Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I will always really admire Roy’s meticulous and uncompromising approach to his work, and always thought the way he chose to live his life seemed really beautiful to me; a man working in harmony with so many ancient and delicate machines. He will surely always rank among the best of the small number of craftspeople who still choose to work in this tradition.

I still have a near brand new pair of R01s that he made right after the memorials and are the same fit. Doubt I’d ever sell. To honor Roy when I finally wear them I will go by the instructions he gives you. Lol I believe 9 months no wash. 

1B7AC3C8-B1B3-4AD2-ACA8-2281CDA402E5.jpeg

Edited by breakingfad

Sad day indeed. I'm really sad to see him get out, but I get it. We knew this day would come. I have three pairs of his jeans: RT1002 that I've worn a bit, which are a little too tight now; Indigo Lover's in Black Seed, and the last batch of RT's in XX Barn Denim - both with tags and unwashed. Not sure if I'll wash and wear them, or keep them for collection nostalgia. Prolly will never sell. 

Now I wish I held on to that last pair of LeRoy's I sold that were too small, I could have gotten a lot more for them now... :o

7 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

Be ready for prices on Roy items to skyrocket. 
nah any deals now while you can ha

Yeah, it's gonna be "fun" trying to get a pair of Roy now. I got in late on the game. It's a shame to read that Roy is moving on. I'd be curious to see the results of his next project though. 

If he pays it the same obsessive level of detail and quality, the results are gonna be insane. 

put an offer on those “all ducks” that were relisted on grailed, looks like someone got to them right under my nose! shoot! 

anyone else offloading some size 30 ducks??

14 hours ago, nick682 said:

JC7e0kD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I recently acquired this pair. Any details on them? They're a beautiful pair and are in great condition. A little bit slimmer than I like, but I'll still probably wear them.

That should be the duck-1 from around 2012/2013

Anyone have a pair of those engineer / foreman pants from a while back (don’t remember exactly what they were called)? Cut like slacks, made from I think a similar fabric to the All Ducks? Was always really interested in those, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a pair “in the wild”

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nick682 said:

The listing says Roy original 34x33 one of the early Self Edge batches. Pretty decent shape for $75 shipped.

Can you please link the actual listing? Says not worn down anywhere but the knee looks pretty worn.

4 hours ago, goodrain said:

Can you please link the actual listing? Says not worn down anywhere but the knee looks pretty worn.

I think it's a private group so that link may not work. The group is called "Men's workwear, denim and other clothing for sale" I can probably invite you if needed.

Edited by nick682

On 2/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, julian-wolf said:

Anyone have a pair of those engineer / foreman pants from a while back (don’t remember exactly what they were called)? Cut like slacks, made from I think a similar fabric to the All Ducks? Was always really interested in those, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a pair “in the wild”

The Foreman Chino, yeah I have a pair. I love them. The fit is great. The fabric has worn well. I posted some pics back last spring, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s up to 520 now! This is exciting! It also happens to be my size too.