Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Memorial Jeans almost due for another wash. The Black Seed denim is slow to fade but worth the time.
esmp0nF.jpg
xjwdQPB.jpg
My belt is causing a weird little hole to develop right on the fly:
w6uwsUk.jpg
N6BWthJ.jpg
QIVDa9Q.jpg
bVjt4kn.jpg
DBQ3get.jpg
VPHo3bY.jpg
ZJQF42m.jpg
whCE2l9.jpg
lSt5vE1.jpg
gdoQnyD.jpg
0cpSxxN.jpg

Knew the day would come eventually, hope he's got a few more projects up his sleeve.
I need to take his invitation up on visiting the workshop before that happens...

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Knew the day would come eventually, hope he's got a few more projects up his sleeve.
I need to take his invitation up on visiting the workshop before that happens...

Go for it, he might be the last of his kind at this insane addiction.

Sad day ahead, indeed. Unfortunately, I think we all saw this coming for some time. I could guess that there are multiple reasons why Roy would want to get out. I wonder how the financial aspect is a factor. 

Super bummer. His jeans really are top notch; this makes me extra sad that it took me so long to try them out. As an East Bay native + resident, I always feel a little proud wearing and using local stuff, and his is some of the best.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

I'm working on it, might have a trip planned out there in a month or so. Need to email him.

Meanwhile: if you do make it out and end up with any extra time on your hands, get in touch—I'd be glad to grab a beer

Most definitely @julian-wolf, no concrete plans yet but I want to make it happen.
Pigeontreecrafting posted on reddit that he heard Roy's actually just looking to move into a new space and unloading some equipment, so not really looking to retire yet.
Really hope that's the case.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:15 AM, owlofminerva said:

These look great!  I sized down for the test lots, which (I think) are the same cut, and I’m wishing now that I had picked these up and either gone tts or maybe even sized up.  It’s cool that you can get such different fits from the same cut.

What is that jungle fatigue shirt, btw?  Army surplus, or Japanese repro?

Thanks! Apologies, I have not logged on for a few weeks. Yes, I definitely agree on the various fits you can get with Roy denim. You should upload a fit of your test lots. Would love to see them! 

The shirt is the 3sixteen Olive BDU. The material is really nice and the nep is unreal. It’s one of my go-to shirt for spring/summer nights or fall.

• 2 weeks later...