Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Yeah, I saw his post too but it seems he deleted it. He said they would go on sale on the 22nd. He previously told me sometime around the 20th-23rd. 

I do wonder if they are up for sale already, but with no more publicity, because I can click through to Paypal now whereas before I'm pretty sure this wasn't possible due to being sold out. I was just curious as I don't think I'm buying this time... guess we'll soon find out...

Hmm they were live when I posted. 

I didn’t purchase but I definitely added my size to cart and went to PayPal for payment. 

Maybe it was a glitch or maybe they already sold out 

Any info on what the details are generally like on his Test Lot jeans (besides the pockets)? Even given that posting photos is a no-go, there seems to be surprisingly little info floating around…

Been real tempted to jump on a pair of his jeans before the Black Seed fabric runs out, but a little scared to do so without knowing anything more about what I'm signing up for

Didn't love the details on the Memorial jeans, but would've been all over the Peanuts if I'd had the chance

I'm very tempted to get these but I'm not sure I will grab a pair. I have the original Test Lot jeans and love them, probably my most worn Roy's.
I say this now, but wait until they come out and I'll probably have a pair on my way. :rolleyes:

Not live yet... I'm on the fence as to getting another pair... so, so many pairs I'd like to have including/in addition to Roy... 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Anyone remember what the cut of the original Test Lot was a few years ago?  Different than Memorial or these new jeans?

Different than the Memorial Jeans, a little more similar to the RS cuts. Slimmer in the thigh and lower rise with a straighter leg. 

12 minutes ago, Broark said:

Different than the Memorial Jeans, a little more similar to the RS cuts. Slimmer in the thigh and lower rise with a straighter leg. 

Thanks Broark.  You're saying the Memorial and this new offering are bigger in the thigh area, with higher rise, and wider or narrower down below?

Of course! And yes I would say there is more rise, thigh and seat room compared to the original Test Lot jeans and the Memorial has very slightly more taper. But the difference in taper is negligible, I find the Memeorial jeans fairly straight legged. 

Thanks Broark and TheEscapist.  Roy has definitely tweaked the fit from KS to original Test Lot to Memorial/new Test Lot.  I have KS1001/1002 (very linear, pretty straight from top to bottom, trim through the hips, high rise) and original Test Lot (lower rise, a bit more room from knee down).  This new Test Lot looks comfortable -- roomier in top block and knee, with some taper down below.  Tempting, but too many jeans purchases this past year -- need to hire a jeans wearer ;-)

7 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

A secret. An obvious secret though

Oh wait, I get it then haha

I ended up getting a pair although—like most of people here—I don't need more jeans! Maybe it's the exam stress that's getting to me... Or I'll just tell myself that!