Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

do yall think Black Seed has all been used up?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbahvRnxu-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I think there was an opportunity to use this possibly never before used fabric and they took it. You never know, the slim fit may have been planned alongside of the previous special fabric fits and is just seeing a later release date based simply on the time required to get them sewed up.

I'm not sure if I'll get a pair or not... I have a pair of RT1002 in Black Seed, and it's a good cut for me. Just not sure I want spend the $$$ right now... But it's ROY! 

Not gonna lie, the measurements were a total disappointment for me.

Not really sure what is slim or tapered in the larger sizes. The difference in leg opening between this and the last release is 0.2", the knee 0.5", and thigh 0.05" for a size 36.  

42 minutes ago, elmcitizen said:

Also, that's not a shot at SE or Roy. They both do amazing things. I'm just disappointed the fit won't work for what I'm looking for.

What were you looking for? I’m hoping roy uses this denim on his next straight leg Jean. I’m tempted to size up and try these but I don’t wanna spend the money on something I know won’t be perfect. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

What were you looking for? I’m hoping roy uses this denim on his next straight leg Jean. I’m tempted to size up and try these but I don’t wanna spend the money on something I know won’t be perfect. 

If it makes any difference, these aren't very slim once you see them on.  These are more like a slightly slimmed down straight leg jean, these aren't "slim tapered" by what we general consider to be that fit. 

30 minutes ago, mpukas said:

@kiya - is this RT similar to the RT1002 from a few years ago? 

The fit is slightly tweaked, though the measurements in most areas are similar.  The fabric on the other hand is completely different and has never been used on another jean prior to this.

Fabric looks lovely, but not sure measurements are slim enough for me based on current tastes. I'm not a super slim fan, but getting to my waist would mean a much larger thigh than I'm used to (also the leg opening is around 21cms, right?). Shame as my Roy Big Bro denim shirt is one of my favourite shirts and been looking to get some actual jeans from him. End of the day I'm sure these'll sell out without my meagre contribution. 

I think the measurements are a little misleading and the jeans are a little slimmer than the charts indicate, at least in my opinion. Don't discount how much Cone can shrink down the road.
I threw my RT1002's on this morning and I'm thinking I'll have to pass on the new ones unfortunately. They're slimmer than I remember, but then again my tastes have changed a lot in 5 years time.
Excuse the house slippers. :P
CMEboqW.jpg
hPtceJH.jpg

@Josh'N'Roll I think the cut is slimmer than the 02 from OA. The thighs feel tighter and the rise feels lower by comparison.
However I do think these must have been washed and stowed away, I still have them on and they've stretched nicely. Maybe I will cop. :ph34r: What do y'all think of the fit?

And the house slippers are high quality Target brand, courtesy of my girlfriend. :P

I love everything about this fit. size 33 post soak is 12/16 rise, <13" thigh, 9" knee 8" hem.  Just the perfect jean for me.   Don't think I can make $445 work for me though, fair price though for what it is.  Also a little disappointed to see 100% cotton instead of a poly core.  Usually cone denim is so tough and slow to patina that I wouldn't really want to be doing stitching repairs before the jeans even look worn.  Definitely fair for Roy to spec if he wants though.

Edited by givemefive

Here're current fit pics of my RT1002 size 33, and the final pic is from 2015 in raw state. Comparing the raw measurements of these RT1002 to the measurements of the new RT's, the new lot is almost 1" bigger in the waist and thigh. But that's comparing my measurements to SE's, which often are not the same. I really need a size 34 in the RT1002, as the upper thighs and hips are too tight. If SE's measurements are accurate, a 33 in the new RT might work well for me, depending on how much this denim shrinks. 

@Broark I think your RT1002's look really good! I know you're into looser, straighter cuts now, but you can pull off this cut if you choose to. 

857070864_20201209_092645-Copy.thumb.jpg.1e401da204aef6bfd6ae80e83fa7272f.jpg

1592700057_20201209_092657-Copy.thumb.jpg.4bc37cd0516e133089b7b0359de65266.jpg

20150418_142109.thumb.jpg.03e50ff5eb0357db8f1cd717fe8c1ce3.jpg

18 minutes ago, givemefive said:

I love everything about this fit. size 33 post soak is 12/16 rise, <13" thigh, 9" knee 8" hem.  Just the perfect jean for me.   Don't think I can make $445 work for me though, fair price though for what it is.  Also a little disappointed to see 100% cotton instead of a poly core.  Usually cone denim is so tough and slow to patina that I wouldn't really want to be doing stitching repairs before the jeans even look worn.  Definitely fair for Roy to spec if he wants though.

he's used this cotton pima thread for a while and at least on my last two pairs, the threading has done as well as my other pairs of jeans with poly core. I think the pima cotton plus the high stitch count makes it hold up nicely.