Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

3 hours ago, fatt_riggs said:

Ok here are two photos, not best quality but I do like the fit just thought the waist my stretch a bit too much. this is 1 warm soak in the tub for 30 mins, and one delicates wash on warm, no detergent no spin.

roy fit 2.jpg

roy fit.jpg

that is a good fit in my opinion -- they will definitely shrink more in the washer and dryer

Thanks @lance and yeah, @UkeNo, these are of the lot made from Black Seed denim. @goodrain, I'm loving my current rotation of Warehouse, Evisu and Devi's and a fourth pair isn't really gonna fit that mix right now. Hopefully in a few months I can get them in. @fatt_riggs, if you machine wash and tumble dry you'll get some more shrink for sure and as is, you can definitely wear those. I wouldn't bother buying another in 33.

4 hours ago, fatt_riggs said:

Ok here are two photos, not best quality but I do like the fit just thought the waist my stretch a bit too much. this is 1 warm soak in the tub for 30 mins, and one delicates wash on warm, no detergent no spin.

roy fit 2.jpg

roy fit.jpg

My Self Edge R01 fit almost exactly like this initially (I know the IL cut is slightly different, but not by much). They continued to shrink throughout the first year of wear, 4 hot washes and two trips through the dryer, and look great now that they're broken in. They'll drape better once you've worn them for a few months. I'd stick with this pair, but, hey, if you can swing another one in size 33, might as well.

I did a hot wash on delicate setting, no spin cycle. After washing, I rolled them up in a towel to get rid of excess water, then threw them in the dryer on gentle/low heat, checking every 15 minutes. I removed them from the dryer while still damp (around 30-40 minutes total) and let them hang dry until completely dry. YMMV depending on your dryer.

1 hour ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

I did a hot wash on delicate setting, no spin cycle. After washing, I rolled them up in a towel to get rid of excess water, then threw them in the dryer on gentle/low heat, checking every 15 minutes. I removed them from the dryer while still damp (around 30-40 minutes total) and let them hang dry until completely dry. YMMV depending on your dryer.

this is good

the details on those big bros were insane but wasn't a fan of the way they fit(kind of trim through the thighs but didnt taper much below the knees so had a boot cut vibe) and the flimsy 11oz denim

but MAN those backside details... probably should have at least kept them to cut into jorts

On 5/8/2020 at 1:28 PM, Broark said:

Awesome. Love the contrast of the pocket bags and seashell stitching.

Honestly, the pocket bag material would be awesome as jeans. A summer weight for sure.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:17 PM, Jared_Lee said:

@reallypeacedoff is that the same duck that was used for the Foreman Chino?

I saw this thread on Reddit and it seams SE-DUCK was 11.25oz and Foreman was 10.5oz. It's a good read for anyone that wants to see the old archive pages on Self Edge and brush up on the Roy history.

Edited by reallypeacedoff