Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

5 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

The test lots used poly core thread and not the Pima thread?

Correct, my first pair has been worn, washed/dried a lot and the stitching is holding up well. No sign of breaking.

I have this and the BB red chambray...constantly looking for others.  I deeply regret not getting his other shirts when they were available.  

If anyone has any of Roy’s other shirts in sizes Medium or Large that you are willing to part with, please let me know.  

42 minutes ago, Broark said:

Alright, who's got a Roy Big Bro natural indigo shirt in size XL.
Gotta throw a line out there annually. :D

In my heart of hearts i hope you find one. The day you do, we’ll lock the Roy thread from further comments.

Edited by youngofthesoonest

Reposting from the small questions thread:

Hey everyone, sorry to bother and if I am in the wrong place i apologize. recently got a pair of the roy r01 indigo lovers in sz 34. they are amazing but fit just slightly baggier than i hoped. was wondering if anyone on here had any roy jeans in sz 33 that they would be willing to part with. My IL's are soaked twice and have a bit of leg twist and i am truly loving them so far. thanks again!

2 hours ago, fatt_riggs said:

Hey everyone, sorry to bother and if I am in the wrong place i apologize. recently got a pair of the roy r01 indigo lovers in sz 34. they are amazing but fit just slightly baggier than i hoped. was wondering if anyone on here had any roy jeans in sz 33 that they would be willing to part with. My IL's are soaked twice and have a bit of leg twist and i am truly loving them so far. thanks again!

Depending on how you'd like the fit alternated there's always the option of chucking them in the dryer using short intervals to make sure you don't shrink them too much. I realise that getting a well fitting pair would be better but beggars can’t be choosers and all that. :D

7 hours ago, fatt_riggs said:

I initially felt the same way about my first pair of R01 W34.  I have washed them and dried them a few times and the overall fit shrinks quite a bit.  I am finding now that I as the denim softens, it is taking on a terrific character -- see the photos on the last page and really taking on shape.  

on that note, I did buy the indigo lovers in a 33 and will be interested in seeing how those evolve -- they have only been soaked once 

Roy RS01 washed and tumbled, no wear yet. I bought them when they came out and just haven't started in on them yet. I sized these at 32 to fit just right in the waist after a wash and then be worn with a belt to achieve a full, work trouser silhouette. 

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

9 hours ago, fatt_riggs said:

If they've only been soaked twice and not washed at all then I expect you have only achieved 50% or maybe 2-3rds of the actually shrink available. 

I'd wash them again with some warmer water and agitation / machine. 
also worth noting that the difference between a size 33 and 34 won't bring a dramatic difference in fit. 
Roy himself used to have a guide on how to size his pairs up or down and the look each achieved. I have a 32, 33 and 34 - all fit. 

22 minutes ago, goodrain said:

@Jared_Lee please start wearing them and show us the full potential of black seed denim

The RS1s aren't Black Seed denim. They are selvage cone but not the Roy developed Black Seed. 

Edit. The more recent RS01's are Black seed, the older RS1/RN1's are different cone. 

Edited by UkeNo