Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

The color of those new ducks look tasty.

The lighting was odd when i took those photographs for Instagram/Twitter, they don't look gray like that.  But they seem a bit less orange/bronze than the last run.

I'm assuming it was specifically made for him?

Yes and no.. a sanforized version of this fabric has been sold to others, the unsanforized run was done for Roy.

i am glad others are finding them as stubborn... i have worn mine a bunch and they still look brand new...  

thanks

Decided to try and take some photos of my KS1001's today.

Apologies for the crappy phone quality pictures, some of the colors are a little washed out.

It took me awhile to get used to the higher rise but I've grown to like it.

The denim is quite stubborn, doesn't age very quickly.  I've washed these a couple of times.

Going to keep wearing these, hope the hole in the top of the back pocket doesn't continue to grow.

Edited by aproy

I have to say that I think the two pairs of ROY's I now own have ruined me for other jeans. I was a bit of a skeptic, I have to admit but once actually getting to wear these pairs (RS04 and KS1002) it is amazing how well thought out they are in terms of cut and consequent fit. I have searched for a good pair of slimmish jeans both straight cut and with a bit of a taper and there is always something off. Not true with ROY's. They are made for actual human beings to wear.

I was a bit of a skeptic, I have to admit but once actually getting to wear these pairs (RS04 and KS1002) it is amazing how well thought out they are in terms of cut and consequent fit.

Welcome to the party.  I definitely had the same experience...I'm generally really skeptical of stuff that's hyped the way Roy's are.  A lot of the hype around Roy's come from things that are totally deserving of the excitement that they generate, but aren't the things that drive me to prefer one pair of jeans over another.  That said, my KS1001's would be my favorite jeans I've ever owned, even with significantly less impressive denim/details.  The fact that those things are exciting on their own makes them that much better. 

I can't say this enough (okay I've probably said it enough), but the special fit (SF01) Is absolutely the best fitting pair of pants/jeans I've ever owned.  The details just put it way way over the top in terms of how much I should rationally enjoy a pair of jeans.   I can't roll with the higher rise of his recent releases so I'll just keep repeating myself in hopes that Roy picks up on the vibes I'm sending his way.  Brriiiing baaack the speecial fit.

Is there any difference to the ones before (besides the leather tag)?

The previous ones were also unsanforized.

Different cut?

These are modeled after the Kinda Special cut, so they are a bit different I believe.

Having then in hand I can confirm they're fantastic. He really nails the sizing so well. Great fit.

Still gotta soak them bud!

These are, as they say "all duck" with all components made out of the same unsanforized duck including the front pockets and the inner lining of the rear pockets (so they're double layered duck on the back). I think the last version were triple stitched on the felled seams (these are double stitched), and had a hidden rivet on the crotch (these don't), and used a natural-color twill for the hand pockets and liner.

I went with the size 30, which SE measured at 32.5". If I measure my jeans SE style, they are usually about 31-31.5". BiG style, 32.5". So I'm hoping for 32.5" -> 31" -> 31.5 or so with stretch. I know that I can squeeze into (too small) pairs of raws that measure about 29-30" SE style, but really shouldn't. I'm just always nervous when I order something in the smallest size available, because I'm not really the smallest guy out there.

Edited by wdahab