supertalk6
rnrswitch

Roy. (expurgated edition)

^  I've never owed a pair of Strike Golds so can't comment, but I've had the opposite experience where there wasn't enough difference between the front and back rises (or the back rise was simply too low).  For example, the 3Sixteen+ 21BSP has beautiful 18 oz. denim with a decent front rise but the back rise was uncomfortably low for my body type.  I was constantly hitching up the back of my pants.  Maybe there's a reason my high school friends (way back when) used to call me 'cannonball ass'  ;-)

My Test Lot 00's size 32 front and back rises were true to Roy's size chart raw and after 3 warm soaks they measure 10.75 front and 15.75 back. That can give you an idea of how they shrink.

I had the same issue as mpukas, too tight in hips and thighs with room everywhere else. That was on the KS1001.

This post rang home for me

I have a virtually new pair of the KS AND ever time I try them on I love them, but then worry about the hips.....and I'm slim....

Anyone with experience with the black seed denim know how much or If any stretch can be expected in the waist and hips....trying to see if I should cut my losses ....Mine are a 34....and I need to be closer to 36 rather then 35

Thanks

^ kbuzz, KS1001 and KS1002 denim stretches less than other pairs (e.g., Warehouse, Samurai, Fullcount).  Mine are also a little trim through the hips for real comfort but I keep them because they look great -- very linear.  As my mom said to my nephew years ago who told her he wears his pants very low for comfort -- 'Sometimes it's ok to be a little uncomfortable' ;-)

^ kbuzz, KS1001 and KS1002 denim stretches less than other pairs (e.g., Warehouse, Samurai, Fullcount).  Mine are also a little trim through the hips for real comfort but I keep them because they look great -- very linear.  As my mom said to my nephew years ago who told her he wears his pants very low for comfort -- 'Sometimes it's ok to be a little uncomfortable' ;-)

Thanks for the inspiration!!! I'd hate to sell em...just putting your hands in the back pockets is a joyful experience .....

Can anyone who ordered from the test lot comment on some of the details compared to the current run? Did he end up using the Big Bro patch instead of the "Going Places" one? Are there some other detailsâ„¢ that might have influenced his request to limit photos being uploaded? 

I apologize for the shameless plug but as per above I reluctantly put my KS 1002's up for sale on Reddit

Middle age is creeping up on me and the waistline...

Edited by kbuzz

I apologize for the shameless plug but as per above I reluctantly put my KS 1002's up for sale on Reddit

What's that?

Sorry Reddit raw denim thread has a buy sell trade Also here on supermarket

KS 1002 from SENY
Tagged 34
Unhemmed
Worn once
One 15 minute cold soak

Asking $220 shipped in the usa.

Contact me if you want photos. thanks

Edited by kbuzz

Does anyone have pictures of a pair of faded RS2's?

All the ones in this thread seem to be dead.  :(

Thanks UkeNo! Nice jeans.

Edit: to quote the jeans on the next page.

RS2's

4oSiyqO.jpg
xDgvzf7.jpg

Edited by Broark

I almost won a pair of RS2's on eBay but I was at work and missed the winning bid.

I like the thick patches too.

Last think I need is another pair of jeans anyways!

By the by, I have a pair of RS04's size 31 that don't fit and have pretty limited wear on them. Trying to gauge interest before officially posting them for sale. If anyone is interested let me know. I'd make a helluva deal for sufu folks.

The thick patch is great. I think I prefer the undyed one on the rs3 onwards. The tanning on this has stained the denim considerably.

LKuufyT.jpg

Have to agree. Not sure if it's the denim or the end user but those look great. And yes different then what I have also on the web recently including roys site

Actually i just sold my ks pair and was going to get the new rs. But the wear photos on the site leave a bit to be desired. But that could be poor pics as well

Glad to hear I'm not the only one terribly impressed by the fades, even if the denim is custom just doesn't seem very unique to me

Well, I've had a fair few pairs of Roy's. And I do like the Black seed Denim from Cone a lot, but the Nihon Menpu is great. Just a bit irregular and streaky make it really interesting. The black seed has some nice vertical falling. That's why I've kept only 2 pairs; RS2 - Nihon Menpu and BB1002 Cone (custom/black seed)

Both very nice but the Cone is definitely a slower fader. I'll probably prefer that in 5yrs time when it's really faded in.

The Black Seed denim is a classic "well worth the wait" situation. All of Roy's jeans fade very slow for reasons of fabric and fit. They also benefit from very frequent washing, and do all sorts of crazy twisting and moving - exactly like actual vintage jeans. When they bloom, it's amazing, and the way they age is pretty special. But they definitely take a couple years to start looking good. I've, personally, found that slower fading jeans actually end up looking better in the end (for my tastes).

Looks like the RS02's were meant to be after all, guy who was selling them on eBay had the buyer back out so he PM'd me on another forum to see if I was still interested.

Psyched!

I don't know, I mean it's been like years since the cone denim has been around and I haven't seen any particularly beautiful examples. I used to want a pair of Roy's super bad but seeing these faded pairs has made me way less interested... I guess i'll just stick to the japanese stuff!

despite all the hype, you dont see many faded ROY samples.  Its like everyone who bought them tucked them away for safe keeping.  I really liked the RS04 denim.  Its very nice, almost like a Warehouse denim.  It certainly doesnt produce extreme contrasty fades.  At least the ones I have seen havent.  

If only he used a better denim that what he uses.