Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I have a pair of R01 XX20 size 32 I’ll offer up if anyone wants them.  

Hot washed twice, worn once for a couple hours.  They were hemmed to 33” and are 30” now so doubt they would shrink anymore.  

Comes with pocket flasher and raw hem cutoffs.  

PM if interested.  

Edited by Smallrod
corrected an error

19 hours ago, Smallrod said:

I have a pair of R01 XX20 size 32 I’ll offer up if anyone wants them.  

Hot washed twice, worn once for a couple hours.  They were hemmed to 33” and are 30” now so doubt they would shrink anymore.  

Comes with pocket flasher and raw hem cutoffs.  

PM if interested.  

I have been getting a lot of people asking for measurements and price...I will sell them for $475 shipped to the US (from the Bahamas) and measurements below.  The measurements are after their last wash and have not been worn.  Any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

15.5"    Waist measured straight across the top like self edge measures. 

12"       Front rise

16.25"  Back rise

13.25"  Thigh at crotch seam measured straight out to the end

9.25"    Knee @13" down from crotch seam

8.5"     Hem

30"      Inseam

59 minutes ago, Smallrod said:

I have been getting a lot of people asking for measurements and price...I will sell them for $475 shipped to the US (from the Bahamas) and measurements below.  The measurements are after their last wash and have not been worn.  Any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

15.5"    Waist measured straight across the top like self edge measures. 

12"       Front rise

16.25"  Back rise

13.25"  Thigh at crotch seam measured straight out to the end

9.25"    Knee @13" down from crotch seam

8.5"     Hem

30"      Inseam

SOLD!

• 2 weeks later...

SOLD

I'm selling my Roy R01 LeRoy from 2018, size 32, w/ cloth patch and... well, you know... Black seed denim. Soaked, washed twice, hot dryer, steam ironed. Fully shrunk. No fading, crocking, creasing, marbling at all. Unhemmed, has Roy's original chain stitch hem. They're a size too small for me. I've only tried them on and wore them around my home for a couple hours. DM to discuss. I'll sell them to whomever is most interested, not necessarily the first offer. Pics upon request. 

Measurements, raw / washed:

waist, straight across: 16.5/33.0 / 15.5/31.0 - after wearing for a couple of hours there isn't a significant change in the waist, but it will stretch with consistent wear. 

wasit, aligned: 17.0/34.0 / 15.875/31.75

front rise: 13.0 / 12.25

back rise: 17.5 / 16.25

thigh @ crotch: 13.5 / 13

thigh 2" down: 12.875 / 12.375

knee 14" down: 9.625 / 9.125

hem: 8.875 / 8.5

inseam: 38.5 / 34.75

Edited by mpukas

Whats the consensus here on black seed? I only have one pair and I have the XUVS Leroys. Seems people aren't crazy about black seed but my pair is pretty new so I haven't really seen how they evolve. Just from what I'm picking up seems like people aren't crazy about it.

I wouldn't say people aren't crazy about it, I think Roy just made a lot of pairs with the same denim. So people are more likely to be interested in different denims.
I think Black Seed is a great denim, I sure own a lot of it...

I love my black seed R01s. I think the main gripe about the denim is that it is not fast fading. I have worn these everyday since March when the pandemic started and am just starting to see major signs of wear. The denim is super comfortable and has a great texture but IMO a lot of people want instant fades.

8 hours ago, Radiohead89 said:

Whats the consensus here on black seed? I only have one pair and I have the XUVS Leroys. Seems people aren't crazy about black seed but my pair is pretty new so I haven't really seen how they evolve. Just from what I'm picking up seems like people aren't crazy about it.

I love it, but it is a slow fader and the post-wash electric blue is probably not everyone’s cup of tea.  

For the initiated, its about as good as modern American denim gets (RIP Cone).  The vertical fade and slubs are interesting without being exaggerated like a lot of Japanese denim and while the overall fabric looks saturated and keeps its color longer, the edges pop for nice fades on seams, and even the shell stitching, rather quickly.

Roy cuts aren’t tight, so while you won’t likely get a stereotypical high-contrast “SuFu fade,” you do get a good-looking, comfortable, and hard-wearing denim that looks better with age.  

Here are a couple pics, will try to follow up with some better ones in natural light tomorrow.  

Fair to say there aren’t enough or as many Roy fade photos as other brands, I think given there just aren’t as many pairs floating around!

CF109356-3410-4334-9E1E-A7994A47C194.jpeg

3481EC6E-AA9D-475D-A12D-2D02628ECD54.jpeg

Edited by cjfergs