Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Yeah, hard to say on what will happen. I wore my TCB 70s Bush Pants to my job as an ironworker, and after about 100 days they looked like I had been wearing them for years, but then they basically blew out on every seem imagination and my pockets ripped off.

100 hard working days = 3 years of normal wear and insane fades, but now they are either for strictly a keep-sake or need heavy repairs

EDIT!

but I still think you should continue... because at the end of the day they are just jeans, and they are YOUR jeans, and you should treat them however you please

Edited by MasonAlexander

Agree. No diss on anyone here but I always scratch my head when people justify wearing their flat heads or such to construction jobs, justify it because they are “work wear” and then post pics of a shitty looking pair of beat up jeans that just look awful. I have no data to back this other than observation but The denim we obsess over isn’t built to be true work wear and falls apart accordingly. 

Just to clarify I bought them as work jeans.  

So I thought I’d see how these hold up.

Not everyone’s cup of tea which is fine.

Either way I like to see jeans being treated like jeans 

Here we are at 10 days of wear. 4 days working commercial construction 

QDdfC3B.jpg

65lo2gm.jpg

Edited by ecsong187

Mostly a fun/expensive experiment to see how well they hold up and how they fade. 

After they’re rags I’ll go back to my $40 Wranglers for work. They can’t  be beat for the price and are tough as nails. 

33 minutes ago, ecsong187 said:

Mostly a fun/expensive experiment to see how well they hold up and how they fade. 

After they’re rags I’ll go back to my $40 Wranglers for work. They can’t  be beat for the price and are tough as nails. 

Very cool experiment to see. Please keep posting updates.

1 hour ago, STINGER93 said:

Caught a glimpse of this before he took it down. Idk what that denim is but if it ends up on a future model I'll be buying it for sure

Reminds me of my pair of sugar cane 50/50 denim. Those are generally LHT but Roy’s pair seems to be RHT at first glance.

I *believe* the fabric is a small batch from cone, I think it's RHT. 

The same fabric is being used on the LeRoy world tour.

This specific Jean wasn't on sale ever, just gifted to a couple of people. 

I'd be keen on these, I like the silhouette, build and the fabric.

Don't quote me on any of this.

Edited by UkeNo

21 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

(Q, Did Cone ever make LHT?) 

Yes!

https://www.heddels.com/2017/03/levis-vintage-clothings-1976-lefty-jeans-are-like-looking-into-a-mirror/N

No, you're not an idiot.

20 minutes ago, UkeNo said:

Don't quote me on any of this....I'm just an idiot...

Edited by i_denim

That is a pair of the LeRoy Strauss jeans that were inspired by a very early pair of Levi’s. He used a lightweight Cone denim that was unlike anything I had experienced before. I think a very limited number of those jeans were produced. Last I heard Roy wasn’t sure what he was going to do with the rest of the denim.