Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

After 3 days so far working construction in my ROY Memorial Jeans. 
I am a size 34 but decided to size up to a 36 to have a roomier loose fit for working manual labor. 
I also prefer to wear mine on my waist. Not up high at the belly like most. 
15 minute warm soak and worn damp

Pre- Soak
Waist 17.5
Thigh 13.5
Knee 10
Leg opening 9
Inseam 35

Post soak
Waist 17
Thigh 13.25
Knee 9.5
Leg opening 8.75
Inseam 35

HsTHamk.jpg
8VsKCLa.jpg

@ecsong187 nice score! Let's see some fit pics. Per usual advice around here, I suggest you get all the shrink out now before they start to get fades and creases setting in. Particularly with how much this denim can potentially shrink. Unless you're following Roy's advice on not shrinking them too much too soon... but of course they're your jeans. Looking forward to seeing evo! mpp

9 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

I also prefer to wear mine on my waist. Not up high at the belly like most. 

The belly (or the belly button, to be more accurate) *is* the waist, or close to it, on most people.

You probably mean that you prefer to wear them on your high hips (which is where most jeans are worn, because they don't have enough rise to make it to the true waist).

New guy here. Newish to denim, even newer to Roy. I’m sold on the brand & his ethic so I’m eager to experience a pair of my own. Historically, it seems like new models are released every 2-4 months. With the Memorial coming out in January, is it reasonable to assume we’ll see something new any time now, but probably within a couple of months? I’m following on Instagram but there doesn’t seem to be much going on there. Is it best to just check in there every now and then?

Don't count on 2-4 months because Roy makes shirts too and when he has his workshop set up to make shirts he doesn't make jeans at the same time I don't think. I think we will probably get another release in the peanut/memorial fit later this year. Just follow his IG and he will make announcements there.

@MJF9 those look awesome. The 14.5oz Cone/Roy denim is so cool - I have a pair of Big Bro 2s in the Black Seed, which I do quite like, but there seems to be such a richness to the blue in your pair.

I always regret not grabbing a pair of the Buck-Tites when they came out in that fabric...

Cheers @STINGER93. The funny thing is I remember them being quite flat with a greyish tint when I first got them. I've worn them in rotation with various others over the years - so not that much wear overall really - and the last couple of years they have really developed much more blueness and quite subtle contrasts. Not sure if the pic below (from a few months ago) shows up the colour more accurately but I'll throw it out there anyway.

And yeah the Buck-tites - I remember hesitating on the trigger and then they were sold out!! Would be interested to see how your black seed have developed over time whenever you get a chance.

IMG-20171225-WA0010-1.jpg

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

Cheers @STINGER93. The funny thing is I remember them being quite flat with a greyish tint when I first got them. I've worn them in rotation with various others over the years - so not that much wear overall really - and the last couple of years they have really developed much more blueness and quite subtle contrasts. Not sure if the pic below (from a few months ago) shows up the colour more accurately but I'll throw it out there anyway.

And yeah the Buck-tites - I remember hesitating on the trigger and then they were sold out!! Would be interested to see how your black seed have developed over time whenever you get a chance.

IMG-20171225-WA0010-1.jpg

Yeah sure! I'll post em when I get home from class. Black seed is definitely slower to fade and with little contrast but I don't mind cause it totally suits their style IMO.

@MJF9

As promised here are my Big Bro 2s - unfortunately it was already dark when I got home so apologies for the crappy interior lighting. I can take some better shots in natural light tomorrow since these really shine in the sun. Got these roughly 3 years ago, probably 1.5 or so years of actual wear (maybe less?) and roughly 10 or so washes. Most stunningly well-constructed jeans I've ever owned, and I love all the details ( weird, lined back pockets, fly buttons, and ridiculously tight stitching). Thankfully I didn't have to hem them and could preserve Roy's gorgeous chain stitch on the cuffs. I'll snap some shots in daylight tomorrow morning.

IMG_20180319_194956.jpg

IMG_20180319_195043.jpg

IMG_20180319_195053.jpg

Edited by STINGER93

6 minutes ago, goodrain said:

those look so awesome. The denim on the big bro 1's were a little too flimsy

Thanks! Yeah I'm also glad to own such a strong example of a Cone Mills denim (now that they're no longer a going concern).

Here are two more pics that are a bit closer to what the color looks like in person:

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

Two days so far in these Memorial Jeans working in commercial construction doing plumbing  

I don’t think they’ll make the wait 6 month wash mark  

These will be getting washed this weekend after a full week of hard wear  haha

Maybe I should switch to Carhartt?? 

cRYGkGO.jpgJQNglvp.jpg

agreeing with UkeNo - the actual potential in them won't get released IMO if ground to a pulp in a few weeks / months...

uncle karl was doing similar bizz in tcb20s competition (and double 0 soul on denimbro) both carpenters (i think) wearing jeans long term during physical labour; gets big results, but with dry dust doesnt need such constant washes...