Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

19 minutes ago, Broark said:

Definitely not the most comfortable summer denim, especially when new.
I find that when the Black Seed denim is broken in it's pretty comfortable for summer though.

Can we get some fit pics of the indigo lovers? Does the texture change a lot after the soak?

I'll work on it, I've been pretty damned lazy lately with photos during this quarantine.
I can post some comparison photos fo the Black Seed washed/raw, I've got pairs in each state.

It's funny to me that you guys are saying Roy's Black Seed is heavy at 13.5oz raw / 15oz +/- washed. :D As I'm still wearing TFH 20oz, which gives IH 25oz a serious run for it's money

1 hour ago, mpukas said:

It's funny to me that you guys are saying Roy's Black Seed is heavy at 13.5oz raw / 15oz +/- washed. :D As I'm still wearing TFH 20oz, which gives IH 25oz a serious run for it's money

I can’t even wear FH pioneer denim when it’s 85+ outside! 

It's been about 12-15°F warmer than average here in the high country for the past week or so. mid-80's, forecasted to be high-80's and even 90 later this week. Not sure How much longer I can hold out before shorts become the daily WAYWT. Couldn't handle jeans in Vegas or TX in that heat! 

17 hours ago, Broark said:

@mpukas I couldn’t resist once I saw the pair pop up, and the seller gave me a good price. Kinda crazy, those jeans shipped from SESF all the way to Germany and then made their way back to Texas. 

Glad you're enjoying the new denim, and yes it occurred to me what a journey those jeans have had in such a short period of time.

Your purchase helped finance this little gem - Germany is an absolute goldmine for vintage machines, the Pfaff will be a daily driver once I put a new motor on it.  I almost felt bad taking it off a local oma!

UG74Exh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were two LeRoys, but only one version was a repro—guessing these’ll be more like the others, if either

Extra stoked either way

edit: Any info on these yet besides what’s on the Self Edge Instagram page?

Edited by julian-wolf

It’ll be slim tapered, low rise and feature cargo pockets, flaps on the back pockets, crotch rivet AND back yoke rivet. 6” leg opening no matter what size you are. 

jk. Not repro but features many Leroy details. The most exciting thing is that he’s not using the black seed fabric this time....

39 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

It’ll be slim tapered, low rise and feature cargo pockets, flaps on the back pockets, crotch rivet AND back yoke rivet. 6” leg opening no matter what size you are. 

jk. Not repro but features many Leroy details. The most exciting thing is that he’s not using the black seed fabric this time....

2f1FsCk.gif

Hoping it’s that left hand twill Collect he showed me in his workshop last fall but I’m into anything that’s a change from Black Seed Cone. You already know I’m buying a pair. :D