Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Compliments to Roy on the KS1001 Kinda Special.  I'm wearing a pair of size 34's right now and enjoy how they're different from other jeans.  As much as I like the fit and rough texture of the Samurai S710XX, the toughness of Iron Heart (633/634/1955), the comfort of the Fullcount 1108XX, the Kinda Special really is special.  Given its details, clean and trim fit, and less slubby, smoother denim, this is a pair of jeans that can go anywhere.  While I love my Japanese jeans, they're essentially work wear remain in the closet if I need to wear a sport coat or dress up a bit.  The Roys, on the hand, look good with just about anything and are very versatile.  In addition, there's something very cool about wearing a pair of jeans made by one guy, in Oakland no less, my home town ;-)

So thanks to Roy Slaper, but also to Self Edge for carrying these.  I was in the San Francisco store the other day working with a great guy by the name of Young Lee.  I told Young that many jeans have a front or back rise that's just too low for my body type.  He brought out the Kinda Special and I knew within one minute of trying them on that my credit card would be taking an immediate hit.

John

Been wearing KS for 3 days now after presoak. The creases are settling in and the shrinkage are getting even again now. I noted the measurement before and after presoak and most of them shrink 2.5 to 3 centimeters as expected. The waist now fits perfectly (before soak was loose for me).

After presoak (45 min, around 70-80 deg c) I noticed that the patch wrinkled and the back pockets wrinkled too. I thought the back pockets were due too the reinforcements and they shrunk unevenly.

The construction is really impressive. clean and tidy. the front pockets can be accessed fairly easy for me unlike my S710XX..

I agree with John, when I see every part of the jeans, I know who made them be. Whenever I unbutton my jeans, i see the shellstitch and that always give me nice feeling..

I gave my KS1001's a gentle hot wash yesterday and after putting them on again today I feel like the leg significantly slimmed down, which is a good thing.

I completely agree with everything deluzion said above, all the little details on the jeans remind me who made them and that they're a true piece of craftsmanship.

I've worn my RS04s sparingly over the past year, probably accumulating 1 - 1.5 months of wear in that time, but whenever I put them on I don't want to take them off. They are  my best fitting and most flattering cut, and although I don't find the denim particularly interesting at first glance, there is a lot of subtle beauty that comes out after some close inspection.

14349678339_9a705634eb_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So when is the next Roy jeans coming?

Next release is July 19th.. KS1002.  Similar fit to the last released except a heavier denim.  The fabric is the Cone White Oak loom state fabric which Roy developed with Cone (from this video:

).  

I forgot how great this fabric is, it's fairly heavy feeling, far heavier than the stated weight.

Edited by kiya

That's the denim from the rs04?

It is.  I am beyond excited about it.

Sounds pretty awesome!

I'll try to post some pictures of my KS1001, been wearing them exclusively since I got them.

They get better and better everyday and the fit is spot on but the denim is fairly slow to fade so far.

It is.  I am beyond excited about it.

I've just consulted my Concise Oxford English Dictionary and beyond 'excited' is exciton: n. Physics - a mobile concentration of energy in a crystal formed by an excited electron and an associated hole(!)

Roy just updated his website and added a section featuring some comparative photos of the KS1002 raw and after a rinse and month of wear.  While this is obviously not a new concept to most of you reading here, I still always think it's really fun to see just how much fit, shape, and drape of a jean change between raw unsanforized and soaked/worn.  To highlight the versatility of the KS1000 cut, Roy did these photos in sizes 31 and 32, which I'd say translate to TTS and +1 for him.  I love this jean and I'm glad that Roy wanted to document this.

http://www.roydenim.com/machine-spotlight-2

I really want to get a pair but the last time I went to SELA to grab KS1001, I went right when they opened maybe a minute after they opened, and the size I wanted was already sold out. Don't know if I want to drive down to SE and take that chance again... should I take the chance...?

I really want to get a pair but the last time I went to SELA to grab KS1001, I went right when they opened maybe a minute after they opened, and the size I wanted was already sold out. Don't know if I want to drive down to SE and take that chance again... should I take the chance...?

We make sure that every store has ever size upon opening on a release day, if you get there right at noon you should be fine.

Cheeky Mention: - Roy RS1 size 32 for sale in Sig.

For sale due to being too small (My other roys are size 33&34)

Thanks

Thank you for hemming these too short for me...otherwise I would be very tempted.

Maybe Roy can do a re-release the Big Bro Shirt?

Personally I'd prefer to see a Chore coat or jacket of some sort...but then again I snagged a Big Bro shirt so maybe I am a jerk (:

^erase,

Im happy to try and re-imagine some more length if you like ;)

Or perhaps you might care to wear them 'cuffed-lots-of-break'?

Cheers

U.

I did have the thought yesterday that "Roy should really make some shorts" (I generally dream of Roy making all of my clothing)...uhoh bad thoughts...

Edited by erase

Im sure a jacket was in-the-works some time back as Kiya had one or samples?

Im sure Dkatz was supposed to get one as a RoyxCone comp prize too. He did get some duck pants in the end after posting pics of a sample jacket Roy sent.

Its all on here sometime in the past.

So....heres to hoping.

Edited by UkeNo