Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

This has been long overdue, but I decided to snap some fit pics of my Roy XX20 that I recently purchased from @Smallrod. Thank you for such a smooth transaction!

These are size 32 and was machine washed twice by Smallrod (quick wash setting on HOT, no spin, and air dried). I believe all the shrinkage has been accounted for; however, I will be washing/soaking these in cold water moving forward.

As for the fit, I love it. About 4 inches were hemmed off and the length is just perfect after the two hot washes as it allows me to cuff just one time or leave it uncuffed without too much stacking. It still has the classic straight look, but is tad bit slimmer compared to my ROY x SE Cloth Patch and my R01SAIL. For reference, I am 6’1 about 170lb.

The fabric on the XX20 is really nice and is completely different from Black Seed. It is definitely more airy, almost like a loose-tension weave that has a slight slub/texture to it. The fabric is also more of a deep blue in real life, which I really enjoy. From the looks of it, I feel this new fabric will fade a lot quicker than Black Seed.

Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase and really happy to add these to the collection. Can’t wait to see how they’ll turn out in a few months/years.

Note: Please don’t mind the unfinished baseboards as we are currently remodeling the flooring.

QBNfcYm.jpg

o60FIp7.jpg

xjHC1Sn.jpg

Edited by tewsday

• 2 weeks later...

per roy's instagram post- "Anyway, in #denimnews, I'm starting a batch of jeans, and yes, they're a fricken #slimtaper #mediumrise" 

this feels like good news to those who've been clamoring for a return to those fits... do we think they'll stick around the $430 high water mark? 

11 minutes ago, lophophora said:

this feels like good news to those who've been clamoring for a return to those fits... do we think they'll stick around the $430 high water mark? 

I can't see them costing less. I doubt material costs have changed much (if anything possibly they're more) and previous sales have proven there is a market for his work at that price point.

Fit check on these BB1002 they’re a 36 but after a hot wash and dryer they’re almost perfect I think and shrink down to about 34? 
sorry for the terrible lighting.  
DHIPqAh.jpgVG5Vre7.jpgmI3y36t.jpg

It's hard for me to say with the lighting, they do need a hem. I'm inclined to say they look a tad big, but that prolly makes them very comfortable. 

6 hours ago, crownzip said:

Hey Dr, yes they are.

Cool. I still have my pair, which haven't been worn for quite a few years.  Think they are just languishing in the bottom of my denim stash, unloved but not forgotten.

They were so solidly made, which is what impressed me most. And the whole one guy operation obvs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...