Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

14 hours ago, SLAB said:

i want to see the back pockets :laugh:

Not too long ago, I saw the last test lots pop up on eBay, and the seller didn’t censor any details. The back pocket details was exactly what you’d expect, but the patch was faded beyond recognition. Bummer for me, that’s what I want to see the most- as I’m a Florian Bertmer fan.

^ I don't think there's any harm in saying, for the benefit of anyone who feels like poking around some, that the patch design for all three versions of the R01 Leroy's has been the same as that on the original Leroy's waist overalls

Received my XX20s yesterday, and man I am blown away. First pair of Roys and definitely one of the most beautifully constructed garments I have ever put my hands on. Just gave them a hot wash, drying in the sun now... test lot pocket details are neat, but may actually wind up picking them off just as a personal preference 

B297D74C-6F62-4866-9ED5-A05E2D1DEF57.jpeg

70CA3338-2914-4820-911B-50D6CCE25D3F.jpeg

10 hours ago, buler said:

Am I not in on something? Are the back pockets a secret?

B

The first rule of Roy’s back pockets is: You do not talk about Roy’s back pockets. The second rule of Roy’s back pockets is: You do not talk about Roy’s back pockets. Third rule of Roy’s back pockets is you talk about them so much everyone knows what they look like. 

11 hours ago, lefty said:

My buns have no seeds
0BE38A81-37E9-4817-9479-B707802EBEDF.thumb.jpeg.7bee88701100e149608b118faac154ea.jpeg

I'm seeing an "almost" arcuate on that vest... and that nametag... I'm seeing arcuates everywhere. Or am I?

4 hours ago, Broark said:

Just picked up both my pairs, some comparison photos. XX20 on top, XUVS beneath.
iPhone lighting playing some tricks in the later photos, the denim of the XX20 looks darker when it's displayed on its own.
mm3pN6G.jpg
MHqgu4R.jpg
w8HqyBp.jpg
XX20:
JlRXx5x.jpg
cefatO2.jpg
XUVS:
Gp7TD98.jpg
Comparison of the hems to give you some color comparisons. XX20 on the left, XUVS on the right.
RfKqpZk.jpg
O5Bjzl6.jpg
tC4dC3Y.jpg
1wDTAyZ.jpg
yoUnvOW.jpg

Lovely pictures Austin! 

To all who’ve had the fortune to receive the new pairs, I am envious. They look fantastic. Are there inner pocket details at all? Besides the Leroy, of course. If someone could DM me a photo of the patch, I’d love to see... Was the detail I was looking forward to most. 

Also- a little late, but the Indigolovers had full size rivets for the coin pocket. Did the  “Very Nice Pocket” jeans have them at full size as well? 

Shameless plug alert:  Just soaked the XUVS and am really happy with the fit.  It looks like Roy tweaked the waist a bit compared to previous R01 runs.  This XUVS in size 34 had a raw waist of 36.4" -- about an inch bigger than my other R01 Test Lot 14.5 oz. pair (new/raw).  If anyone is finding their size 34 XX20 or XUVS too big, let me know -- would love to trade.

27 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Shameless plug alert:  Just soaked the XUVS and am really happy with the fit.  It looks like Roy tweaked the waist a bit compared to previous R01 runs.  This XUVS in size 34 had a raw waist of 36.4" -- about an inch bigger than my other R01 Test Lot 14.5 oz. pair (new/raw).  If anyone is finding their size 34 XX20 or XUVS too big, let me know -- would love to trade.

it is not clear what you have for trade?

I was out of town over the weekend, and just picked up my XUVS 33's today. Really bummed that I wasn't able to get the XX20's as well. Haven't even tried them on yet. Absurdly long. Again, I so wish Roy would offer hemming on his jeans, as his chain stitch is really sweet and so clean. 

Do you like one denim better than the other? I can't say that I do. From the pics, I like both equally well for what they are. 

So far I think I like the XX20 more because it's a little looser weave and differs from anything I own from Roy.
XUVS almost reminds me more of the denim used on the original KS1001 run, but less hairy and a little flatter in appearance.