Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

1 hour ago, Broark said:

So far I think I like the XX20 more because it's a little looser weave and differs from anything I own from Roy.
XUVS almost reminds me more of the denim used on the original KS1001 run, but less hairy and a little flatter in appearance.

Nice fit on both, Broark. How would you say the denim compares to Black Seed? 

Edited by tewsday

Thanks @tewsday, both denims are significantly lighter and more forgiving than the Black Seed denim.
The XUVS feels more similar to the Black Seed, it feels like the more densely woven denim of the two. And because of that they feel a little tighter than the XX20, but not uncomfortably so.
It'll be hard to pick one pair to wear between the two, they feel very different. The XUVS reminds me what I think of as "typical" Cone, while the XX20 is light and airy.

Wearing my pair of XX20 today for the first time, after a warm wash, and I couldn't be happier with it. I was worried they might end up too big but they are perfect at size 34.

@Radiohead89 I think it's a bit too early to tell. I think the Black Seed denim has more depth to it (no post processing, while the XUVS has some singing/etc post weave).
I think the XUVS is more wearable for the climate here, that extra oz. or two makes a big difference. At least until they are broken in.

6 hours ago, heyson said:

:( the top button on my indigo lovers popped off and the second hole ripped. I gotta figure out who can repair them. Any suggestions?

Wow. That’s wild. Are they too snug? 

Wearing my XX20s for the first time I keep thinking about how heavy these pocket bags are, 10oz pocketing on a pair of 12oz jeans is insane in the best way 

Would love to have a shirt or even a pair of jeans just out of this stuff

@mpukas I have them a hot wash and a half so I think most initial shrinkage is taken care of.
I didn't take any prewash measurements, but here's how they measure now.
Waist: 36 in.
Front rise: 12.5 in.
Back rise: 17.5 in.
Thigh: 13.5 in.
Knee: 10 in.
Hem: 9 in.

What about length? You had them hemmed at SE, yes? What was the length they were hemmed to, and what's the length now after shrink? Thanks buddy! 

Any thoughts on whether Roy would ever produce shirts/tops again? I recently read a post on Reddit discussing a Roy x Self Edge denim jacket that was possibly in the works, but never made it through the pipeline for some reason. Would love to hear thoughts as I (and I'm sure the majority of us here) have been yearning for a Roy shirt/top as of late. 

Edited by tewsday

On 8/10/2020 at 10:09 PM, tewsday said:

Any thoughts on whether Roy would ever produce shirts/tops again? I recently read a post on Reddit discussing a Roy x Self Edge denim jacket that was possibly in the works, but never made it through the pipeline for some reason.

You mean, you were reading this very thread from early 2012 and saw this discussed - Right ;)

As discussed back then. Not likely to happen, but who knows. 

if you search hard enough you can find pictures of said jacket. 

Edited by UkeNo
Facts.

One of my favorite denim jackets I own is one made by Roy.  It's his take on a traditional Type I/II/III jacket made of a fairly light weight (~12oz and I believe sanforized) indigo selvedge White Oak Cone denim.  

It's not often someone can do a twist on these classic styles and end up with a really amazing jacket.

(brag post over)

22 minutes ago, kiya said:

One of my favorite denim jackets I own is one made by Roy.  It's his take on a traditional Type I/II/III jacket made of a fairly light weight (~12oz and I believe sanforized) indigo selvedge White Oak Cone denim.  

It's not often someone can do a twist on these classic styles and end up with a really amazing jacket.

(brag post over)

@kiya looking forward to the fit pics already matey!

Throwing it out there again that I’m looking to trade my pair of raw xuvs 33s for either the xx20 or xuvs in a size 32.

I’m also willing to sell them for retail so if you’re interested in the xuvs size 33, still with flasher, let me know.

Edited by jegr

About photos of the jacket Roy made... The jacket is at my place in the Bay Area and I'm living between Mexico and Athens these past few years...Will definitely shoot some photos of it next time I have access to it!