Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

The SF01 fit just isn’t right for me. 
selling them. Message me if interested. 
34x29 

not asking $1k but not giving them away either. 
They’ve only been cold soaked once. 

30 minutes ago, eeejayaich said:

@lophophora, Mine is losing indigo at about the same rate. I’ll post some barely faded pics when I get a chance. We can commiserate over our still new looking denim. Haha. 

new-looking is right...slow evolution is rewarding when you’re watching other people but hard when it’s all up to you! it’s time i transition this from a “date night” shirt to something i wear all the time 

51 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Anyone got photos of a well worn Roy Baja? 
always mad I slept on it. 
@youngofthesoonest @Broark?

I actually sold mine. I realized that I very rarely wear lightweight short sleeve shirts other than t-shirts so I sold all but a handful. in hindsight, I wish I kept mine but I honestly wasn't wearing it all that much so it'd just be extra clutter in my already cluttered home. 

My only issue with the Baja shirt is that I’m not crazy about the color red with my skin tone. Now that it’s summer I’m in the pool almost every weekend so I’ll get a little tan and it won’t accentuate how pink I might look at times. :D

Here's the new addition I hinted at recently, bought these from a guy on Grailed (he lurks here so he knows how much of a Roy collector I am) for a good price.
The patch is pretty fried as he washed/dried them twice, but it reminds me of the way Warehouse ages the patches on some of their Duck Digger jeans.
Wore them all day yesterday so the creases are already setting a bit. Happy to add them to the collection. :)
yaXJN0T.jpg
awMX3im.jpg
y1xHmTg.jpg
6i4M7bu.jpg
GJ3NZqU.jpg
EyGVAqF.jpg
zCIjoK3.jpg
kpUBWzW.jpg
YpX511s.jpg
nZzZ25I.jpg
G3FrpvJ.jpg

@Thanks_M8 I agree, the fried patch actually works well I think.
Fit feels similar to the last batch of R01's, but a little slimmer in the top block and leg opening but not by much.
Here are the measurements he had listed on the sales page.
Waist 17.75"
Front Rise 12.5"
Inseam 34.5"
Rear Rise 17"
Thigh 13"
Knee 9.5"
Leg Opening 9"

1 hour ago, Broark said:

@Thanks_M8 I agree, the fried patch actually works well I think.
Fit feels similar to the last batch of R01's, but a little slimmer in the top block and leg opening but not by much.
Here are the measurements he had listed on the sales page.
Waist 17.75"
Front Rise 12.5"
Inseam 34.5"
Rear Rise 17"
Thigh 13"
Knee 9.5"
Leg Opening 9"

Makes me want to soak my raw pair of indigo lovers. How does the black seed compare to standard Ooe denim after a soak. My OAO1 is size 34 and I got a pair of 32 in the indigo lover black seed. Those pocket bags look great. 

that is my experience as well -- the black seed is heavier and stretches eventually, but not like the OA's.  the Roy develops really nice deep creases and take on the wearers shape 

I like them much better as they age -- the fit isn't the most flattering at the beginning but become better and better and get very comfortable

Im just going to take an assumption that black seed is breathable good summer denim? I know the OA is super comfy during warmer weather. I love my OA and have been wearing a lot in the Florida heat but really tempted to give my indigo lovers a hot soak.