Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

My first pair of Roy’s were the R01.  I was super disappointed after I soaked them because i thought that they were too roomy and I didn’t feel the fit looked good on me.  But after spending that kind of money I figured I needed to give them a shot. After a few months in them and another wash they became my favorite pair of jeans. They just seemed to mold and shape perfectly to me.  I’m sad that it’s gonna be tough to get another pair in the future.  My opinion is u should give them a shot u might be surprised how they turn out after some time.  Although, 31 is my size so if u decide to send them on dm me. Haha.

On a side note, would anyone be interested in buying a pair of what were listed on Grailed as: rare OG 2008, size 30, chainstitch hemmed to 30 by Self Edge. I bought them a few years ago, never fit into them, and left them at my parents house. The good news is that they're pretty clean/unworn, the bad news is that they might smell like my mom's cigarettes. Say the cigarette smell went away, what's the market price for a pair like that these days? 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:04 AM, Denimstoyevsky said:

On a side note, would anyone be interested in buying a pair of what were listed on Grailed as: rare OG 2008, size 30, chainstitch hemmed to 30 by Self Edge. I bought them a few years ago, never fit into them, and left them at my parents house. The good news is that they're pretty clean/unworn, the bad news is that they might smell like my mom's cigarettes. Say the cigarette smell went away, what's the market price for a pair like that these days? 

Why not wash them and then list them? 
no chance I’d buy them unwashed and/or smelling of cigarettes! Why would somebody be okay with that? 

^ Washing doesn’t always do a good job of getting rid of the smell of cigarettes, esp. when something’s been stored in a house where folks smoke indoors

Cigarettes are insidious as hell like that (& in general, but that’s a different story…)

Edited by julian-wolf

1 minute ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Washing doesn’t always do a good job of getting rid of the smell of cigarettes, esp. when something’s been stored in a house where folks smoke indoors

Cigarettes are insidious as hell like that (& in general, but that’s a different story…)

Not washing them is also a guaranteed way to not improve the odor too. 

I used to go to this boozer in Sheff, pre-smoking ban i never considered the smell, it just smelled like a boozer then after the smoking ban..once the smell of fags had dispersed.. it stinks of piss.

There must be an ongoing issue with the drainaige or something which was always masked by the smell of cigarette smoke.

...anyhow, if i do have a point here (which isn't very likely) i suppose it could be worse.

Yeah, it's an unfortunate story with those jeans. I stashed them at my parents' house in NY before I moved to Berlin, thinking I'd bring them over at some point. That never happened. Then my mother, who smokes, took over my old room as her new TV den/office. The jeans are in the closet and, as far as I know, the closet door is closed. But like @julian-wolf said, cigs are insidious and most likely have sneaked in. And yeah, @UkeNo, I would wash them if I tried to sell them – I get that no one wants to receive smoked-out jeans. But at the same time, those jeans are rare enough that perhaps someone out there would be willing to deal with the smell – or maybe a smoker wants to buy them. 

As for drainage issues, I don't know if that has to do more with England (the weather, I imagine, leaves the ground like a damp sponge), but don't all the best bars reek of piss?  

6 hours ago, cause4pause said:

@Denimstoyevskywhat are the OG 2008 jeans? Do you have any photos? Pity for them to go to waste. 

Here's a link to the Grailed listing: https://www.grailed.com/listings/4860923-roy-denim-slim-tapered-jeans 

Don't have any recent photos as the jeans are across the sea, but I'm sure they look exactly the same. I maybe wore them once (ass too fat). 

Edited by Denimstoyevsky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might consider letting go my size 30 Peanut pants; they are becoming a bit tight (or am I growing ever more around the waist); near mint condition

dm me if interested

• 3 weeks later...

Good on you @heyson. I hate selling jeans (so I rarely do...actually usually try to give them away if I know someone will appreciate it for what it is - it's also an incentive for restricted buying). They're meant to be worn - and worn, and thrashed even. Even if they're made by hand by one super skilled artisan. I understand the collector mentality and all but not really so much for denim. My rotation is pretty similar to yours currently (129s, 1003xx are two of my main 3).