Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Thought I would give you guys first opportunity to get these if you want them...I have a pair of R01s size 32, unwashed,  unsoaked and original hem. I bought two pairs thinking Roy was not going to make the cut again. Then I picked up a par of the test lots. 300 +shipping. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the most exciting aspect is that Roy might be using a denim that isn’t the Black Seed Cone he’s been using for awhile. Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff but I have four pairs with the same denim.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I think the most exciting aspect is that Roy might be using a denim that isn’t the Black Seed Cone he’s been using for awhile. Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff but I have four pairs with the same denim.

How did you figure that might be the case? Or is it :ph34r: info?

@elmcitizen same cut as the Memorial Jeans, room in the thigh and top block, very slight taper.
Wouldn't to call it a "straight taper" like a lot of brands do now because they're not that tapered at all. I think my 36 has a 9 in. hem or so.
Not sure if they'll be the exact same as the SE jeans despite the nomenclature, we'll see once we get photos and measurements.
I'm just hoping for a different denim, would love this cut in something different.
I've pretty much exclusively wearing my Memorial Jeans lately, the cut has grown on me a lot.

Wouldn't mind trying Roy but his selling model is absolutely maddening and his website feels like a gymnastics routine to find anything.  

Is it safe to assume nothing will make the online store? I can see people buying them all up in store quick. 

I think of the Memorial jeans as a 1955's cut. They're pretty close to the LVC 1955 and the IH 1955s. Perfect for me...

I'd love the same cut in a different denim. As much as I like them, I don't see the point of ordering the same cut in the same fabric just to get a different patch...