Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Does anyone know if the KS1001 and RT1002 models are made with the same black seed denim?

I thought I read somewhere that the denim is slightly different. The thread color in the selvedge line looks different to me...could be that it’s just faded. Just curious

67BCD502-45BA-4F8E-B318-218413A8BD82.jpeg

C0319E0C-06A0-4891-89FD-696DF02C32D5.jpeg

A7E22502-94C5-4BCD-A1D2-3B7CEBD74F34.jpeg

Sounds like it @81611, I believe all those models used different denims. I have some overlap in my collection, lots of Black Seed Cone. But I’ve also got a few of those earlier models before he started using that denim.

2 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

KS1001 was 13.75oz 

I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure the Black Seed is around 13.75, and the denim on the KS1001 is lighter. I seem to remember it been listed as 12.5 when it was released, but it could have been 12oz.

Of course, I’m going by memory alone, so I can’t say I’m 100% certain on those figures.

6 minutes ago, goodrain said:

DETAILS

• Name: Roy KS1001 Kinda Special
    • Weight: 13.75 Oz.
    • Denim: Custom made loomstate selvedge denim made from 100% American Pima Cotton by Cone Mills

https://www.heddels.com/2014/05/roy-ks1001-kinda-special-jeans-just-released/

I stand corrected. My apologies. Roy thought they could have been 12oz. He was even more wrong than I was. :)

super stoked to see in however many (2-3?) weeks what comes of the Leroys... new fabric & new details seem especially groovy. I feel like the cut has to err on the side of tapered(?) since it would be hard to go straighter and wider without becoming a pseudo-farmer. At least, that's what I'd look like. Pocketbags look like they're returning to a natural undyed fabric as opposed to the duck of late... time to speculate wildly i guess

As soon as I saw 12oz I knew I was in. The R01 is not a fit I would normally wear but if it doesn't work for me I know there are plenty of denim tailors that could help me with a bit of taper.

Very excited and looking forward to seeing more details.

Wait, they were supposed to be different denim AND cut, no? I remember seeing it somewhere, or am I losing it? Not that I’m complaint if it’s the regular R01, just confused.

Also, that previous pic form IG with two different boxes with belt loops makes more sense now.

Edited by Cocoa_Lapin

1 hour ago, Cocoa_Lapin said:

Wait, they were supposed to be different denim AND cut, no? I remember seeing it somewhere, or am I losing it? Not that I’m complaint if it’s the regular R01, just confused.

Also, that previous pic form IG with two different boxes with belt loops makes more sense now.

Same cut, but due to the different denim the fits may be very slightly different between the two denim styles.  We'll have measurements up for both of course a few days before the release in a couple of weeks.

I could go for another pair of R01 in a different denim. Even if I haven't worn the ones I have yet. As tempting as it is to get both denim's, I'll prolly opt for just the darker color. It's Roy. 'nuff said. 

2 hours ago, wmb said:

have two pairs of R01 already -- time to buy two more?

We’ll see how the measurements and details shake out, y’all already know I’m a Roy collector so. B)