Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I’m confused by the pictures, Roy always talked about wanting to put the one back pocket on the opposite side for his pair that he wore ( so back pocket on the left side) The first set of pics when laid flat, it looks as if it’s on the right side- but the fit pics show it on the left hand side? Interesting to see the patina on the crotch rivet, that old closet of his might have a little moisture going on, you see this sort of thing when you find pants stored in boxes in someone’s garage.

11 minutes ago, Sansome1877 said:

I’m confused by the pictures, Roy always talked about wanting to put the one back pocket on the opposite side for his pair that he wore ( so back pocket on the left side) The first set of pics when laid flat, it looks as if it’s on the right side- but the fit pics show it on the left hand side? Interesting to see the patina on the crotch rivet, that old closet of his might have a little moisture going on, you see this sort of thing when you find pants stored in boxes in someone’s garage.

Sorry I can see how that's confusing. The fit pictures were done through a mirror, so those are all flipped.

The patina is definitely interesting, there is a lot of green on almost all the brass and copper, inside and out. There's so much that I wonder if he did that intentionally somehow, it really adds to the vintage look.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see those new Tilden jeans coming out that ROY helped him make. 
snap button closure and zipper fly. 
says 13.5oz cone mills 

@shredwin_206 I saw those. They also have that odd U-shaped belt loop. They're not for me, but happy to see Roy getting in there and contributing to jeans manufacturing in ways that are still fun for him.

I’m curious how they’ll sell since they don’t have the usual features that most denimheads require. 

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

I’m curious how they’ll sell since they don’t have the usual features that most denimheads require. 

Me too. Zippers and snap closures are anathema to lots of denim heads.

Roy posted an IG story saying that he sold his remaining denim stock to Tilden. That would include whatever black seed denim he had left, I suppose. Having a pair of jeans made with Roy’s White Oak Cone Mills denim might be selling point enough for some. 

@heyson, Roy said to contact Tilden directly. Not sure if that's via email or DM, but whatever's available I'm sure would be fine.

I actually don’t dislike them generally, but I don’t love the back pockets. Anything vaguely reminiscent of Lee is a hard no for me.

But really, fair price for the labor or not, these days after $225 or so the law of diminishing returns for me sets in fast and hard when it comes to jeans. I can maybe be pushed a little beyond that on occasion apparently, but not that far. 

I hope someone enjoys them, I’m sure they will. 

• 3 weeks later...