg

NUh9acp.jpg

But I did take a couple of quick fit pics, and I'm really impressed with this shirt. Also wearing my Test Lot 00 jeans from Roy.

As you'd expect from Roy, all the stitching and details are done meticulously. The buttons are amazing and the denim is really nice. It's also got a great smell to it. 

Going to soak it now!

sQ36L11.jpgWdru1N3.jpg

Edited by Broark

Looks good, Broark, should fit perfectly post soak!

What a wonderful looking shirt!  Would love to see what Roy can do with his interpretation of a western denim shirt.

Thanks guys, I just got home from work and slipped it on. Fits pretty much perfectly. Will get some fit pics and post soak measurements up soon.

I also now understand why Roy specifically pointed out that the shirt in the fit pics online had been soaked and ironed. The denim is super crinkly after a soak.

Wearing the new Roy shirt as intended: over a sweatshirt!

IMG_9204.JPG