Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I have two pairs on ice that I picked up during the pandemic, Big Bro 1 and Kinda Special 2. Not sure when I will get to them. Since the pandemic and WFH I pretty much only wear pants with elastic waist bands now. But it's not like I need the money so I guess I will just keep them in case I go back to wearing jeans in the next 30-40 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not great mirror shot, but hopefully this gives some idea of the fit. Definitely slimmer and the white fabric is pretty gauzy. I’m 5’10” and 135 lbs, slim/athletic build. Went with a small which is what I take in all tshirts I can think of. It’s a 50/50 cotton poly blend, so hopefully no shrink, but it feels like it’ll stretch right back out too. With the TCB WW2 contest pair and their very high waist.

9FF3EA02-27B1-4E2C-9445-18E453BDBC06.jpeg

1 minute ago, goodrain said:

denim heads are cheap af, ask anyone who sells shit on Grailed

Super accurate, I just had a guy message me about an old jacket I have for sale that’s listed for 90 bucks. He said “bro can you please drop this to $40?” Yeah sure, after fees and shipping I’ll take the 25 dollar sale. :rolleyes:

Just now, Broark said:

Super accurate, I just had a guy message me about an old jacket I have for sale that’s listed for 90 bucks. He said “bro can you please drop this to $40?” Yeah sure, after fees and shipping I’ll take the 25 dollar sale. :rolleyes:

you have that discipline! I have no patience and usually just allow myself to get lowballed.

3 minutes ago, goodrain said:

you have that discipline! I have no patience and usually just allow myself to get lowballed.

Sooner or later the bigger fish will bite, just takes a little time sometimes. But in this situation (the Roy’s for almost a grand) I don’t think there’s a market for that. If I ever sold any of my pairs (which I don’t think I ever will) I would only list them for a small percentage over MSRP depending on the state of them. I think this is roughly a 300% markup.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, heyson said:

Beautiful @tewsday. How tight/loose of a fit are they on you?

Thanks @heyson. They honestly fit me perfect and is a relatively loose fit (what you’d expect from a R01 classic straight jean). They did shrink a bit from the washes/soaks, but nothing significant. I’ll be sure to post an updated fit pic when I get the chance. To get an idea, I posted a fit of me wearing them new a while a back (link below): 

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/98423-roy-expurgated-edition/?page=182

I see you also have the same pair. You’re making good progress on them. Keep wearing em hard

Edited by tewsday